5,521 results
All reviewstimes squarerooms are smallbigger roomthe theater districtfantastic locationcentral parknycbroadwaysubwayhipavenue
Reviewed March 31, 2013

The hotel has not computer rooms, very small rooms, bad customer sericen and employees with bad or nothing respect for customers. 26 dollar per minute to call from the room, no breakfast and so on. i do no think is a good option, the worst I have seen.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Don F, General Manager at Paramount Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I want to apologize if you did not enjoy your stay with us, as we want each guest to have a wonderful experience while visiting the Paramount. We would love to host you again the next time you are in New York City. Please feel free to contact my team and let them know about your last experience so that we can make sure your next stay goes smoothly.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

This was our second time at the Paramount. First of all we were very positively surprised about the apperance of the newly renovated lobby. It was nice to see how they transformed the lobby into a very nice and comfortable space which we often used for lounging and sitting at the fireplace. The staff at the Paramount is very friendly, efficient, and helpful with any problem you may have. Our king sized room was pretty roomy for New York City standards. We had some issues with the heating system during our stay which the professional and helpful staff at Paramount took care of right away. I must admit that the main reason why we returned to the Paramount was because of its very close location to Times Square and the Theater District. Since I was so positively surprised about the changes made since my last visit, I will be returning to the Paramount again on my next trip to New York City to be able to marvel at the new coffee shop and the new Paramount boutique.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Les900

Thank you kindly for your awesome feedback for the Paramount! I'm so pleased that you had such a great stay, and that the location is such a plus for you when you visit New York City. We look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

We stayed at the paramount for a week pn the 8th Dec 2013. The hotel was undergoing renovations to it's main lobby which was a shame because the decor everywhere else was fantastic! So I would love to see it when it's lobby is done up. We originally booked a broadway classic but when we went to check in the receptionist took one look at us, seen we were there for a week and told us a standard room wouldn't be much good...we'll upgrade you for free to Superior Queen. When arriving at our room we understood why we were upgraded. The room wasn't that big and that's with the upgrade (To be honest we pretty much expected this anyway thanks to reviews on here). Didn't really use the restaurant as we were out and about all day/night. But again couldn't be faulted for it's modern decor.

All in all the hotel was good. 2 mins walk from times sq, all the theater round about us and the staff were some of the friendliest I've come across.

Room Tip: I would try and either get a free upgrade or pay for it when going for a week or more. Like the facebook page as they do competitions AND the daily photos they stick up get you excited leading up to your trip
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Don F, General Manager at Paramount Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Paramount Hotel on Trip Advisor, and I am so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. You will be happy to know that our lobby has been completely renovated along with many more amenities. We hope you will return to NYC and the Paramount Hotel soon!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

On arrival, welcomed by friendly staff. Hotel is in a perfect location for walking to the main sights of New York. It is a stone's through from Times Square and all the shops and restaurants there. The rooms are small but very clean and comfortable. Had a problem with noisy pipes in our room and after reporting this to the staff we were promptly offered an upgraded room. Would definitely stay here again and recommend this hotel to friends. Very good value.

Room Tip: Broadway classic room is tiny! we understand space comes at a premium in New York but this was very small indeed and we would recommend booking a bigger room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dudroy
Don F, General Manager at Paramount Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Thank you kindly for your review of the Paramount Hotel. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that our staff delivered the friendly and outstanding service that the Paramount Hotel is known for. I will share your comment with them, so that they are aware of your kind compliments. We look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

For theater and dining, you cannot beat staying at the Paramount. Our family group of 13 walked everywhere, enjoying the sights and sounds of the city. The hotel staff was friendly and efficient. The rooms were clean, comfortable and quiet. The hotel lobby provided lots of room for gathering. The elevators were quick and smooth. The cafe, bar and restaurant offered convenient and tasty beverages and food. We took advantage of the special offerings on room rates and complimentary foods. We would return to the Paramount for sure.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family