“great place”

Paramount Hotel Times Square New York
Ranked #401 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I stayed here about a year ago and was surprised at the bad ratings. The location can not be beat and we got a great price. The room was on the small side but likely typical for NYC. We did lots of exploring while here and it was a beyond wonderful experience for two teenagers. The area was safe enough that they could go out some on their own and they found a diner they went to every day for breakfast, watched Good Morning America live, and loved the sights and shopping of Times Square. The staff was helpful and professional. I thought the hallways were a bit dark but that was the biggest negative. This hotel contributed to an amazing NYC mini vacation.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Don F, General Manager at Paramount Hotel Times Square New York, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Thank you so much for your review of the Paramount Hotel, I am so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the staff provided you with excellent service. I will make sure to share your review with them!

Don Fraser

Write a ReviewReviews (4,919)

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I'm a frequent business traveler - I do not use to post my opinions - When a place is good , we use to keep the "clue" in our circle . We share good places between us ...
But this time , i HAVE to "post at loud" my last experience with the PARAMOUNT in Nyc
The Paramount is a very nice place to stay - family or business . All was perfect . And believe me , it's not that easy to give a AAA ! !
Thanks guys ! and keep your kindness !
The French Team ...

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Leo N
Don F, General Manager at Paramount Hotel Times Square New York, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Thank you kindly for your review of the Paramount Hotel. We are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that your visit was so memorable! We look forward to hosting you again soon!

Reviewed June 11, 2013

It seems like Aby Rosen has been fixing up this historic hotel and giving it some signature touches since he bought it a couple of years ago. Yes, the rooms are small by the standards of some other cities, but they're nothing unusual for New York. The lobby bar/restaurant is pretty cool, they have a zinc bar and friendly barkeeps. Your perception will probably depend on how much you're paying for the room, around $200 including taxes seems about right.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Thank you kindly for your review of the Paramount Hotel. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that our staff delivered the friendly and outstanding service that the Paramount Hotel is known for. I will share your comment with them, so that they are aware of your kind compliments. We look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Newly renovated so CHIC 2013 love the entrance very comfy i must say love the lighting it remind me of the NYC Upscale Night Life. Room was very Clean not so happy about the bathroom it can use an Update however the bed is comfy Quiets halls VERY CLEAN. ABOVE IT ALL From the begining the Customer Service was ONPOINT. i felt like they really appreciated my buisness exactly hwo someone wants to feel spending money. CriStar is truly a STAR shes so kind so helpful & well knowledgeable of the area & whats what. Wish they had a Loyalty program

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your wonderful mention of Crystar, our Guest Service Agent. We will pass on your fantastic feedback for her service as soon as possible, and we look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I went with my mom to New York for the 1st time. We checked in at 1am and it was in the middle of a heatwave, the air conditioner in our room wasnt working. The next morning, they upgraded us to a room with 2 beds instead of 1 and they also gave us free breakfast for every morning that we were there for. That was really enjoyable. The food was great and the environment was classy and nice. The hotel is in an amazing location which is right at Times Square. The rooms are small but they are very nice. I would definately go back to this hotel. The staff is very friendly and are constantly trying to please their customers.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you kindly for your review of the Paramount Hotel. I am sorry to hear of the issue with your Air Conditioning Unit, but I am delighted to hear that the staff went above and beyond to make sure the rest of your stay went so well! I will absolutely share your comment with them.

Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

The rudiest front desk staff I have ever encounter in all my years of traveling. Hotel policy will not allow you to do early check in. I am currently sitting in the lobby with 50 other people (have been for 5 hours). I prepaid for my room for a "discounted" rate and see they have availability for $100 cheaper a night. They will not make an adjustment or compensate. I've now been reading other reviews online and can only hope the room I do eventual get has room for me and my luggage and comes with hot water. Wish me luck!!! Also, I like how the restaurant has a "B" rating so they keep it hidden.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank ImdyGirl

Thank you for your review, and I am so sorry for the long wait to check in. We try to turnover as many rooms as possible so that guests can check in earlier, but we do understand if this is frustrating. We will absolutely try to work at a quicker pace to turn over rooms so that our guests can relax right when they check in, and we thank you for your understanding.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013
Don F, General Manager at Paramount Hotel Times Square New York, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Thank you kindly for your review of our hotel, and allow me to apologize if you cannot check in early. Please know that even if we have a high number of guests in our hotel, we work as quickly and efficiently as possible to have rooms ready for our guests. I am sorry there was a wait for you to check in, and we will try to rectify this with our staff for the future.