“Camera stolen”

Paramount Hotel Times Square New York
Ranked #394 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Don't get it - why do employees have to steal? This is the 4th top-tier hotel where a maid stole something valuable.

I always leave a 'Do Not Disturb', but they somehow manage to sneak in and steal.

Can't remember anything else except the rooms are too small.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Don F, General Manager at Paramount Hotel Times Square New York, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you had an issue with your stay, and we do not have any report that a camera was stolen recently. I assure you that the staff is trustworthy and always turns in lost items. Please feel free to contact the hotel to follow up with any questions.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I stay at this hotel every year for the last six years. I have a disability and go with a mobility scooter when I travel. The staff at this hotel have bent over backwards to make sure I am takin care of every time. Is there better values or nicer hotels in time square? Yes! But I found that none of them look after me like the paramount.

• Stayed: March 2013
Don F, General Manager at Paramount Hotel Times Square New York, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Thank you kindly for taking the time to review the Paramount Hotel. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that the staff continued to provide you with excellent service. We look forward to hosting you again soon!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

I last stayed at the Paramount about 6 years ago--before the remodel and found the rooms to be simplistic in both style and substance. This Time, I got a SuperiorQueen Room on the 14th floor that was very nice and comfortable. All staff members I met were very nice and efficient at their jobs. You know -Even though I saw their Vacuum in the Hallway--Never saw a Maid the whole time I was there--though room was always cleaned up within 1 hour of my leaving in the morning.

Many of the problems experienced by other reviewers on here were non-existent for me. Plumbing, AC, Room Size, storage were more than sufficient for my needs. Did not hear any noise late at night, even though I was not far from the elevators. (BTW-Elevators are SUPER Fast and Efficient).

My only complaint would have to be that the Doormen/Bellmen are not attentive enough to arriving guests. I am not sure if many tourists have neglected to TIp for Bell Services at the Hotel--so the staff have become complacent at helping guest unload cars or even helping them bring luggage into the lobby! I am a Smoker (The Hotel, like so Many Now, is Non-Smoking) and had the opportunity to witness the door staff on numerous occasions when I was getting that last Drag in!

The location is perfect for Theatre Geeks and only half a block from Times Square!!

I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Broadway Petite room are Super small with 1 Twin Bed. Upgrade to the Broadway Classic for a few Buc...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Scottsacto
Don F, General Manager at Paramount Hotel Times Square New York, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Thank you kindly for taking the time to review the Paramount Hotel. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay, and I will share your compliments with the staff. We will also follow up on your feedback regarding our bell staff, and I thank you for bringing it to our attention!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

My cousin arranged two night booking at 'the Paramount' 8th Ave. N Y C. Arriving there~no confirmation of booking~ We were amazed ~ the consideration of the staff..especially "RYAN'~ He managed to find us a beautiful, clean, and great location room at a sister hotel. I would recommend The Paramount~ The Milford~ We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank helen c

Thank you kindly for taking the time to review the Paramount Hotel. I am happy to see that Ryan provided such excellent service to you, and will absolutely pass on your compliments. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

This was my first time in NYC and the location of this hotel was great. The lobby looked like a great and comfortable place to use the wifi and relax. All the hotel staff that were interacted with were very friendly and the best part was that we were able to leave our luggage with them after we checked out.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WheelsUp13
Don F, General Manager at Paramount Hotel Times Square New York, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Thank you so much for your great compliments for the Paramount Hotel. I am so delighted to see you had such a great stay during your first trip to New York City, and that our hotel played such a huge role! We hope you will be back soon.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I stayed at the hotel in September last year with my brother. It was my third time in the city but my brothers first and he wanted to go all out and so we booked this Times Square hotel. When we arrived my heart sank. It just didn't live up to expectation. The lobby was shabby and there was no bell boy to take our luggage to our room. The room was even worse, you couldn't swing a cat and we had a view of an apartment block which meant we couldn't have the blind up on humid September evenings. The shower was awful and we ended up breaking to tap trying to switch of from bath to shower. The restaurant was average and over priced. However the one upside of the hotel was the distance to Times Square. One block away and you are right in the centre of it all. If you are a first timer to the city and want a good location the hotel lives up to expectation but if you like to get what you pay for head out towards Lexington ave. much better value for money.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. Please allow me to sincerely apologize if you did not enjoy your time with us. Guest comfort is a key concern of ours, and to hear that you did not receive quick and immediate attention is troubling to hear. Please be assured that we will discuss your concern with our staff so that issues such as these do not occur again. I do thank you for your feedback.It was a great pleasure welcoming you here and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Our first time staying at this hotel. We had a fantastic time. Rooms were a little small but are beautiful and clean. Walk out the door and within a half a block you're in Times Square. My wife received chocolate covered strawberries in our room for her birthday....delicious! Will definitely stay here again! Thank you Paramount!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Antonio845

Thank you kindly for your review of the Paramount Hotel. I am delighted to see that both you and your wife enjoyed your stay during the special occasion! We hope to host you again the next time you are in New York City!