“Modern hotel, next to Times Square”

Millennium Broadway New York Times Square
Ranked #282 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Montreal
“Modern hotel, next to Times Square”
Reviewed March 15, 2010

We liked:
- central location, steps away from Times Square
- nice, modern bedroom and bathroom (we stayed in a standard room)
- quiet

Overall there isn't anything we disliked about this hotel. Unlike what other people experienced, we found the staff was nice. The view is very good, especially the higher you get. The price isn't cheap but it's understandable given the location and the absence of real drawbacks.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (941)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
England
Reviewed March 14, 2010

This hotel is a perfect location close to all subway trains and in the middle of Time Square .Its extremely clean security is excellent and all the staff were very friendly.The rooms were a good size avoid drinking or eating here as its very expensive . There are so many places close by take your pick but avoid the chains like fridays ,Olive garden planet hollywood hard rock etc Look to the off streets between broad and 8ave or 8ave 9 ave 10 ave where the real people live and hang out and its alot cheaper ..

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Essexeric
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 12, 2010

We decided to stay at this hotel based on it's location and some very good reviews on here. We also got a very good deal through Expedia.
The hotel is located just off Times Square so is ideally situated for pretty much everything you want to do in New York. You only have to walk a few blocks to get to the Rockefeller Centre or Empire State Building & if you want to go downtown, there's the subway in Times Square. It's that easy. The hotel itself was very nice and the staff very helpful. When we checked in we were told our room, which was somewhere between the 16th & 24th floor would not be available for another few hours. We were then offered an upgrade to the 47th floor with a view of Times Square and the Chrysler Building at a discounted price of $40 per night rather than the normal $80-100 per night rate. We took this option and were not disappointed. The room was huge, clean and comfortable with a view well worth the upgrade money! We had no problems whatsoever with this hotel and would thoroughly recommend it to anyone who wants to stay in the Times Square area.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MikeHumbles
arkansas
Reviewed March 10, 2010

Although The Hotel Did'nt Necessarily Have Any Major Things wrong, there were several misleading promises on their website. Luickily, I got an excellent rate for this hotel or I would have been sorely disappointed. I paid for a superior room and even though the room was definitely a good size for New York, I don't see houw they can say it was superior other than the fact that they call all rooms above the 20th floor superior. I made all the arrangements for all our traveling companions. Their room was supposed to be identical to ours, but they did have a very nice room that was on the corner and had wonderful views. It became a big joke with us about how they got the "good" room. Webside promises coffee/tea makers in all superior rooms but I was told I had to request one, which I did and they did bring one up promptly. However it was dirty and kept having black stuff come out when I made a pot of water. They brought me a laundry bag that had a few instant coffees and teas with some sugar in it. No creamer, stirrers or cups. They sent up cups when we requested, but didn't replenish them every day. The room was old and outdated and even though it didn't appear clean, I do believe it was clean just stains that have the apperance of not being clean. Very small lobby with a few places to sit, but didn't feel like we were welcome just sitting there talking with our friends. Expensive bar and restaurant in lobby, but we opted for the $4.00 omelet across the street instead of the $18.00 continental breakfast downstairs. Website said you could cash a check everyday for up to $200.00, but when I would try was told the computer was "down" but that I could use the ATM upstairs and of course since it wasn't my bank, I was charged several fees. We were told that we could pay for wireless internet in our room or we could go to business center to use it. When we went to business center, they charged for that also. I am just used to a more service oriented hotel when I go to New York. I would rather pay a little more for a friendlier place than feel like I am being penalized for getting a good deal. The guy that checked us in and the doorman were nice but other than that, I don't think I saw a smile.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank cathead2
Perryville, Maryland
Reviewed March 6, 2010

This hotel is the best; it cannot be beat; you won't be disappointed. I am a travel agent and stayed there last month while attending the New York Times Travel Show and I will now send ALL my clients to this hotel. The hotel is lovely and looks and feels very regal. The staff could not be nicer. We arrived in a snow storm and although everything was a mess outside, once we walked through the front door of the Millennium we were in a state of order and control and our every need was met. Everyone (from the doorman, to the front desk, the theater desk and the concierge) did a fabulous job. The room was beautifully decorated, quite cozy and allowed us lots of room (more than normal size hotel rooms). We had a view of the front of the hotel and enjoyed watching all the action on the street below. Our room was spotless and extra blankets and pillows were in the closet if needed.

We walked out the door and up 1 1/2 blocks and were able to purchase discount theatre tickets one hour before the Friday night shows started. There is a Starbucks 1/2 block away and TGI Friday's one block away. We thought the hotel restaurant was a bit pricey, especially for breakfast, so we walked up to 46th Street and found a great little cafe that fixed us a made-to-order breakfast for $4.95 that included very good coffee and the coffee was free. It is a short walk to the bus from the Millennium and we were able to get around all over the city since we were in a prime location. Please feel free to email me if you have any other questions and I will be happy to answer them for you. Don't take a chance by staying elsewhere; the Millennium is fabulous and you will love the hotel itself, the staff, the location and the rooms. Trust me on this one.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank dotaway
Brasil
Reviewed March 4, 2010

Got a great deal for this hotel in hotel.com and everything was just perfect.
It looks more like a bussiness hotel, but I don't see anything wrong about it. Just don't expect a romantic small place.
Everything was perfect: the view, the cleaness, the tv, the bed, the size of the room...
We asked for a view and they put us on the 50 floor!
We wold defenitelly stay there again!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Baton Rouge
Reviewed March 3, 2010

I booked this hotel since we had stayed here 10 years ago with the Pharmaceutical company conference. I chose this hotel at a higher price over Sheraton, W, Crowne Plaza and Helmsley ! As I walked in the hotel I felt this was a old and run down product. At check in the staff was tired and showed an attitude of wanting not to be bothered. It was a day of 4" snow and my flight was postponed for hours.
Carpets in t he hallway on 31st floor was old and worn out
Room was in bad condition. bathroom was though not dirty it was unkempt. Paint was over the wallpaper, wallpaper had stains of something, door did not have a lock, robe hook was broken and the sharp part had made a hole in the sheet rock. Towels were small and old. Gave only 2 towels " thats what we are told, not to give any more"
Called the front desk and asked to talk and was transferred to the manager who never picked up and never called us back !
No coffee maker in the room. No added any accessories in the bathroom except for a shampoo and a conditioner
Room was also in the similar condition. I think Days Inn might be a better product.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
josephturano, General Manager at Millennium Broadway New York Times Square, responded to this review, October 18, 2016
I am so sorry to hear about your experience at our hotel. I am the new general manager of the hotel and I want to personally apologize and see how we can make the hotel better for future stays. It is only with your feedback that we can improve. For future stays at the Millennium Broadway, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at joseph.turano@mill-usa.com and I will personally ensure your accommodation needs are exceeded.

Regards,