“Always a pleasure at the Paramount”

Paramount Hotel Times Square New York
Ranked #376 of 467 Hotels in New York City
New York, New York, United States
“Always a pleasure at the Paramount”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

I've stayed at the paramount numerous times, and it continually gets better. Between the aesthetics, which are recently renovated, and the staff, especially Catherine who has helped me numerous times during my stay (I guess I'm high maintenance) The Paramount is definitely where you need to stay. It's close to Times Square, but not in the middle of it, so it's easy access to and from. Plus you have the nice pubs and bars on 8th and 9th avenue right outside of your door.
I would refer this place to anyone who is looking for a great hotel in or around Times Square, or NYC.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Dean W
Gary T, General Manager at Paramount Hotel Times Square New York, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Thank you for an excellent review of our hotel. My team and I are thrilled you enjoyed so many aspects of our hotel, especially our excellent staff, a team we are highly proud of. Catherine is one of our best Guest Service Agents we have.

Gary Tucker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (538)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

First trip to NYC and stayed with my wife for four nights last week. From check in to check out the service was great, the location fantastic, staff friendly and room ideal. Comfy bed, spotless in room in room facilities. Room size is fairly standard with enough room for two and plenty of stuff.

Huge lobby with free wifi (don't buy the in room service unless you really need to), relaxing bar with friendly staff.

Was able to access room on arrival as it was ready. Arranged return transfer to JFK for $72, slightly higher than the standard yellow cab rate, but guaranteed and private car. (More talkative driver too!!)

Didn't get the chance to eat there, but the food we saw passing by looked good. Coffee shop on site and thousands of restaurants within a stones throw.

Great access to the subway and Times Sq. When I can afford to return to NYC, I'd have no hesitation booking this hotel - or recommending it to anyone else.

Room Tip: Stayed on the top (18th) floor - hardly saw anyone.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Iancambs
Thank you for a good review! I am so happy that you, like so many other of our guests enjoy the service of my staff. I am so very proud of them. My team and I look forward to welcome you back very soon.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

As a first-time visitor to NYC I found this hotel to be surprisingly inexpensive and offered a much better quality of room than I expected for the price.
Location: excellent, right near Times Square and 42nd st subway station (the nexus for almost everything)
Service: Nerma Bicic looked after us very well, during our pre-checkin questions (allowed us to view a room) and at checkin. Very friendly and nothing seemed too much trouble.
Overall: a very classy experience, a good level of quality in the room (expected much less for the price) comfy restful bed. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Rob A
I am supper excited that you enjoyed all aspects of our hotel, our price, guest rooms, our comfy beds, our location, and our biggest asset, our team of staff. I will share your comments with my staff. On behalf of my team and myself, we look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

Very good location. Small room. Really small bath. Both renovated. Basic room amenities but NO fridge.
Reception nicely renovated with free wifi.
Drawback: After long travel, receptionist still made me wait for an hour to get my room at 3:00 sharp (although it was ready).
Good: Receptionist NERMA noticed I was tired and uncomfortable so she offered free wifi in room during my stay.
Drawback: Room service took forever to provide me with a fork. My food was getting cold, so I called and she said: "we're working on it!"
Drawback: Porter charges $2.00 fee for kept luggage after checkout.
Drawback: A bit pricey for the quality and service.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am sincerely sorry for the unfortunate issue you experienced with room service. This I have addressed based on your feedback.

Pittsford, New York, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

My family stayed here this past Saturday. It was my first Priceline purchase and it worked out very well. The location is between 7th and 8th avenue, right in the heart of the theater district. We needed just a place to crash after a wedding that we attended. I'll start with the bad. The other reviews hit the nail in the head. The room was extremely small. The bed took up about 80% of the room. That concludes the bad. Now the good. Very cool/trendy lobby. The service was outstanding. Carlos was especially nice and let us check out an hour later. The most important aspect of any stay is cleanliness and this hotel was very clean. The guys out front valeting were great and my car was brought maybe 5 minutes after I handed them my ticket. Very pleased with the experience especially for the price.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank Patrick C
On behalf of my team and myself, we are so pleased that you love our hotel and that your friends and family have enjoyed our staff’s service and the value of what our hotel offers. Thank your for recognizing Carlos outstanding servicer, I have shared your comments with him and he was thrilled by your recognition. We look forward to welcome your family and yourself to our hotel in the very near future.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed here over the weekend and would not recommend it to anyone. Terrible hotel experience & lack of customer service. The lobby looks very nice & modern but it ends there. Upon arrival I had checked in some bags as my room wasn't ready. Coming back from a long exhausting day the bellman was no where to be found. End up going to our room without the bags. The TV channels didn't work. It was very static and couldn't watch the channel we wanted. The window in the room was filthy! Dinner at the bar/ restaurant was a joke. We sat ourselves as the hostess was nowhere to be found. Had to ask the busser for the menu. Waiter was very short. Food was mediocre & very over priced. Would have been better off dining outside. The 7am wake up call was never delivered. The extended check out that was requested over the phone was never taken down. I specifically asked if the key will still work and was told yes. The key didn't work. If you are new to New York, their parking policy is really strict. If you park your car for 25 hrs or more you will be charged a 2nd day. We are new to the area and was not told this upon check in. If I had known this I would have moved my car. Oh 1 more important thing to remember, if you are parking your car at the hotel, make sure to note down your gas level when you check in. I specifically remember that there was over a half a tank of gas left the day I check in & the next day when I check out the tank was nearly empty. I know they park your car at a different location but it doesn't take half a tank to drive there and back. Very fishy! I don't recommend this place for families or business travelers. Even the wifi has a surcharge.

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank FancyHotels
Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. On behalf of the team and myself, we would like to sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences you faced while you stayed with us. I did inform all of our Department Heads and they were very disappointed as well. Thank you for submitting your feedback on TripAdvisor, as this is the only way we may improve our services in these areas. It is never our intention to disappoint our guest, and we sincerely regret that we have so thoroughly disappointed you.

Travelers are raving about these New York City hotels

San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

We needed a place to stay before joining our group at another hotel in Times Square so gave this place a try.
Price is cheaper than many for the location but you get what you pay for.
Whole hotel is VERY dark, from the lobby to hallways, etc.
Reception people friendly and helpful enough and we did like the security checking for keys when we got back late one night.
Rooms are very small and no coffee maker, etc. TV reception faded in out too much.
If you need a room to just sleep while out and about this place is ok.
Good location!
Stay up higher if you don't want the noise of NYC all night.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you kindly for taking the time to review our hotel. While we are delighted to see that you enjoyed some aspects of our hotel, we do offer many sizes of rooms that we would be happy to show you the next time you visit NYC. I do thank you for your feedback.