“Would thoroughly recommend to everyone!”

Paramount Hotel Times Square New York
Ranked #400 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed December 17, 2013

We stayed here for 7 nights at the end of November and it's very hard to find fault with the hotel at all!
Location - within a 2 minute walk from Times Square, and easy access to the subway and all of NYC's tourist destinations. Also right next to Hells Kitchen which has an abundance of bars and restaurants within walking distance
Room - we were fortunate to be upgraded upon arrival and the room was excellent, bed was huge, comfortable and the room was just what was required for a holiday where you spend very little time actually in the room anyway!
Staff - all we spoke to were really helpful and polite, special thanks to Carlos (I think) on the front desk who had some birthday cake put in my room on the 1st evening!
In response to any criticisms of the hotel, in my opinion people need to remember that it is a very old hotel, and some of the rooms I imagine might be smaller than that of a more modern hotel, but this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone! For me the character and charm of the hotel are what makes it, and if you spend so much time in your room when you're in NYC then you are wasting your time being there!
Overall, I would thoroughly recommend the Paramount to anyone and everyone thinking of visiting NYC, we will definitely stay here again when we come back!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Gary T, General Manager at Paramount Hotel Times Square New York, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

I appreciate the time you took to review our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed our location in the heart of New York City Time Square, as you stated we are only minutes from the tourist destinations and dining at walking distance. Thank you for your comments with regards to our staff and I will share your comments with Carlos.

I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Gary Tucker

Write a ReviewReviews (4,756)

Reviewed December 17, 2013

This is a great hotel for long weekend visitors. The reception area is great as is the service you get from the service desk and concierge. The rooms are somewhat small but if you are in New York you will only use them to shower and sleep! The place is clean and presentable and the location is excellent for Time square and the metro.

Room Tip: Dont worry about the room, you are only going to sleep and shower there. New York is too big and exc...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

I appreciate the time you took to review your long weekend stay at our hotel. Thank you for acknowledging our team of staff, who we are very proud of. We look forward to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Spent 5 nights at the Paramount recently and recommend it highly. This was my second visit. Previously April 2011.

A few changes since then. The spectacular but rather pointless statement staircase has gone from the foyer (which is even cosier with large gas fire and scented candles and huge sofas) and the upstairs bar has now relocated to the side of the lobby and includes a Grill with small but good menu. Great breakfast buffet too.

I was upgraded to a corner room which are the biggest on each floor and def recommend those. Huge bed plus two sofas and desk. Small typical NY hotel bathroom but glad they have kept the funky Starke fittings from an earlier 90s refit. But even standard rooms are fine.

I was on a theater trip and this hotel is the best location with no Broadway house further than a 7 min walk and many just a minute or two away. Very close but thankfully not on Times Square.

Fantastic friendly staff. No queue to check in. Shout out to Oscar, Manager, who was so helpful and super charming. Rare in my 25 year NY hotel experience.

I really LOVE this hotel and will def be back. It ticks all the boxes for me. Stylish but not precious. Theater District. Not boutique but not business/tourist mass hotel either. Sensible rates. Great staff and good bar. Nice Italian coffee shop as well.

• Stayed: December 2013

Thank you for the excellent comments! I am glad that you had such a great experience, for I am very proud of our wonderful team and the fantastic service they provide. A great experience such as yours is what makes all our team efforts worthwhile, and I have shared your positive comments with them. I hope to see you stay with us again in the future and look forward to the opportunity to provide you excellence in service again very soon.

Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

Visited for 6 nights in December. Managed to get an up grade which was fantastic. Literally 2 minute walk to Times Square. Reading some of the reviews on here may put you off but if you go looking for problems you will find then at any hotel. Yes rooms are slightly small but all city centre rooms are. Massive thanks to Oscar vela for his help before we arrived. Didn't use the restaurant or bar as ate out or brought food back. Coffee shops inside hotel is great and also pizza shop next door is amazing. Would definitely return and recommend to a friend

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Gary T, General Manager at Paramount Hotel Times Square New York, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2013

Thank you for your 5 Star review of our hotel! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay, our team, and of course our location. I will inform Oscar about your comment. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed our Corso coffee shop. We are glad you are now a loyal guest!

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Very much enjoyed my stay with family at this beautiful hotel. The location was incredible. So close to Times Square and an easy walk to Rockefeller Center, Fifth Ave. Macy's , FAO Shwartz. The Theater District was right there so it's easy to see a show and enjoy a dinner at one of many wonderful restaurants. The hotel Lobby is beautiful and inviting. The bar is open until 1:00am and you can bring your drinks to enjoy the beautiful fireplace in the lobby. Christmas time in the city was made more enjoyable because of our comfortable stay here.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your 5 Star review of our hotel! We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that your experience was a positive one! We hope to see you for many years to come enjoy our lobby.

Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

I have not been at the Paramount for few years and booked online last minute.
Considering the time of year I got a great rate.
Hotel is very central.....,
Even if on the 3rd floor my room was not noisy as on the inside.
Rooms are very small but clean and comfortable.
A good option for NYC for sure!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad you are a loyal guest and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

On reading other reviews we were more than a little concerned about what we would find when we arrived at the paramount. I had booked a 4 night stay for 5 people in 3 superior queen rooms.
On arrival we were welcomed and kindly given free wifi in our rooms, which was great. The lobby had attracted me to book the hotel in the first place and did not disappoint, a lovely warm meeting place to grab a comfy seat.
The rooms were small and lacked perhaps a little sparkle, but the beds were clean and comfortable. The size of the room did not bother us, we had a decent size bathroom and space to unpack our cases. Granted as others have said most of the space is taken up by the bed, but what else do you need on a trip to the big apple!
All 3 rooms were on the 16 the floor and we were not disturbed by the noise from Times Square.
I would certainly stay here again. The price is reasonable for the location and all staff we encountered were friendly and knowledgable.
Unfortunately the hotel bar is very expensive, so I would not recommend popping in for a drink.
Overall I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and felt it necessary to add a positive review as we all had a fantastic time, thank you paramount.

Room Tip: Higher floor
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your loyalty to our hotel! I am thrilled you enjoyed staying with us, especially our lobby, our price and our location. We look forward to have you again as our guest in the future! Hope to see you very soon.