WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Millennium Broadway Hotel New York

Millennium Broadway Hotel New York
Ranked #273 of 477 Hotels in New York City
Oslo
“Nice hotel, nice location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

We were there for 5 nights and had a great stay! Very polite and helpful staff and superb room cleanliness! We experienced no bugs of any kind, which was one of my greatest concerns with such a central New York hotel.

The room was a little smaller than i had the impression of from the pictures, but sufficiently spacious. Interior was modern and nice. For such a central location, it was fine.

The bed was fantastic to sleep in! A real relief after hours upon hours of trotting the streets.

Car service was nice and inexpensive.

On the negative side, the hotel room Wi-Fi is not complementary and the hotel's business center was not very professional (could not open an xps-file and worked with an old version of Windows). Wi-Fi was ~$13 per day.

Otherwise, it's a great hotel, located extremely central very near the broadway theatres and times square. It's a bit of a walk to the nearest subway, but it's not particulary far. We had a great stay.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Rori B, Guest Relations Manager at Millennium Broadway Hotel New York, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear MentosTFM,

We appreciate the review you have submitted in regards to your stay here at Millennium Broadway. Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your most recent visit, please know that this feedback will be put to good use towards our renovation project. We hope to have this completed by the end of 2014 and look forward to your return upon your next trip to New York.

Please let us know when you return!
Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (876)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

I stayed here for a business trip. My first room was very dirty, hole in the carpet, mold in the bathroom, dust on the vents and grossest of all, a "mystery" white substance sprayed (and flaking) off the fabric headboard. I called and asked to change rooms and was told they would clean my room while I was out. When I got back to my room, it was in exactly the same state, no one had come up to clean. When I called down, the manager was surprised no one cleaned my room and sent up the housekeeping manager - when she got up, she pointed the finger at the hotel manager for not telling her that my room needed attention. I called again and had my room changed and they upgraded me, which was lovely, but not enough to redeem the dirty room.
The hotel is right on TIme Square, so if you want to be in the thick of that, this might be a good location. Also, when compared with some of the boutique hotels I have stayed at in NYC, this one had the absolute largest rooms. However, beware that the rooms are a bit dated in decor and seem to be a bit grungy (my co-worker who was also here said her room was dated and grungy, but not dirty like mine).

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Rebecca U
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my mom for a night and it was amazing. The rooms are spacious and the beds are super comfortable! This doesn't feel like a typical New York City hotel because of its spacious rooms it's incredible! We were seeing a play and the location was literally 2 blocks away, we couldn't have asked for a better hotel! I would def return and recommend to anyone traveling to the city! It really is a 5 star hotel!

Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Katelyn M
Dear sunsetkiss,

We sincerely appreciate the wonderful review you have given us in regards to your most recent stay with us! We are so happy to hear you have enjoyed your time here with us and look forward to your return soon!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

The location of this hotel was excellent. Depending on what day of the week it was, the service would go from 10/10 to 1/10. Absolutely nice people one day and then someone not so nice the next. Rooms were comfortable and I would recommend staying here on location alone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
      Location
1 Thank Charles M
Rori B, Guest Relations Manager at Millennium Broadway Hotel New York, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Charles M,

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay with us. We sincerely apologize that the hospitality you received during your stay was not consistent and would like to speak more involved with you in regards to these interactions.

Please feel free to reach out to us directly if you wish to speak with us directly, as this is not a normal standard we set for ourselves.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

I've been with a lot of questionable people in a lot of cheap motels, but this bed was by far the worst. ;) Seriously, though, the bed did suck according to me--hard as a rock. I'm SO glad I brought my pillow from home! On the upside, though: the service was outstanding and Philip down at the concierge desk was awesome. So was the guy standing next to him (Charlie maybe?) who hooked us up with some sweet tickets to Kinky Boots! We also ordered room service for breakfast and that rocked, too--lots of hot, delicious, well-prepared food! The hotel location couldn't have been better AND the workout room was a great surprise--the best I've see at a hotel in a looooong time. I'd go back for sure--rock hard bed notwithstanding.

Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

If you want to be in Times Square and stay at a great hotel at a good price, then this is the place for you. If its theather you want, you are literally on the same block as one theather (about 100 yards, door to door) across the street from another and easy walking distance to most of the others. The hotel is convenient to shopping, entertainment and some really great local and chain resturants. The staff was great, friendly and helpful. Front desk/bell staff were very helpful at check-in even though we arrived 3 hours before our room was available (we came in from a carribean cruise and arrived at one o'clock.) The Concierge were courteous and directed us to good venues and housekeeping did a good job, especially with our erratic schedule. The room was clean, and a good size. Some people are concerned about the "lack of a true lobby" but I did not go to New York to sit in a lobby. Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I recommed upgrading from regular to superior room, they are higher and give better views and the pr...
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank MarcSuss
Dear MarcSuss,

We are grateful for the generous review on your most recent stay with us here at Millennium Broadway. Our location is indeed a diamond in the rough, we love when our guests are able to stay with us and get to see all that our city has to offer. We hope it's not too long before you return back to us as we have many exciting changes planned for the remainder of the year!

Please let us know when you return to New York.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

The hotel was very clean. They upgraded our room when we got there to 2 double beds since I was with my son - we both appreciated that very much. All of the staff that we came in contact with were extremely polite and helpful. No waiting for elevators to pick guests up. The lobby area was very clean. My only - huh moment. Free Wi-Fi in the lobby but you have to pay for it in your room. That didn't make sense to me that someone can walk off the street and not be staying there but be able to access the Wi-Fi. I would definitely go back here.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank 328Bella
Dear 328Bella,

We appreciate your kind review from you and your son's most recent stay with us! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your time away from home with us and hope that it's not too long before you return again. We have many exciting changes coming for the rest of 2014 and cannot wait for our guests to experience them.

Please let us know the next time you return to Millennium Broadway!