“Location, Location, Location”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Toronto, Canada
“Location, Location, Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

My husband had a weekend conference in NYC and we decided to take the kids but since we are suburbanites, and unused to being without our cars, the deciding factor for our trip was the location that we would stay at. It had to be within reasonable distance of an airport, close to the subways and as close as possible to Times Square. Marriott Marquis Times Square hit all of those notes perfectly.
You can't get any closer to Times Square. It is smack dab in the middle of it!
The hotel itself is nothing to write home about. The room that we stayed in faced the other way , so we got a view of Broadway. It was another $100 or so per night for the Times Square facing room. It was quite high up so noise really wasn't an issue. The decor is dated but not shabby at all. The bathroom was quite dated as well but again, it served its purpose.
We didn't use any of the restaurants on site and like pretty much all hotels in Manhattan, there was no pool.
It is an amazing location but certainly not a luxury hotel. If you are coming to NYC for pampering, then don't stay here but if you are coming here to see the sights and broadway, you can't get a better location.
Oh and wifi is only free in the lobby.

Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Sjrizvi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,297)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Maastricht, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

I stayed in this hotel twice in February. Twice the person who checked me in (one was named Victor, the other guy's name I don't remember) didn't display any hospitable service. Victor was incredibly rude. You can't tell a guest that he or she should behave even if you don't like the guest. On the other hand, all the ladies that helped me during my stay were extremely nice! We got upgraded both times to a room with a view over Times Square which was great! No hotel can beat this location...Decent size rooms, good beds and very good curtains (with all the lights on Times Square an abolute necessity). The only negative side about the room was the noisy bathroom. You could hear the guests of another floor talking when you were in the bathroom. The prices in this hotel for Food & Beverage were extremely high so we didn't use those facilities. Too bad this hotel doesn't have a pool!
I would never pay the original price for the hotel but for my discounted rate is was good value for money. Please just make sure your male receptionists know how to deal with guests!

Room Tip: A room with a view over Times Square is great!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank holland_909
David S, Guest Relations Manager at New York Marriott Marquis, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure that all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. Your review will help us make the necessary improvements. If you would like to further discuss this matter, feel free to give us a call. Thank you and we hope to see you back in the near future.
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

I attended the 2014 HSMAI Adrian Awards and stayed at this host hotel for an extended weekend visit to New York. I only had room service once, and considering it was Friday and they nearly 2,000 rooms, my order was delivered in 30 minutes, which pleased me.

Our bed was super comfy, and we had a great view of Times Square. Being centrally located made our daily expeditions around the city easy. I also got to spend time each day in the hotel's great exercise facility that is stocked with eliptical machines, treadmills, and dozens of weight machines and free weights. I loved that and usually don't visit these types of facilities when I stay at hotels. This one was fantastic and gave me a new perspective on this aspect of business travel.

The staff was super nice and professional in every way, from the front desk to room service to housekeeping. The entire visit was really great. And the rates were super competitive too, so that was nice for a visit to NYC where the room rates are often off the charts.

One of the craziest aspects of this hotel is the huge bank of elevators. The hotel is at least 40 stories tall (maybe taller), and the elevators are so fast it's really pretty amazing. They're clear so you get a great view of the interior of the hotel as you rocket up to your floor. They were fun!

I had a great five-day visit, and I'll definitely but the New York Marriott Marquis on my list of hotels to consider when planning my next visit. No complaints at all - only good memories!

Room Tip: Make sure you visit the exercise facility if you are into fitness. It's loaded with great machin...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank L3Nola
NYC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at this hotel several times and I think for a NY hotel it's pretty good. Rooms are a decent size and I've been lucky enough to always get a nice view. The elevators are cool. In the early morning and late evening they come quickly but during the day it seemed like a long wait. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location is good, walk out and you are in the center if Times Square.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

This hotel has the perfect location, to be honest. It is located in the centre of Manhattan, this is Times Square. You have everything close to you.
What respects to bedrooms, they're well equipped but maybe a mini-bar fridge would be awesome. I would also consider rooms to be diaphanous. As they have a couch apart from beds for you to rest and relax.
Breakfast is REALLY good. You can have from pastries to bacon and scrambled eggs. You can also order to the chef at the bar an specific omelette.
Employees are very helpful.

Room Tip: I was accommodated in room 3609, this room has its window to times square, therefore views were awes...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank jorviz
Thank you for your great comments! Hope to see you back soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

I stayed there three nights for the a conference. The conference room rate made this a real bargain, so I can't really speak to the normal value. I was there several days and didn't have a chance to leave the property except for the first night when I went to eat a sandwich at the Stage Deli, so I can attest that everything you need is in the hotel. The only services I used were checking in and out which went quickly and smoothly.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope we see you back in the near future.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

I had an fantastic time at this hotel, the front desk staff was very helpful ,our room was extremely clean and great location, I would definitely recommend this hotel and my husband and I will be traveling to Miami next week and we already have a reservation for when we come back

we want to thanks all the staff for an amazing stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments in regards to the front desk staff. I will be sure to share your comments with them. See you soon!