“Millenium”

Millennium Broadway New York Times Square
Ranked #282 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Good Hotel, central just off Times Square,Easy booking in ,reception excellent and friendly Rooms comfortable but no tea or coffee making facilities.There is a deli just opposite so takeaway coffee in the evening around midnight was welcome they also do lovely cakes. Didn't eat or drink in the hotel as there is an abundance of restaurants within walking distance,try the Irish bar opposite most friendly, food good.POINT TO NOTE DON'T BOOK THEATER TICKETS IN THE HOTEL BOOKING DESK THEY CHARGES US A BOOKING FEE OF $200 FOR 4 TICKETS,This was not explained at time of booking, we were offered ticket prices of $150 or $200 we chose the $150 to find the theater price on the door was $99. so be warned.

Room Tip: don't get a room next to elevator as noise from people in lobby is excessive, remember New York...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ian348
There are newer reviews for Millennium Broadway New York Times Square

Reviewed March 21, 2014

I have just returned from an excellent 5 night break in New York made all the better by my stay at the Millennium Broadway Hotel.

First of all the location just off Times Square was perfect for getting about and visiting the many bars and restaurants that are right on your doorstep. As I was there for the St Patricks celebrations I was delighted to find an Irish bar directly across the road at the front of the hotel and 3 Irish bars across the road to the back.

The hotel is very impressive from the outside and even more impressive when you enter the lobby.

Check in took us a matter of minutes with no queue and friendly helpful staff. We where allocated a corner room on the 50 floor looking directly onto Time Square and the views were simply sensational.

The room itself was big compared to other New York hotel rooms I have seen with extremely comfy bedding to help you get a much needed nights sleep.

We had breakfast in the hotel and the buffet was excellent with loads of choice for all tastes. The waiters in the restaurant were also very pleasant taking an interest in where you were from and why you where in NY.

I have seen comments on previous reviews about the lack of concierge staff but never once did I see the desk empty during my stay. Some days and nights I was back to the room maybe 5 or 6 times and the desk was always manned. We had to use concierge twice during our stay and they were very informative and polite.

Finally, a special mention must go to Melanie Turner (Director, Front office Operations) who you will see takes the time to personally comment on many of the reviews left on this site.

I contacted Melanie by email with a couple of requests prior to my visit and she responded within 2 minutes. The level of service Melanie provided was without doubt the best I have had from many years of different hotels in various countries. She is a real credit to the Hotel.

On my departure date I asked Melanie if a late check out was available and again she responded straight await and was able to help us out. There are not many hotels that let you check out at 4pm !!

Overall I loved New York and I am already planning my next trip hopefully later this year.

When it comes to Hotels I will not even bother shopping around as I am sure I would not find anywhere that hits the standards of the Millennium Broadway.

1  Thank psg1974
Melanie T, Director, Front Office Operations at Millennium Broadway New York Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Dear psg1974,

Truly awesome review and the entire crew is delighted that we could make everything happen for you!

Giving guests the experience they are searching for makes our job worthwhile. We do enjoy what we do here and each and every day, we try to create lasting memories that will make you want to come back again and again.

So from all of here at the Millennium Broadway Hotel New York, thank you and please come back and visit us soon.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

stayed at the hotel for four nights,great location,friendly staff.we were upgraded on arrival which was a nice suprise.Steps away from time square and broadway.Would stay at this hotel again.we never used the restaurant in the hotel as there is so much choice on your doorstep.Request high floor and tea and coffee making facilities.

Room Tip: ask for tea and coffee facilities.
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Very late review I know. I have stayed at the Millennium Broadway on multiple occasions in the past when staying in New York on business and will be returning in early April. I have always found the staff friendly and excellent and everything clean and tidy. The rooms are very comfortable. The location is nothing short of superb right on top of Times Square and the subway. Also within walking distance of some great bars, restaurant and of course the theatres. I am looking forward to receiving the same quality of service when I return in April.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear DavidSprackling,

It’s never too late to receive such glowing comments! We realize good things do take more than a moment.

We appreciate the time you have taken to write about the hotel and the staff. I will share your comments with the team so that they may see the benefits of their efforts. Meeting your expectations time after time and ensuring your return resonates loud and clear with us. Thank you for continually giving us the opportunity to serve you.

I look forward to your stay in April which is just right around the corner. Give me a call and let me check on your reservation. It will be my pleasure to personally assist with your booking.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Great staff - Selcuk, Lydia, Adrian, and many others! Nice rooms - great views. Best location in Times Square. We go every year for St. Patrick's day. Great restaurants in the area. The staff is always ready to help.

Room Tip: ask for a high floor
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Bloomtravel,

“Great”, “nice”, “best”! We just love your choice of adjectives to describe not only our product but our people. Selcuk, Lydia and Adrian will be pleased to know they have left such a wining impression upon you.

We have kept you coming to the Broadway for 9 years and intend to keep you here for the next 9 years and counting.

So same time next year, but next time ask for me as I would enjoy to meet one of the true friends of the Millennium Broadway.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

I used Tripadvisor reviews to find a place to stay in NYC. The reviews were spot on. The location is awesome. You can walk to many sights or catch a cab. The hotel is average but clean. Bond 45 next door is a great place for breakfast or dinner. Their open face lasagna is to die for!

1  Thank Linda F
Melanie T, Director Front Office Operations at Millennium Broadway New York Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Dear Linda F,

Right you are! Being in the heart of the city does have its advantages….and I must say; I am a fan of Bond 45 myself. Next time you come to the Millennium and go to Bond 45 , you must try the thin crust pizza……………………..mmmmmmmm…….just thinking about it now makes my mouth water.

But don’t stop there because as you know, you can never see all of New York's attractions in just one visit. So when making the next stop to Gotham, reach out to me directly so that I may assist with your booking.

As always, we thank you for choosing the Millennium Broadway Hotel New York and we welcome an opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

This hotel is a few steps from times square & very close to Broadway & theatre district & it is so easy to get around the new York streets and sights from here. Our bedroom was classed has a standard room this was medium sized with kingsize bed ,32inch television,but no tea & coffee & a automated drinks fridge ( expensive but we found all bars & restaurants more expensive for drinks especially alcohol than the uk ) We had floor to ceiling windows these gave us a good view of times square but even though so close to the hustle & bustle it was quiet at night for sleeping. The bathroom had a sunken bath & a small shower over the bath (we were told this is normal for the u s a ). We did not have breakfast this was charged at $28 each.There is plenty of bars & restaurants in walking distance.Service was good in the hotel & in all areas of new York.I would go back to this hotel but upgrade to a better & higher room (we were on the 23rd floor) but superior rooms are higher & supposed to be bigger.

Room Tip: Higher floor.upgrade to superior if wanting tea coffee facilities.

Dear DerbyHolidaysue,

Thank you taking the time to share your experience with the Millennium Broadway Hotel New York.

We couldn’t agree more with your take on our location. Staying at the Broadway is a stone’s throw away from most of New York’s major attractions and close to the transportation to get you to those sites when your legs can’t do the walking.

Superior Rooms are awesome as they offer spectacular views of Times Square but quiet enough to offer you tranquility in the business that is New York.

Coming back? Certainly hope you do and please reach out to me directly so that I may personally assist with your reservation. Thank you again!

Melanie Turner,