“Millennium Hotel Broadway”

Ranked #284 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Bay Area Houston, Texas
“Millennium Hotel Broadway”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

The hotel has a perfect location to Time Square and plays. It is down the street from Toys R Us and Good Morning America television show, Our room was large and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was large but there was black mold in the tub. The staff was very helpful. It was rated as a 4 star but is not! Theirs is a dining area also.

Room Tip: There was no swimming pool. No children's activities.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Rori B, Guest Relations Manager at Millennium Broadway New York Times Square, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Karen S,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at Millennium Broadway and for taking the time to share your experience with us. Our location is a gem, but we apologize if your experience did not match our perfect location.

We are currently in the process of upgrading some of our rooms and think our guests will really enjoy the change.

Please contact me directly so that I can oversee your reservation personally.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (946)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Nepean
Reviewed July 2, 2014

So my dad who is 82 and my friend who is almost 70 went to this hotel in NY. We came early and they said that they will call us when room is ready- they never did. When we got to our room it was a King Size bed! The reception desk saw that there were 3 of us fine again...they gave us a 2 double bed..but we had breakfast there and I simply took 3 yogurts and the waiter said in a rude manner you can't take the yogurts out of the hotel- which I replied to him these are for my 82 year old dad and 70 year old friend, I think I can afford to buy my own yogurts and don't have any intention in bringing them outside! I was never insulted in my life. For those of you who know me you know I like fancy for almost $400 a night to be insulted like this- is not worth it. I stayed at a cheaper hotel called St james never once were rude to me there and it's almost half the cost!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Happy1232013
Rori B, Guest Relations Manager at Millennium Broadway New York Times Square, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear Happy1232013,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you have experienced during your time here at Millennium Broadway. We would love to discuss your stay with us more in-depth and personally as we can assure you that this experience is not a standard we set for ourselves to live up to.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly at the hotel so we can further discuss and pin-point precise issues you and your family experienced. We do not want this stay to ever hinder you from returning to us and hope that you will give us a second chance.

Pescate, Italy
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is so well located, really close to Times Square, with both entrances on 45th and 44th. Nice rooms, in which i would have liked free wifi (it's free just in the lobby). I also would have liked more choice at breakfast: there is continental b'fast that is really good but more choice is better.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank CriZenzero
Dear CriZenzero,

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay here with us at Millennium Broadway. We are pleased you were able to enjoy our wonderful location, we are in the works of updating our amenities we offer guests at the moment. We have just re-opened our Charlotte Bar and have implemented an updated menu for the restaurant.

Please let us know the next time you return to New York so we may personally assist you with your booking!

Reviewed July 1, 2014

The location of this hotel is really perfect, just a few steps to Broadwat theaters and Time Square!
The room is fine but the bed is too firm.
When I got to this hotel, I received an upgrade to the Premier which was great and internet was included.
The breakfast has few options and sometimes it is difficult to find where to seat.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Thaysferiotti
Jasper, Alabama
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

While on an anniversary trip with my husband I left my earrings on the night stand in our room accidentally and when we returned for the day they were missing. We reported it to the front desk and after talking to a manager was promised a refund in the amount of one nights stay. It has now been three weeks since we arrived back home and no refund has been issued. Our phone calls aren't being returned either. I would not recommend this hotel based on the sheer fact that they don't keep their word.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mistydel
Dear mistydel,

Thank you for submitting a review on your most recent stay. We have spoken with our security manager Nicholas Santana who was assigned to your case and have reached out to you personally to better assist you. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced and we look forward to hearing back from you.

Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Last minute booking. Priceline listed as 4 stars but at best, it's a 3 star hotel. Clean but very basic. Furniture is worn and small stains on carpet. Bed very firm and pillows below average. Not on par with other 4 star hotels. By no means luxurious but provided us a clean, decent place to stay for the night.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Rori B, Guest Relations Manager at Millennium Broadway New York Times Square, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Tltravels,

On behalf of the Millennium Broadway team, thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your most recent stay with us. We apologize that the standards you experienced were not up to par with those we set for ourselves. We are currently in the beginning stages of renovating our property for both public and guest areas. Specifically we are focusing on our carpets, bathrooms, lobby area and amenities we offer our guests. We hope that this quick stay does not hinder you from returning to experience these new improvements!

Please let us know the next time you plan your trip to New York!

Reviewed June 29, 2014

My company has a corporate deal with the Millennium Broadway, otherwise I would have left the night I arrived. The hotel is run-down and has a seedy feel. I was shocked to see how expensive my room was--my company covered the cost, but it would be a waste of money to stay here. I arrived around 12am, and the concierge basically threw a key at me and vaguely pointed me towards the elevator bank. My room was dark, dingy, and reeked of smoke (it was a non-smoking floor). The carpet had so many stains, I was afraid to walk barefoot. The fridge was not stocked--just had orange juice, so I had to call down to ask for water. Room service was was closed, so I had to practically beg someone to bring me up a bottle of water. The bed was not comfortable, and I had to tell housekeeping to change the sheets the next day, because I noticed stains (gross).

The only redeeming thing about this hotel was the gym--it was small, but nice and seemingly clean. Also, the hotel is in a great location if you're a tourist or working in midtown.

A colleague of mine stayed in the Premier Tower, which is supposedly much nicer than the main hotel, so maybe that's the move.

Either way, I wouldn't recommend this hotel. Plenty of other really nice hotels nearby for less money!

Room Tip: My room faced 44th Street, so it was really loud.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Rachel C
Rori B, Guest Relations Manager at Millennium Broadway New York Times Square, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear Rachel C,

On behalf of our entire Hudson staff, we are truly sorry to hear about the challenges you experienced during your recent stay at Millennium Broadway. Please accept our sincerest apologies and we hope you will offer us a second chance so we may show you that we are indeed committed to providing uncompromising service. We are implementing many changes for the rest of 2014 and hope you will return to see all the updates we are giving our hotel. Currently we are focused on changing our carpets in the hallways and guest rooms, update our bathroom amenities and food and beverage outlets.

We would love to invite you back to experience all these wonderful updates, please reach out to us directly when you plan your return to New York City so we may personally assist you with your booking.