“Perfect location” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
London
“Perfect location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

Whilst in the New York I never eat breakfast or meals in the hotel as I prefer the local deli or restaurants which are close at hand
Based on that the hotel gets my rating.....
Great rooms very very comfortable beds and perfectly clean
Location is central for everything and the staff are very helpful and friendly

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank reading2711
MarcSternagel, General Manager at Novotel New York Times Square, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Thanks for your wonderful review! We're pleased to read you enjoyed your stay, and found our central location ideal for your time in NYC.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (536)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sale, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

Stayed here for 5 days whilst in New York, its a very nice hotel and the rooms are large and comfortable. We thought the price for breakfast was very expensive so opted to eat out in the diners for breakfast which was fun. Great location with a rooftop balcony on which you can see the whole of Times Square.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MarcSternagel, Manager at Novotel New York Times Square, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I appreciate your compliments regarding our large comfortable guest rooms. I hope your travels bring you back our way again soon!
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

I stayed here last week and found the staff very attentive and the room was very clean and most important WARM as it was cold in New York!!

The location is a 2 mins from the subway and your right in the middle of things, feel very safe at night as so many people around and tons of cabs.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank LondonOolong
I appreciate your kind comments regarding our friendly team. I am pleased you enjoyed our location and nicely heated guest rooms. I hope to have the pleasure of serving you during your next trip to NYC.
Middlesex London UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

I have just returned from the Novotel Times Square and would like to thank Caroline for the free upgrade and wifi in the room and other bits and pieces during our stay. This was my 5th stay at this hotel and my first time back since all the work was finished in the hotel and love the new design of the hotel very upmaket. I look forward to coming back to the hotel very soon (i feel like a local now ha ha).
Thank you very much to all at the hotel and see you very soon I hope.
Regards
Jade Creighton

Room Tip: Ask for a higher level for your room looking out to Times Square
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. I love reading feedback from our loyal guests and am so pleased you enjoyed the complimentary upgrade. I look forward to sharing your compliments with the rest of our team. It would be our pleasure to serve you the next time you visit New York!
Browns Mills, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

We came across this Hotel by chance looking for the cheapest room for an overnight stay. I cannot say enough good things about it. Check in was streamline and friendly, front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating. Our room was beautiful, the fixtures were high end. The view from our room overlooked Time Square and was incredible. The breakfast buffet was a bit pricey, but very nice. Rooms were clean and quiets, we had a king size bed that was quite comfortable. The location was 3 blocks from time square in the center of the theater district. Every restaurant you could think of within walking distance. It was an awesome overnight experience. Things were expensive, but you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of time square.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am delighted that we met your expectations during your visit, and appreciate your comments about our accommodations and views. Times Square has so much to explore, we hope you return again soon!
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at Novotel for one night. The location is fantastic, close to anything and everything. It's easy to find, and parking was close (at only $30/day - a steal in the city).

We arrived early because we were going to see a matinee show and were able to check in (it was only about 1pm). We had booked a King room but were given a double, went back downstairs to reception and they fixed it right away. Not sure if it was an honest mix-up or if they were just hoping we wouldn't complain, as the girl at the front desk didn't really apologize, but we were still able to get into the new (and correct) room right away.

The room was clean and I liked the set-up... trendy but not overly so, and very functional. The rainfall shower was awesome and the bed SUPER comfy. We appreciated that the windows open, because for some reason the thermostat wouldn't go below 68F, just a bit too warm for sleeping. The only other annoyance we had was housekeeping knocking on our door in the morning (really a pet peeve of mine, but I think housekeeping should be aware to not go to rooms that guests will be checking out of that day until they're gone). The guys working the little baggage holding area were eager to help and lovely to everyone, even when they were crazy busy as we were getting there to check-in.

The entrance/baggage holding area and lobby/bar areas are SUPER trendy but still functional. I read a couple of reviews that complained reception was hard to find, which makes me wonder what's wrong with people as it's really simple to navigate. One elevator takes you from the entrance to the lobby floor, then there's a set of elevators to guest floors just past reception.
Overall, I'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Save the money by not booking a "Times Square View" and have a view of the Hudson instead...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your thorough review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay at Novotel New York Times Square. I certainly appreciate all of your feedback and hope your travels bring you back our way again soon!
Perth WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

My hubby and I stayed here in August 2013 while the renovations where happening. It didn't affect the overall running of the hotel too dramatically except the elevators where a little temperamental.
Hotel staff were pleasant and didn't encounter any major issues with them
Was a shame there was no room service available especially when you are all set in for the night and would love a snack and I also found the bathroom to be quite squishy but was happy with the size of the room
The little shop underneath the hotel was amazing, had everything we needed and great prices. We would normally there every morning for our fresh yogurt and fruit breakfast
I found the hotel a little pricey but when you take into account the location it is well worth it, walking distance to everything (restaurants, train stations, broadway, time square)
Would recommend this hotel to anyone and am hoping to get back there again soon

Room Tip: If you are like me and never been to NY request a room with a view
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hartz86
MarcSternagel, Manager at Novotel New York Times Square, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. I am pleased to report our renovations are complete and we hope you return to enjoy our updates. On behalf of our entire team, we look forward to your next visit.