“Small but good location”

Paramount Hotel Times Square New York
Ranked #376 of 467 Hotels in New York City
FRHello
“Small but good location”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

This hotel is right off time square. I stayed one night in a room with a queen bed. The room was small but fine for one night. The bathroom was set up so that you could not sit on the toilet right because it is too close to the wall... odd but not a big issue. The lobby was full of people hanging out. There was an incense smell in the lobby that bothered me, but that was not an issue in my room.

At 7am in the morning the hotel alarms sounded. I jumped out of bed and got dressed. Then called down to be told they did not know why they were going off but that I could stay in my room... I quickly got myself together and checked out. The lady at the desk said when I come back they would make it up to me, but doubt I will be back. She handed me her tripadvisor card that basically said leave feedback.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a larger room if you have the choice.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Don F, General Manager at Paramount Hotel Times Square New York, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. Please allow me to apologize for the fire alarms sounding off in the morning. We did have some construction issues, but the problems were fixed right away. I am so sorry if this impacted your stay, and we would be happy to make it up to you should you choose to stay with us again.

Don Fraser

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (537)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Ronkonkoma, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Saw an ad on groupon. Bought a 2 night stay that only cost me $260. For a king deluxe room. At the time they were re doing the lobby so it was freezing down there like a wind tunnel in January. The staff was very nice and accommodating. Especially helping us and another couple we reserved with get our rooms next to eachother. Great spot in Times Square near everything :-)

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank justss0meyecandy
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Paramount Hotel. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that the staff was attentive to your needs. We hope to see you again soon.

Taipei, Taiwan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

The trip was actually 2012 Feb. Didn't give me that option.

Modern hotel in the very close to Broadway.

They had a promotion online where if I posted my booking on my facebook page, they would upgrade me. I stayed for two nights. The first night they didn't have room to upgrade me so I was stuck in a pod. A very little pod. Good thing I didn't have very big suitcases. It was sufficient for my needs. It was clean and all but watching TV on my bed, I was like 5 feet away from the TV! I didn't want to write a review at first, it probably wouldn't have been a very nice one. I was a bit peeved that they didn't automate the upgrades and that I was denied when I asked.

On the second day, I bugged them again and they finally upgraded me. The corner room was fantastic. Spacious. Clean. Put me in a much better mood.

It is in a great location. I walked nearly everywhere (granted I was a tourist and was only doing sightseeing things). I did use public transportation which the hotel was close to and it was restaurant week the time that I was there so I was able to find a couple of restaurants to try that were great.

There was only wifi in the lobby. I didn't even ask if I could buy wifi in the room. Don't know if that is the norm. 2 stays in NYC hotels and neither hotels had wifi.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you kindly for taking the time to review our hotel. The hotel has vastly changed since you last stayed with us, and we now offer a new lobby, bar/restaurant, retail space, and coffee bar. We hope you will visit us again to take advantage of these great new offerings!

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

Thankfully the Marriott Times Square was booked and we found this hotel. Very modern hotel, rooms are smaller than normal but very clean, comfortable and chiq. You could not ask for a better location and with room prices half of the Marriott I would not hesitate in re-booking.
One tip: Put the do not disturb on your door or housekeeping will be knocking and trying to enter the room from 7am and every 15 mins thereafter! I think they are paid by the room...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Don F, General Manager at Paramount Hotel Times Square New York, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you kindly for your review of the Paramount Hotel. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that it was comfortable and chic. I do apologize if the housekeeping staff woke you up early, we will certainly bring up your comment with them. We look forward to hosting you again soon.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed 2 nights at the end of March 2013. We arrived at the hotel around 9:30am, and we were able to check in early which was great! All the staff were very nice. The lobby was dark, with the look of a night club, but a lot of comfortable seating. There were always guests in the lobby area, day or night. From reading other reviews I was expecting a closet for a room, but I was pleasantly surprised. It was by no means large, but bigger than I expected. There was a double bed and a chair. It didn't feel crowded. The whole room, including the bathroom, were bright and clean. Bed was very comfortable. Water pressure in the shower was inadequate though. It took forever to rinse the shampoo out of my hair. I also read a lot of complains about the noise. We were on the 19th floor and the noise level was very low. Sure didn't keep us awake! The location was EXCELLENT! Just a very short walk to Time Square. We actually went to a Broadway play right across the street from the hotel. And I love the Cafe downstairs next to the lobby. Good coffee and other pastries, and decent prices. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Hershez
Thank you so much for your fantastic comments regarding your stay at the Paramount Hotel. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay, and that the bed was very comfortable. We always strive to make our guests feel at home, and I am satisfied that you experienced that for yourself.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

I traveled to NYC for business and what was supposed to be a renovated room at 250/night (without tax) at The Paramount hotel was less than sub par. The tap water was brown and cloudy, I asked to change rooms and the 2nd and 3rd rooms had tap water just as bad. I'm absolutely disgusted. I would not recommend staying here.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. Please allow me to sincerely apologize for the problems with the water in your room. Guest comfort is a key concern of ours, and to hear that you did not receive quick and immediate attention is troubling to hear. Please be assured that we will discuss your concern with our staff so that issues such as these do not occur again. I do thank you for your feedback.It was a great pleasure welcoming you here and we look forward to your next visit!

Travelers are raving about these New York City hotels

Westminster, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

My 7 year old daughter and I spent 2 nights at the Paramount Hotel (March 28-30, 2013) We were not able to check in early, but were able to leave our luggage while we explored NYC. The lobby and halls are a little dark, but our room was very clean and bright. My daughter is a heavy sleeper so the noise of the NYC streets were not a problem. Great location to everything we wanted to see. Nice little coffee shop off the lobby. They will also hold your bags after you check out for $2.00 a bag instead of gratuity. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ursulapp
Don F, General Manager at Paramount Hotel Times Square New York, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of the Paramount Hotel, and thank you for your excellent feedback regarding you and your daughter's stay. We are so pleased that you both enjoyed the Paramount Hotel!