“Good pied-a-terre in NYC”

Murray Hill East Suites
Washington, D. C.
“Good pied-a-terre in NYC”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

You cannot hope to have such a spacious suite at this price elsewhere in mid-town Manhattan, a few short blocks from the Grand Central Terminal. The property is dated but well maintained, with good-size kitchen and spacious living/dining room, and is perfectly comfortable for a weekend or an extended stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

We arrived three days after hurricane sandy and came with a bit of concerns, however as we got there all our fears were gone! The hotel is great, the location is perfect, the service is extremely nice and polite and the rooms were great. I read reviews stating the rooms are a bit dated, we didnt find it so true, it may not be the hilton or the four seasons but its a great place in midtown NYC!!

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank adina85
Canada
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I must preface this review with the fact that I arrived on the same day that the hotel regained electricity after hurricane Sandy hit New York. My hotel room was fine considering they were just getting the hotel back in order and it improved immensely the following day when the hotel was fully operational. The staff were helpful and polite.

The central location of Murray Hill suites is very convenient to move around Manhattan. The rooms are spacious and the small kitchenette is perfect for a quick coffee and breakfast. The bed is much softer than I am used to and probably should be replaced. The room was quiet and comfortable, and the price reasonable for New York. The extra daily charge for internet in the room was a nuisance. However, I would definitely recommend Murray Hill Suites and book again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Groton, MA
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My daughter and I reserved a room at the Murray Hill East Suites months ago, but reservations happened to be for Nov. 3 (the week of Sandy in NYC). All week, I tried to contact the hotel, but the phone lines were down and we were unsure that the hotel would even be open. We took a chance and did not try to find another hotel. When we arrived, the hotel was up and running will power. To say the room was large isn't enough. It was huge...a double bed, two nightstands, a desk, round table w/two chairs, a sofa and end tables, a comfy chair, refrigerator, stove, sink, utensils, dinnerware, a full, clean bathroom. It was amazing! It was a quiet room overlooking a courtyard. The front desk was helpful and there was a small, clean lobby where we had our lunch before we could check in. We were very pleased with our stay at Murray Hill East Suites, so convenient to everything in NYC and located in a quiet part of the city. We made our reservations through Hotwire.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank sandie1947
Beijing, China
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I have to say the new york hotel are very expensive. I booking the room in booking with good discount. however, it's still cost over 200 USD/NIGHT with bad services. Everyday I can find the others hair in bath towerl. I am very wondering if they are reuse the dirty towel without clean. The location are very good that near the grand center station. I can easy go to visit time suqare, emper building by walking. Also there are 2 chinse restaurant very near the hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
San Jose, California
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I stayed here in October in a queen bed room on the second floor for $170 per night. The hotel and the room were clean. The bed was comfortable. It was also quiet -we didn't hear any traffic noise. I didn't realize the room came with a little kitchenette with about four each of plates, glasses, etc, plus a few pots and pans. That would be very helpful on a longer visit. The hotel is about four block from Grand Central Station, so we could get everywhere we wanted to go. Times Square was about a 15 minute walk. There were a lot of budget eating options in the several block radius around the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hartford County CT
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I stayed here to attend a conference nearby. The price and location were great. Everything else was not so great. This must have been an old studio apartment building that has been repurposed as a hotel. Everything smelled of stale cigarettes both in my room and in the common areas. I never unpacked my suitcase during my stay, just to try and keep my clothes from absorbing that smell. It didn't work.
My room was 100% 1980's decor. That's a long time to go without any remodelling.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business