I recommend the Murray Hill Suites as a clean, friendly hotel with no frills. The location is very convenient--3 blocks from Grand Central Station-walking distance to 5th Ave and 34th street shopping and the Empire State Building, with Times Square a little bit further away but walkable. The staff-the front desk-Bellmen and maids were freindly and accomodating. Our room was on the 8th floor facing the back of the building which was quite at night. Our room had a king bed, two tables with chairs-two night stands, a large dresser with a mirror, a loveseat/couch, a small kitchen and two ample sized closets. The furnature and fixures were older but maintained and our room was clean. We had a 40inch flat screen tv mounted on the wall that had good reception and plenty of cable TV channels. The shower hot water was a bit inconsistent-the water started out hot-cooled off and then got hot again-but really not a big deal. There was no micowave in our room as seen in some of the hotel pictures, but we did not need it anyways. The coffee machine worked fine. There is no pool, no business center with a computer, or no restaurant in the hotel. The elevator was slow and at times a bit of a wait. The gym was small but had enough equipment for a quick weight lifting and cadio workout. There are pubs, delis, pizza parlors, small grocery stores, Starbucks, Duncan donuts, a Dagostinos grocery store (NYC Chain) and restaurants of various types within a 2 to 3 block radius of the hotel. There is a good bagel store on Lexington around the corner from the hotel.
Personally, I don't see the need to spend a lot on an expensive NYC hotel with all the bells and whistles, if you are out most of the day seeing and doing things in the City. We were mostly in our room at night to sleep and during the day for short rest stops-so we did not need extra amenities or frills. If you are like minded, then I would highly recommend this hotel that was reasonably priced, clean and comfortable--in a good location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fully furnished rental apartments located in fashionable Murray Hill section. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Murray Hill East Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Murray Hill East Hotel New York City
- Murray Hill East Suite Hotel
- Hotel Murray Hill East
- Murray Hill East New York
- Murray Hill East Suites New York