“Number One Pick for NYC”

Paramount Hotel Times Square New York
Ranked #384 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Montauk, New York
“Number One Pick for NYC”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

This was my second stay at The Paramount. My girlfriend and I were blown away by the renovations; the lobby was especially amazing! The Front Desk staff was extremely helpful, as were the room service and bell staff. The room was great and the bed was amazingly comfortable. Our tv was not working when we arrived (possibly user error), but the issue was promptly attended to. We ordered room service and it arrived in a timely manner and the food was good (large portions, we were stuffed)! The room service attendant was informative and friendly. My only complaint is that housekeeping kept coming to the room in the morning before check-out time. Granted we did not have the DND sign on the door. Other than that, the stay was amazing. The Paramount is my number one pick for staying in the city and I'll definitely be back!

Room Tip: Booked the "Superior Queen." No real view and the bed takes up much of the space. But th...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Natalie V, Social Media Ambassador at Paramount Hotel Times Square New York, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you so much for your fantastic comments regarding your stay with us at the Paramount Hotel. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your visit, and I will be happy to share your comments with the staff!

Natalie Vachon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (568)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We booked a "Superior Queen" for my Now Wife to get ready the morning of our wedding. The night she checked in, the room was TINY! More like a "Broadway Room" then a Superior Queen. I had already explained the importance of the occasion by phone when booking as did she when she checked in. She went downstairs to complain but was told there were no other rooms available at all. The following night I arrived with her at 4am after our wedding, when I saw the room I was FURIOUS! I ran down stairs and of course then they gave us a larger room. But what good was that for the remaining 7 hours of our stay, they forced us to check out at Noon and would not give us a late check out on our Wedding Night. The worst experience EVER! I would never recommend the Paramount after the Horrible Service and Terrible Room they gave my Wife on her Wedding Day!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jackd312
Thank you kindly for taking the time to review our hotel. Please allow me to apologize for the poor experience you had while staying with us, as it was not our intention to cause you or your wife discomfort during your stay. While I am happy to see that you were upgraded to a larger room upon request, I will absolutely share this with our management staff to use as a training tool.

Travelers are raving about these New York City hotels

Mount Forest, Canada
Reviewed July 16, 2013

The room was smaller than what we expected just in looking at the pictures online. It was musty smelling. When I had a shower, the water would not drain out of the tub. The lamp in the room broke on the first night, it was replaced the next day without any trouble. We had continuous problems with the door lock, not accepting our room keys. Even the maintenance staff came and struggled for an hour and a half to fix it, and we were told that we should not have any further trouble. Then, when we got back at 1am...we could not get into our room. So we had to go to the front desk...we were given two new keys and the lady gave us two vouchers for breakfast buffet for our trouble, which was a nice and appreciated gesture. The replacement keys ended up working...but it was frustrating to have been told we would not have any trouble when we returned to the room and then we ended up not being able to use our keys, having to go back down to the lobby for new keys. I was pleased with the service overall to the issues we had, BUT would rather avoid these type of issues to begin with. So unfortunately we will NOT be staying at that hotel again and will NOT recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: avoid the broadway classic
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Natalie V, Social Media Ambassador at Paramount Hotel Times Square New York, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. Please allow me to sincerely apologize for the issues with the room keys provided to you during your stay. Guest comfort is a key concern of ours, and to hear that you did not receive quick and immediate attention is troubling to hear. Please be assured that we will discuss your concern with our staff so that issues such as these do not occur again. I do thank you for your feedback.It was a great pleasure welcoming you here and we look forward to your next visit!

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Don't get it - why do employees have to steal? This is the 4th top-tier hotel where a maid stole something valuable.

I always leave a 'Do Not Disturb', but they somehow manage to sneak in and steal.

Can't remember anything else except the rooms are too small.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Don F, General Manager at Paramount Hotel Times Square New York, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you had an issue with your stay, and we do not have any report that a camera was stolen recently. I assure you that the staff is trustworthy and always turns in lost items. Please feel free to contact the hotel to follow up with any questions.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I stay at this hotel every year for the last six years. I have a disability and go with a mobility scooter when I travel. The staff at this hotel have bent over backwards to make sure I am takin care of every time. Is there better values or nicer hotels in time square? Yes! But I found that none of them look after me like the paramount.

• Stayed March 2013
Don F, General Manager at Paramount Hotel Times Square New York, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you kindly for taking the time to review the Paramount Hotel. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that the staff continued to provide you with excellent service. We look forward to hosting you again soon!

Sacramento, California
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I last stayed at the Paramount about 6 years ago--before the remodel and found the rooms to be simplistic in both style and substance. This Time, I got a SuperiorQueen Room on the 14th floor that was very nice and comfortable. All staff members I met were very nice and efficient at their jobs. You know -Even though I saw their Vacuum in the Hallway--Never saw a Maid the whole time I was there--though room was always cleaned up within 1 hour of my leaving in the morning.

Many of the problems experienced by other reviewers on here were non-existent for me. Plumbing, AC, Room Size, storage were more than sufficient for my needs. Did not hear any noise late at night, even though I was not far from the elevators. (BTW-Elevators are SUPER Fast and Efficient).

My only complaint would have to be that the Doormen/Bellmen are not attentive enough to arriving guests. I am not sure if many tourists have neglected to TIp for Bell Services at the Hotel--so the staff have become complacent at helping guest unload cars or even helping them bring luggage into the lobby! I am a Smoker (The Hotel, like so Many Now, is Non-Smoking) and had the opportunity to witness the door staff on numerous occasions when I was getting that last Drag in!

The location is perfect for Theatre Geeks and only half a block from Times Square!!

I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Broadway Petite room are Super small with 1 Twin Bed. Upgrade to the Broadway Classic for a few Buc...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Scottsacto
Don F, General Manager at Paramount Hotel Times Square New York, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you kindly for taking the time to review the Paramount Hotel. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay, and I will share your compliments with the staff. We will also follow up on your feedback regarding our bell staff, and I thank you for bringing it to our attention!

London, Canada
Reviewed July 12, 2013

My cousin arranged two night booking at 'the Paramount' 8th Ave. N Y C. Arriving there~no confirmation of booking~ We were amazed ~ the consideration of the staff..especially "RYAN'~ He managed to find us a beautiful, clean, and great location room at a sister hotel. I would recommend The Paramount~ The Milford~ We will definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank helen c
Thank you kindly for taking the time to review the Paramount Hotel. I am happy to see that Ryan provided such excellent service to you, and will absolutely pass on your compliments. We hope to see you again soon!