“Location, location, location!!!”

New York Marriott Marquis
Ranked #171 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 2, 2014

If you are a Broadway Show lover, there is no better place to stay in New York City! This beautiful hotel is within walking distance to all Broadway Theaters. The lobby and restaurants are not on street level which is great because you really feel that you have escaped the hustle and bustle of the busy streets. The rooms are always fresh and clean. The food at all of the restaurants is great. You are also within walking distance to Rockefeller Center, Radio City Music Hall and 5th Avenue shopping. I have stayed here many times and plan to again!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Overall I had a good stay here. My only negative comment is the late night construction. One night there was a jack hammer session going on until at least 3am. The next day I went to talk to the manager. Ms Kizuwanda was pleasant, and totally understanding. She apologized for my lack of sleep and moved me from the 20th floor (no view) to the 41st floor a nice room with a view, she sent someone to move my belongings to my new room, and to top it off, she sent me a bottle of champagne (to help me catch up on the sleep that I missed) wink, wink! After that? Everything thing else was what I expect from a Marriott. The beds were comfy, plenty of space. The bathroom was pretty large as well. Room service was good. They give large portions, so be careful not to over order. The salads are HUGE!! The pizza wasn't good at all. The bar and lounge area is cool. Drinks are good. They do close at midnight but it was during the week. Insider Tip? If they are still doing construction, you must have a room above the 30th floor and be sure you are not on the side where they are doing construction.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank klewis0906
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Just stayed here for three nights to celebrate my niece's Sweet Sixteenth Birthday. We had a corner room that was so spacious it was hard to believe we were in the city! We were on the 16th floor and had a great view of Times Square. The bed and pull out couch were both comfortable and the shower was great.
The construction was a bit annoying but it was everywhere in the city and I think it's supposed to be done by the fall. The thing that really put the Marriott Marquis at a five star level for me was their customer service. Everyone was very helpful and friendly. Our first night there, Paul from car service who met us when we arrived sent up a table full of drinks, ice, a fruit bowl, a small chocolate cake and a box of premium truffles for my niece. Anything we asked for from housekeeping was delivered immediately and the concierge made several very good suggestions during our stay.
Overall a great place to stay if you want to be in the heart of Times Square!

Room Tip: The higher up you are, the less construction you'll hear. Corner suite was very roomy!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank mishel635
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I love this location. There is a sentimental part of me knowing that a friend built this hotel. But that is not why I come back.

Can you find a better value for your hotel stay in New York? Absolutely. Stay further north near Central Park. Overpriced food? Yes. But if you want the quintessential experience of seeing New York when it isn't busy (late Christmas Eve to Christmas morning) then this is the place to see Times Square in the comfort of your room.

If I were going to stay for New Year's Eve but didn't want to be in the crowd, this is the place I would stay.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of Times Square.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank WildmanWong
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Pretty sad that the streets and exterior of the hotel was under construction. You couldn't see the hotel. The location is perfect because it is in Times Square. Scaffolding everywhere around the building was such a drag.
However the room was excellent and the staff was very friendly. The room was very clean and spacious. It is a very nice comfortable room. We ate in the café on the property and it was wonderful. Broadway is right there and cabs are everywhere and the enclosed entrance makes it nice to get a cab right away.
Had it not been for the construction - that I thought ruined the ambiance of Time Square and the hotel - I would have rated it higher.

Room Tip: I believe we were on the 29th floor and you could hear street noise. However, you are in New York C...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Bertibby
Ashley R, Manager at New York Marriott Marquis, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Thank you for your review and for staying with us at the New York Marriott Marquis. We appreciate your patience with us while the front of our hotel undergoes a renovation. We are looking forward to a new, modern Marriott Marquis to debut to our guests soon! Thank you for choosing our hotel and we look forward to hosting you again soon!

Reviewed June 30, 2014

This is a huge hotel located at the heart of Times Square. Most Broadway shows are within easy walking distance of the hotel. The rooms are clean and decently sized, but completely devoid of charm. There is a convenient little shop to pick up snacks and beverages. The bell staff were friendly and accommodating when we stored our bags before and after check out. It was great to be able to enjoy the view of Times Square from the comfort of the room.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a room with a Times Square view!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 30, 2014

The location is excellent and you will save money as you won't need taxi cabs for attending shows. The property has nice large rooms and I recommend you request a south view from the 28th floor. When staying on the 28th, the elevator will only stop, the great majority of the time, at floors 8 (Lobby) or 1. Hotel can be expensive and I usually use Marriott points when staying there. However, you can find reasonable rates during the winter, if you care to take the chance of cold weather.

Room Tip: See above....request floor 28 with a view to the south.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo