“Our home for the Superbowl!”

Novotel New York Times Square
Ranked #137 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Issaquah, Washington
“Our home for the Superbowl!”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We've stayed at other Times Square hotels but will be returning to the Novotel! The hotel has a great view of Times Square, comfortable rooms, and a friendly, helpful staff that made us feel like their personal guests! The hotel and room had modern décor.
Our second morning there, we had breakfast in the restaurant. The food was great and the wait-staff were very accommodating to me when I stayed for a couple of extra hours to work. They kept my water glass full and my coffee hot long after I was done eating. I finally left when I realized I was in their way though they were happy to work around me.
That night, we were enjoying ourselves at the bar when we met Gilles, the GM for the hotel. What a great host! My husband and I felt like we were his personal guests. He and his bar staff ensured we were well taken care of!
The most important thing to me is having a comfortable bed. We have stayed at other hotels where the beds were so hard that I couldn't sleep. The bed here was comfortable, with fluffy pillows and duvet...I had no trouble sleeping. The towels were soft, and overall it was a clean, comfortable, stylish room.
We'll definitely visit again on all of our future NYC trips.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ShelbyCobraSS
MarcSternagel, Manager at Novotel New York Times Square, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Thank you so much for your fantastic review. I look forward to sharing you compliments regarding our service with the rest of the team. I am so pleased you enjoyed a comfortable stay at Novotel New York Times Square. See you the next time you visit New York City!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (587)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
toronto
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Stayed at this hotel a couple of days prior to Super Bowl. Hotel is in a perfect location, just far enough away from the hustle of Times Square but close enough to see. Perfect place to explore other areas of the city. Doorman always there to get you a cab if needed. All the staff we encountered were very friendly. Love all the modern amenities in the lobby and room. Quite roomy for New York City. We had the pleasure of meeting the manager and family. He takes great pride in his hotel and it shows. We will definitely be back and will recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in the city.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing to stay at Novotel New York Times Square. Most importantly, thank you so much for your comments about our service. It was our pleasure to serve you and we hope you will stay in touch with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Yorkshire
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We stayed at this hotel on the recommendation of friends. It is a perfect location within walking distance of most attractions and a short walk to the metro to visit Ground Zero and Wall Street.
The hotel has recently been renovated and has a modern , pleasant lobby and restaurant. We found the staff very friendly and helpful. It was freezing in New York and they gave us a room early. The room was a bit dark until we figured out the lighting system. It was a good size,clean and quiet with a fantastic view of Times Square. It had a large, comfy bed, fridge, safe, flat screen TV and a large bathroom with a good shower. I was not so keen on the dark furniture and dark grey sink. It would have been nice to have had tea and coffee in the room. Free wifi is only available in the lobby. It was well priced for New York and we would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing Times Square.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cruisetraveler15
Thank you for mentioning you would stay with us again and for providing a review. I am pleased to see our location suited you. Most importantly, I appreciate your kind comments regarding our team. I look forward to sharing your compliments with the rest of our staff.
Tadcaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 9, 2014

New York, New York.... nowhere like it and if its your first time on Manhattan Island and you want to get right under the skin of the amazing city quickly but also want a retreat above the noise and mayhem that goes on below 24/7 then the Novotel in the Time Square district is a perfect location. Recently having undergone a programme of investment the Novotel stands well and truly above the brand in other European countries. Its five star. Though you wont get some of the services you might find up the street in the Waldorf but then what do you want? a spa treatment? then go to a spa! This hotel is about getting to know the city and rolls out before you as you descend down several levels via elevator from the lobby on to the street. Your right in the middle of theatre land, a few blocks from Central Park, some of the best shopping in the world and short subway journey to the funky and bohemian SoHo, Tribeca and the lower east side. Don't be offended by the apparent curt manner of the staff. Its New York, what you see is what you get, its big, its brassy and its blousy. I have been staying at this establishment for close on 15 years. I have stayed in the Sheraton, the Hilton and the St Regis too but for sheer convenience its the Novotel every time.

Room Tip: The higher you are the further away you are from noise... not that its a noisy hotel as the lobby is...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Russell D
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I am pleased to read you found our accommodations comfortable and perfect for what you were looking for in NYC.
Cannock, Staffs, UK
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I've just returned from a rather chilly break in New York where I celebrated my 30th birthday and I wanted to post this review as in all honesty I couldn't fault much. The hotel is located in a perfect position for most of the main attractions, I must of walked a good 15 miles or so over the 4 day break in order to explore all that New York has to offer.

The recent renovation in my opinion is modern but tasteful, all public areas were clean and the bedroom itself was spacious enough for the two of us, the TV was huge and whilst on some occasions several channels did not produce a sound, for us we weren't in New York to stop in and watch TV anyway! I can't comment on the toiletries as we took our own but the shower worked fine and there was always hot water, I would have liked a bath also to ease the aches and pains in the evening from all the walking but wouldn't mark the hotel down for the lack of such as it appears other rooms offer this. The safe and mini fridge were a welcome bonus and free of charge, the hairdryer was fine too and was powerful enough once you grasped the settings (switch up for low, switch down for high). We were situated on the 20th floor and had a fantastic view of Times Square, despite being in the "thick of it", noise was not an issue and I slept comfortably all 3 nights with no disturbances from other guests or outside.

I didn't dine/ drink at the hotel so again can't comment on service, quality or price but I did see someone order food and it was brought out promptly and smelled delicious!

If or should that be when I got to New York again I will most definitely be staying at this hotel as it was great value for money, centrally located and exceeded my expectations.

Feel free to message me for more information concerning the hotel or indeed New York itself if you are are first time travellers and I will do my best to help.

Kerry

Room Tip: eMail the hotel in advance if you have a preference for a higher floor, their email address can be f...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Kerry P
Happy birthday! I am so thankful we had the opportunity to celebrate with you! Thank you so much for your endorsement and thorough review. I am pleased our location, accommodations, and service suited you. We hope to become a birthday tradition and welcome you back again next year!
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Just stayed at this hotel and 100% agree with tripadvisor review. Room was lovely large and recently renovated to a high standard and although we overlooked Times Square area we heard no traffic noise. Superb hotel, close to everything even tube links.

Room Tip: Very comfy beds
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Dawnbaileygrace
Thank you for your compliments regarding our location. I appreciate your input and hope your travels bring you back our way again soon.
Meridian, Idaho
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Heard this hotel had a great view from the lounge of Time Square. Went into the lobby and was directed to the lounge, while there we saw some fellow fans and started talking about the hotel and service, they went on and on. We were all approached by the GM, he talked with them for a bit and introduced himself, Gilles was his name what a very nice and professional man. He asked my wife and I how our stay was going. We said unfortuantely we are not staying here he commented we need to change that. We said had not heard of this place until we got here, and already had a room. After some discussion and seeing how they treated their patrons. We talked with Gilles and made arragnements to stay. When we return to New York I will be staying at this Hotel. The employees are what drew us in, the accomodations was a bonus.

Room Tip: Great view from higher floors of Time Square
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brett F
Thank you for your kind endorsement. I am thrilled that you enjoyed our views of Times Square, and am so pleased you had the opportunity to stay with us. Your comments are sincerely appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.