5,687 results
All reviews times square rooms are small the theater district fantastic location central park nyc broadway hip subway avenue
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Located right next to the largest broadway productions as well as Times square is this hotels selling point. You dont get free wifi but thats ok because even the wifi wouldnt fit in these tiny rooms. There is however i pad access next to reception. Our room was an upgrade so Im guessing the normal size room was reserved for snow whites dwarfs but then again this is the city that never sleeps so the idea is not to spend time in your room but to sleep there between adventures so the hotel is fine for that. Considering the prime location and alterations that were happening when I was there the room was surprisingly quiet and a good nights sleep was always on the cards.

Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Don F, General Manager at Paramount Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Thank you so much for your review on the Paramount Hotel. We always welcome guest feedback, and I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

This hotel is right off time square. I stayed one night in a room with a queen bed. The room was small but fine for one night. The bathroom was set up so that you could not sit on the toilet right because it is too close to the wall... odd but not a big issue. The lobby was full of people hanging out. There was an incense smell in the lobby that bothered me, but that was not an issue in my room.

At 7am in the morning the hotel alarms sounded. I jumped out of bed and got dressed. Then called down to be told they did not know why they were going off but that I could stay in my room... I quickly got myself together and checked out. The lady at the desk said when I come back they would make it up to me, but doubt I will be back. She handed me her tripadvisor card that basically said leave feedback.

Room tip: Upgrade to a larger room if you have the choice.
Date of stay: April 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. Please allow me to apologize for the fire alarms sounding off in the morning. We did have some construction issues, but the problems were fixed right away. I am so sorry if this impacted your stay, and we would be happy to make it up to you should you choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Saw an ad on groupon. Bought a 2 night stay that only cost me $260. For a king deluxe room. At the time they were re doing the lobby so it was freezing down there like a wind tunnel in January. The staff was very nice and accommodating. Especially helping us and another couple we reserved with get our rooms next to eachother. Great spot in Times Square near everything :-)

Date of stay: January 2013
1  Thank justss0meyecandy

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Paramount Hotel. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that the staff was attentive to your needs. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

The trip was actually 2012 Feb. Didn't give me that option.

Modern hotel in the very close to Broadway.

They had a promotion online where if I posted my booking on my facebook page, they would upgrade me. I stayed for two nights. The first night they didn't have room to upgrade me so I was stuck in a pod. A very little pod. Good thing I didn't have very big suitcases. It was sufficient for my needs. It was clean and all but watching TV on my bed, I was like 5 feet away from the TV! I didn't want to write a review at first, it probably wouldn't have been a very nice one. I was a bit peeved that they didn't automate the upgrades and that I was denied when I asked.

On the second day, I bugged them again and they finally upgraded me. The corner room was fantastic. Spacious. Clean. Put me in a much better mood.

It is in a great location. I walked nearly everywhere (granted I was a tourist and was only doing sightseeing things). I did use public transportation which the hotel was close to and it was restaurant week the time that I was there so I was able to find a couple of restaurants to try that were great.

There was only wifi in the lobby. I didn't even ask if I could buy wifi in the room. Don't know if that is the norm. 2 stays in NYC hotels and neither hotels had wifi.

Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Thank you kindly for taking the time to review our hotel. The hotel has vastly changed since you last stayed with us, and we now offer a new lobby, bar/restaurant, retail space, and coffee bar. We hope you will visit us again to take advantage of these great new offerings!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Thankfully the Marriott Times Square was booked and we found this hotel. Very modern hotel, rooms are smaller than normal but very clean, comfortable and chiq. You could not ask for a better location and with room prices half of the Marriott I would not hesitate in re-booking.
One tip: Put the do not disturb on your door or housekeeping will be knocking and trying to enter the room from 7am and every 15 mins thereafter! I think they are paid by the room...

Date of stay: April 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Don F, General Manager at Paramount Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Thank you kindly for your review of the Paramount Hotel. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that it was comfortable and chic. I do apologize if the housekeeping staff woke you up early, we will certainly bring up your comment with them. We look forward to hosting you again soon.