“Decent Hotel”

Paramount Hotel Times Square New York
Ranked #394 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Hotel was clean and we found it to be a decent stay. Our room was quiet and comfortable. Having to go to the lobby for free wifi was a little annoying, but we rolled with it. We got a free upgrade because of maintenance issues in the next room requiring room which worked out alright.

Reason for the average rating is simply based on location. I would not stay at Times Square if visiting New York again. way too busy. Stay away, but close to a subway station a few stops away and you will be much happier.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Seif58
Gary T, General Manager at Paramount Hotel Times Square New York, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Best regards,

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Common areas were so clean. The rooms were comfy and well maintained. I picked this to be near the theatre where we were seeing a show. Walking distance to everything in Times Square. The staff were all attentive and professional. Will definitely stay here again over the large chain hotels. We ate in The Paramount Grill for breakfast it was delicious,again very clean and everything was served hot!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your review of out hotel! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay, our team, our Paramount Grill and of course our location. We are glad you are now a loyal Paramount guest!

Best Regards,

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I frequently come to NYC for work and to visit family. At the last minute, this time I decided to get a hotel and booked the Paramount because it was located near where the rest of my party was staying and it was relatively inexpensive. (Book on your mobile phone and you'll get a discount). I travel regularly, and I thought this was a great hotel. Interior was unique. Lobby was large and comfortable. Staff was helpful. Location was awesome. Right around the corner from the heart of Times Square, but on a side street so the noise level was minimal. The entire room was very comfortable, the bed, the layout, the bathroom. Of course it was small, this is NYC, but compared to the sterile feeling of other chains I've stayed in, it was warm and welcoming. My only complaint is that the water pressure in the shower was very poor. But again, for the price, the location and the comfort, you can't beat it. I'd definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Gary T, Guest Relations Manager at Paramount Hotel Times Square New York, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Thank you for your 5 Star review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay, our team, and of course our location. We are glad you are now a loyal PARAMOUNT guest.

I hope to meet you in person on your next visit and let me know when you come in for a complementary upgrade.

Oscar Vela
ovela@paramount-nyc.com
Guest Experience Manager

Reviewed October 4, 2013

So I am not sure how helpful the overall review will be but maybe it some parts will be helpful. After being evacuated from my other hotel this was the only place that I could get a room for a night before my reservation at another hotel for the remainder of my stay. Had to wait over 30 min to check in...room was very nice but small and bathroom was tiny. seemed like a nice place to stay if you like smaller and older but nicely renovated boutique hotel. Good luck

Room Tip: if they have larger rooms book them
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank yorosey
Gary T, General Manager at Paramount Hotel Times Square New York, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2013

Thank you kindly for your review of the Paramount Hotel Time Square NYC. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, but do apologize if you found the rooms to be small. While we recognize that some of our rooms may be on the cozier side, we believe our fantastic location in the heart of Times Square more than makes up for it. We hope you will return soon to enjoy us again!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

My partner and I stayed at the Paramount in December 2012 for a 5 day trip to NYC just before xmas. Check in was easy and the staff were pleasant. When we stayed the reception area was being refurbished, and the temporary reception wasn't very 'plush' but we just walked past it each day so it didn't really matter. I believe it has been completed now so that isn't an issue for any upcoming travellers.
The room was relatively small but we were given one with two double beds so plenty of room for the two of us to spread out our suitcases etc. Also given the code for free wifi which was great. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean, not sure what more you can ask for if you plan to spend most of the day outside anyway. The bathroom was quite small but we managed ok, just take it in turns! The corridors were quite dark and oppressive but again we just walked through them and out so not a major problem.
The best thing about the hotel for us was the location, right on Times Square! We were best placed for visiting the main sights, skating at the Rockefeller, Empire State, Central Park, Broadway, so if that;s what you are after this hotel is excellent.
The staff were really helpful and the bar area was nice to sit and enjoy a cocktail.

A few recommendations:
Try to get a New York CityPass - an initial outlay but a great investment, we saved a fortune!
To capture the ideal skyline photo, go up the Rockefeller instead of the Empire State - when you are on top of the ESB you can't see it!
Go over the Brooklyn Bridge to Grimaldis - best pizza in NYC!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

My team and I are excited that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our team, as so many of our reviewers do, extremely friendly and hospitable. Our hotel has finished with the renovation and hope that you will come and visit us again to see the final product.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Spent 4 night here, This hotel was perfect placed for Time square
Reception area was large & modern but may benefit guests checkin in on the day to be a little lighter!
Checkin to our room, a perfectly acceptable room if you are built like a stick insect, called reception and they happy moved us to a larger room with a larger bed! - clean and what we expected!
Had a great stay - no problems

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

I appreciate your feedback with regards to our hotel. We do apologize if you found your first room to small, but we're delighted that the Front Desk agent was able to accommodate your request for a larger room.

We look forward to see you in the future if you do decide to come back to NYC.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I had a lackluster experience on a 3 night stay here. At check in, after a long train ride, I was helped by the front desk by a woman who was nice enough. However, there were 4 other employees surrounding her carrying on a very loud personal conversation which made it impossible for me to communicate with the woman checking me in-very unprofessional. My blow dryer was broken and I called down twice to get a replacement which was never brought up. The television audio silenced out about every other word. No room to work on a computer in the room other than in the bed--in fact, the room consisted of the bed and a tiny little pathway around it. Because I really couldn't work from there, I tried to check out a day early. Since I missed the 24 hour window before check in by about 5 hours, the manager would not offer any flexibility in the policy and said I would have to be charged for the full next night. I also noticed they don't ask about your stay when you check out (or try to check out early) because they really just don't care.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank emc20132013

On behalf of the Paramount Hotel Time Square team we would like to sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences you faced while you stayed with us. I did inform all of our Department Heads and they were very disappointed as well. Thank you for submitting your feedback on TripAdvisor, as this is the only way we may improve our services in these areas. It is never our intention to disappoint our guest, and we sincerely regret that we have so thoroughly disappointed you.