New York Marriott Marquis
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$195
$172
  • Fitness center
The Bentley Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$202
  • Room Service
InterContinental New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$336
$281
InterContinental
  • Room Service
Parker New York(New York City)
$415
$403
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Royalton Park Avenue(New York City)
$295
$234
Official Site
  • Pool
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$134
$689
$617
TrumpHotels.com
  • Pool
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
$265
$239
  • Room Service
Millennium Hilton New York Downtown(New York City)(Great Value!)
$228
$197
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$168
$140
Park Central
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
11,716 results
All reviewsrevolving restauranttimes squareview restaurantthe concierge loungenew yorkfloor numberhuge hotelperfect locationbusy hotelfitness centerbroadway showcan't beat the locationthe theater districtsofa bedrooms are largehigh floorhudson river
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights after spending other nights with family and i loved my stay, After reading some other reviews, Yes the concierge is located on Level 8 but so what,I didn't have to go there everyday, The beds are so comfortable, We got a room with a view of times square but for what you pay and what you see of times sq its just not worth it, Overall lovely air conditioned room and enjoyed the time i was there even tho i spent a lot of the time sight seeing than been inn the room.

Would have given this 5/5 but they price for but put it down and the view of times square could have been better.

Room Tip: Rooms are all very quite, If going for Times sq view ensure that your getting a very good view, Not just any side street distance view that i got.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

We really like staying here. It's a large attractive hotel and very convenient to the theaters and restaurant row. A little pricy overall but it is In the heart of NYC.
Food and drinks are typically priced for New York lounges and bars.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Recently stayed at this location for a week. Every Marriott Marquis property I have stayed at has been a wonderful experience, until now. Every person at the front desk that I dealt with during my stay were beyond rude, worst customer service of any hotel I have every stayed at. The only kind employees I interacted with was the security desk as you board the elevators. In my room, the electrical outlets did not work, no hot water, and the remote barely functioned. Had to have a technician up to the room to work on cooling the room down. The rooms were clean, but nothing special. The hotel is too large, making it a trek to get anywhere. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 1, 2013

This is a typical Marriott property. The rooms are clean and tastefully decorated. As always, the mattresses are top quality and provide you with a decent night's sleep. If you want to stay right in the middle of the hustle and bustle of Times Square, then this hotel is a perfect choice. A plus is the hotel gym which is open 24 hours a day. I can't give it 5 stars due to the fact that like all hotels in NYC, the room rates are steep.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I was going to NY for a honeymoon and I decided to pick the hotel with the best location in Times Square. This proved to be a really bad move.

First impressions of Marriot Marquis Times Square NY.
- No feel of warmth or customer service
- Concerge / Check - In was positioned in 8th Floor, which is very confusing for tourists
- Lift service is cluttered and does not work properly (there are no buttons inside the car)
- Old building, old rooms

Bad things:
- Upon check-in, we were informed that there were no more king size beds available and that we had to get a room with a double bed. This was an utter lie from the check-in staff. I had informed them we were staying there for 11 nights on honeymoon and they said the only rooms with king sized beds were available near the lift (which was apparently was a really small room). I argued with the staff again and somehow, a room with a king sized bed was magically appeared and was available, away from the lifts.

- The rooms looked very old and were slightly dirty. The carpets were not vacuumed and traces of dirt was visible. Due to roadworks (at night) occuring downstairs, the noise was very loud at night and sleep quality was not that great. Given that we paid over $500 USD a night, we would expect a lot more from this hotel. Far overpriced.

- We caught a taxi downstairs with assistance from hotel staff. When we hopped inside the taxi, the bell-boy refused to close the door for us, because we did not tip him. We told him we had no change because we just arrived and still, he was holding out the door, waiting for a tip. We then had to give him a large note as a tip, and was filthy about this for the entire trip. We never caught a cab through the hotel again.

- Hotel staff tend to not care about the tourists staying in their hotel. No effort from anyone. They only care for people who attend conferences in the lower levels or even the theatre. I felt like I was living in an apartment or flat because there was no interaction from hotel staff.

- The lift service is shocking and out dated. Buttons are positioned outside at the entrance and people would need to key in the floors and the lift car would be allocated. However when there are 20 people pressing the buttons at the same time, it would be allocated to the same lift car. Therefore this lift system does not work! The amount of times when the lifts were full and I had to wait and re-enter my floor is atrocious. Each lift car should have its own buttons and people should not have to go to a central location to get one car allocated to go up to a particular floor.

Pros:
- Location would be the best if you want to stay at Times Square. Thats about it. DONT STAY HERE!!

I am very dissapointed with my hotel experience at Marriot Marquis Times Square and will never stay here again, or any other Marriot hotels. Disgusted with the level of customer service and the price I had to pay for a room.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel! There are much better ones in the area that are cheaper too! This hotel is ranked lower for a reason.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank We_built_this_City