Paramount Hotel Times Square New York
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$149
  • Fitness center
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$177
$135
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$153
$134
  • Room Service
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
$305
$339
$314
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$183
$152
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
$236
$219
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$185
$150
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$354
$215
Official Site
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$100
  • Breakfast included
5,256 results
All reviewstimes squarerooms are smallthe theater districtfantastic locationcentral parknycbroadwaysubwayhipavenue
Reviewed July 31, 2013

The lobby was really nice and the rooms are average. However, what really turned me off about this hotel was the rude, unfriendly, and unhelpful staff. They're customer service was very poor and for that reason I would never stay there again.

Room Tip: The standard double rooms are extremely tiny.. I would only recommend them if you are travelling alone.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Natalie V, Social Media Ambassador at Paramount Hotel Times Square New York, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. Please allow me to sincerely apologize if you did not enjoy your stay. Guest comfort is a key concern of ours, and to hear that you did not receive quick and immediate attention is troubling to hear. Please be assured that we will discuss your concern with our staff so that issues such as these do not occur again. I do thank you for your feedback.It was a great pleasure welcoming you here and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I booked their “Exclusive Twitter Rate” as noted on their Twitter profile page. My room rate varied each night from $305.15 to $160.65. Average nightly rate was $264.25, including taxes.

As I was about to leave on my trip a couple of very negative reviews popped up on TripAdvisor. The kind of reviews that warn you to --- stay away.

The hotel was fine. The room was small but not too small. The closet/drawer space was minimal but was enough for me. There was a problem with the cooling in my room. I reported it and they sent up a guy to fix it. (Thank you!) Simple as that.

I like to stay within walking distance of the theaters that I visit and the Paramount’s location offered me that. There was a parking lot across the street from the hotel that I could walk through and reach 45th street in seconds.

I wouldn’t mind staying at the Paramount again.

Twitter @nycparamount

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank TravelingGuy
Natalie V, Social Media Ambassador at Paramount Hotel Times Square New York, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Thank you so much for your excellent review of the Paramount. We're delighted you took advantage of the Twitter rate, and that your stay was a success!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Great location but…don't get fooled by the great lobby. It is just a facade! The rooms don't look anything like the cool lobby. They are small, basic and the walls paper thin. It could be so much better!

Room Tip: Small rooms so make sure you upgrade.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank mmadvisory

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. Please allow me to sincerely apologize if you did not enjoy your room. Guest comfort is a key concern of ours, and to hear that you did not receive quick and immediate attention is troubling to hear, and we would be happy to show you other rooms in the future. I do thank you for your feedback.It was a great pleasure welcoming you here and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed staying here to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary. The rate was reasonable compared to other hotels in the Times Square area. Their rates do change, so keep checking for a lower rate if you are planning in advance.

The hotel was in a safe area. A doorman was always present to greet us. Yes, as other reviewers stated, the lobby is black and quite dark. We felt like it gave us a calm, peaceful feeling after being in the busy city.

The room was well laid out for the small space. The pictures on their website were a fair representation of the actual room. We did not feel crammed, but we also travelled light. We were able to unload our suitcases into the closet, which contained 2 drawers, so we weren't tripping over suitcases. I was amazed at how quiet the room was. In three nights, we were never disturbed by noise.

Because I noted our anniversary, they gave us a free room upgrade. :)

I reported a leaky faucet, and it was fixed while we were out the same day. I did not expect that but thought they should be aware of the problem. I give credit for their immediate attention to this.

The only bad thing I can report is that when I called with questions, whoever answered stated that there was no free internet in the lobby. That contradicted what I had read on Tripadvisor reviews, and it turned out that there was free internet in the lobby. This suited our purposes to review email each day to see if we had anything important to deal with. We could have paid $14.95/day for in-room internet.

If I were to return to NYC, I would definitely try to get a room here. I'm very price conscious, so I would try to book well in advance to secure a good rate.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JanetonLookout
Natalie V, General Manager at Paramount Hotel Times Square New York, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank you kindly for your review of the Paramount Hotel. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that our staff delivered the friendly and outstanding service that the Paramount Hotel is known for. I will share your comment with them, so that they are aware of your kind compliments. We look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel, cool lobby.
Word of warning, if you are a couple you'll need at least a Queen room. The standard double is tiny. But hey, this is New York!

Thankfully though the staff (Carlos at the front desk in particular) are top notch and I got bumped up to a King for a readonsble fee.
Room was fine, its an old hotel but the decor is cool.

I'd stay again and would recommend totally.
Great location. You can either come out and turn left into Times Square or out and right towards Hells Kitchen.
Plenty of diners and quieter restaurants within walking distance.

Thank you so much for your kind words about your stay at the Paramount Hotel, and for your compliments regarding Carlos! We are happy to pass them along, and we hope you will return soon!