We went to the Marriott Marquis in February for a long weekend. It was our second time staying there in the past 2 years. The first time we were there was with our 3 year old, and this time we brought our 18 month old as well. We chose the Marriott mainly because of the location, and also for the "fun" of the glass elevators for the kids. You can't beat the location if you want to be in Times Square. It's very close to Toys R Us, Disney Store, Sanrio (Hello Kitty), Hershey Store and M&M.
We are a Marriott Rewards member and were very pleasantly surprised when we asked for an upgrade to a Times Square view at check in, and our request was fulfilled. We like the rooms, you can't hear anyone in the ajoining rooms. We got a portacrib for the baby, and it looked new. All linens were nice a clean.
Last year we had the breakfast buffet included with our room, and we loved it. This year it was not included with our room so we did not go, as it is a bit expensive unless you are going to really stuff yourself. We went down to Starbucks every day and for $20 we had breakfast for all of us (coffee, milk, juice, bagel/pasty and fruit) which I find very convenient and inexpensive - we brought it back to the room every morning.
We ate "dinner" one night in the lounge area and did not care for the food at all. Would probably not go back there again.
We didn't use any of the other amenities in the hotel. We plan to return to NY again for a long weekend in a year or so, and will go back to the Marriott. If you go on their website you can see the calendar of rates to choose dates which work with your budget. Love that feature!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience New York Marriott Marquis, a perfect Times Square hotel in New York City. We offer exceptional spaces for business & leisure travel in our world-class NYC hotel located in the heart of Times Square, steps from Broadway theaters. Our hotel offers newly renovated hotel rooms, event venues and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your New York Marriott Marquis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New York Marriott Marquis Hotel New York City
- Marriott New York City
- Marriott Marquis New York
- Marriott Hotel New York
- New York City Marriott
- Marriott Times Square
- Marriott Marquis Times Square
- Marriot Marquis