“Excellent stay in the NYC theatre district”

Paramount Hotel Times Square New York
Ranked #388 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The Paramount is in the heart of the theatre district with short walks to area restaurants, the subway and the bus terminal. We were fortunate to receive an upgrade in our room (one night) to a suite with a large 'living room' area, and two bathrooms in addition to the bedroom. The rooms were very clean, confortable and quiet (for NYC). The employees at the front desk were very helpful, never waiting long for assistance.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Don F, General Manager at Paramount Hotel Times Square New York, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback on your stay at the Paramount Hotel. I am so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay, and that the room was comfortable and quiet. We look forward to your next stay with us!

There are newer reviews for Paramount Hotel Times Square New York

Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Hotel rooms a little small. Had a Classic Broadway on 19th floor. Meant for two but small, anyway good since you'll not spend much time inside. Hotel lobby/ reception area very nice and modern. Free wifi in this area. Restaurant little expensive. Plenty of options in the near area.
Hotel is perfect situated for anything you want to do or see in NY. Just 100m to Times Sq, and several Broadway shows.
Small but I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: March 2013
Don F, General Manager at Paramount Hotel Times Square New York, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Thank you kindly for your review of the Paramount Hotel. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that it was comfortable with a convenient location. We look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We loved our stay in New York. We were there with my sister and our parents, and i'm sure we're coming back! The rooms we're perfect size (we we're in 2 Double Beds -room). Breakfast was quite expensive, so we wen't to Fresh & Co nearby and ate there every morning for reasonable price. The lobby was awesome, and i loved the mood there. The staff was amazing, I felt myself very welcomed when we first arrived. I recommend this hotel for everyone!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review of the Paramount Hotel! It's so nice to see that you had such a great time with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We were checked in by Carlos who made us feel genuinely welcome. We had special circumstances when arriving, and our room was upgraded. This small gesture made by the hotel was a huge impact on our experience. We were astounded at the generosity a hotel would make to improve pur experience.

We have so thoroughly enjoyed our time lounging in the beautifully decorated reception and taking advantage of the free high speed WiFi with great music and amazing air freshner.

The room was cleaned impeccably every day. Returning from a long days sightseeing is such a luxury.

The location is second to none, unless you actually wanted to sleep in the middle of times square which would not be fun because as beautiful as it is, it is certainly loud and very bright, being a half street away softens the extremity of it.

I am still mid stay at the paramount. I had to write a review because my decision to stay here was based on reviews and I couldn't wait until I was home to help other people to encourage them to enhance their trip to New York and stay in the right place. The right place is the Paramount Hotel.

Regards
Kenneth Murphy.

• Stayed: March 2013
4  Thank kennethmurphy

Thank you so much for your review of the Paramount Hotel, and for pointing out Carlos' outstanding service. I will make sure to let him know of your compliment, and I thank you on his behalf.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Just returned from NYC where we stayed at the Paramount. Great hospitality from the moment we arrived! Received macarons and a personalized note letting us know Don was available if we needed him. The room was fabulous and the bed was so comfortable it was hard getting out of bed in the morning to go sightseeing. The location is the best! Close enough to Times Square to walk to but far enough that you don't hear any noise from the crowds. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to my friends and family! Thanks Don, we had a great week!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the end of the hall, they are a little bigger then the regular rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Maria C

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Paramount Hotel. I am so delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that the macarons were enjoyed. I am pleased to welcome you, and I hope you will return!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

The hotel has not computer rooms, very small rooms, bad customer sericen and employees with bad or nothing respect for customers. 26 dollar per minute to call from the room, no breakfast and so on. i do no think is a good option, the worst I have seen.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I want to apologize if you did not enjoy your stay with us, as we want each guest to have a wonderful experience while visiting the Paramount. We would love to host you again the next time you are in New York City. Please feel free to contact my team and let them know about your last experience so that we can make sure your next stay goes smoothly.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

This was our second time at the Paramount. First of all we were very positively surprised about the apperance of the newly renovated lobby. It was nice to see how they transformed the lobby into a very nice and comfortable space which we often used for lounging and sitting at the fireplace. The staff at the Paramount is very friendly, efficient, and helpful with any problem you may have. Our king sized room was pretty roomy for New York City standards. We had some issues with the heating system during our stay which the professional and helpful staff at Paramount took care of right away. I must admit that the main reason why we returned to the Paramount was because of its very close location to Times Square and the Theater District. Since I was so positively surprised about the changes made since my last visit, I will be returning to the Paramount again on my next trip to New York City to be able to marvel at the new coffee shop and the new Paramount boutique.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Les900

Thank you kindly for your awesome feedback for the Paramount! I'm so pleased that you had such a great stay, and that the location is such a plus for you when you visit New York City. We look forward to hosting you again.