5,520 results
All reviewstimes squarerooms are smallbigger roomthe theater districtfantastic locationcentral parknycbroadwaysubwayhipavenue
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We were checked in by Carlos who made us feel genuinely welcome. We had special circumstances when arriving, and our room was upgraded. This small gesture made by the hotel was a huge impact on our experience. We were astounded at the generosity a hotel would make to improve pur experience.

We have so thoroughly enjoyed our time lounging in the beautifully decorated reception and taking advantage of the free high speed WiFi with great music and amazing air freshner.

The room was cleaned impeccably every day. Returning from a long days sightseeing is such a luxury.

The location is second to none, unless you actually wanted to sleep in the middle of times square which would not be fun because as beautiful as it is, it is certainly loud and very bright, being a half street away softens the extremity of it.

I am still mid stay at the paramount. I had to write a review because my decision to stay here was based on reviews and I couldn't wait until I was home to help other people to encourage them to enhance their trip to New York and stay in the right place. The right place is the Paramount Hotel.

Regards
Kenneth Murphy.

• Stayed: March 2013
4  Thank kennethmurphy
Don F, General Manager at Paramount Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thank you so much for your review of the Paramount Hotel, and for pointing out Carlos' outstanding service. I will make sure to let him know of your compliment, and I thank you on his behalf.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Just returned from NYC where we stayed at the Paramount. Great hospitality from the moment we arrived! Received macarons and a personalized note letting us know Don was available if we needed him. The room was fabulous and the bed was so comfortable it was hard getting out of bed in the morning to go sightseeing. The location is the best! Close enough to Times Square to walk to but far enough that you don't hear any noise from the crowds. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to my friends and family! Thanks Don, we had a great week!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the end of the hall, they are a little bigger then the regular rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Maria C

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Paramount Hotel. I am so delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that the macarons were enjoyed. I am pleased to welcome you, and I hope you will return!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

The hotel has not computer rooms, very small rooms, bad customer sericen and employees with bad or nothing respect for customers. 26 dollar per minute to call from the room, no breakfast and so on. i do no think is a good option, the worst I have seen.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I want to apologize if you did not enjoy your stay with us, as we want each guest to have a wonderful experience while visiting the Paramount. We would love to host you again the next time you are in New York City. Please feel free to contact my team and let them know about your last experience so that we can make sure your next stay goes smoothly.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

This was our second time at the Paramount. First of all we were very positively surprised about the apperance of the newly renovated lobby. It was nice to see how they transformed the lobby into a very nice and comfortable space which we often used for lounging and sitting at the fireplace. The staff at the Paramount is very friendly, efficient, and helpful with any problem you may have. Our king sized room was pretty roomy for New York City standards. We had some issues with the heating system during our stay which the professional and helpful staff at Paramount took care of right away. I must admit that the main reason why we returned to the Paramount was because of its very close location to Times Square and the Theater District. Since I was so positively surprised about the changes made since my last visit, I will be returning to the Paramount again on my next trip to New York City to be able to marvel at the new coffee shop and the new Paramount boutique.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Les900

Thank you kindly for your awesome feedback for the Paramount! I'm so pleased that you had such a great stay, and that the location is such a plus for you when you visit New York City. We look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

We stayed at the paramount for a week pn the 8th Dec 2013. The hotel was undergoing renovations to it's main lobby which was a shame because the decor everywhere else was fantastic! So I would love to see it when it's lobby is done up. We originally booked a broadway classic but when we went to check in the receptionist took one look at us, seen we were there for a week and told us a standard room wouldn't be much good...we'll upgrade you for free to Superior Queen. When arriving at our room we understood why we were upgraded. The room wasn't that big and that's with the upgrade (To be honest we pretty much expected this anyway thanks to reviews on here). Didn't really use the restaurant as we were out and about all day/night. But again couldn't be faulted for it's modern decor.

All in all the hotel was good. 2 mins walk from times sq, all the theater round about us and the staff were some of the friendliest I've come across.

Room Tip: I would try and either get a free upgrade or pay for it when going for a week or more. Like the facebook page as they do competitions AND the daily photos they stick up get you excited leading up to your trip
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Don F, General Manager at Paramount Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Paramount Hotel on Trip Advisor, and I am so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. You will be happy to know that our lobby has been completely renovated along with many more amenities. We hope you will return to NYC and the Paramount Hotel soon!