“Amazing location, decent rooms ”

Millennium Broadway New York Times Square
Ranked #278 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is located half a block from Times Square, location could not be better. Rooms are good and clean, and I could hear no noise from the streets on the 27th floor. They do not charge for shipping, and will actually take your stuff to your bedroom when you are away.

Wifi unfortunately is not free, and actually very expensive. Breakfast is not included, but for Ny it's great, you should eat outside anyway. Try Gregory's coffee which is 1 block from the hotel.

I really recommend this hotel, just make sure you don't need wifi or get a 4g chip from t-mobile which is also 1 block away.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fernando C

Reviewed March 13, 2014

Arrived and checked in in two minutes, location two minutes from Times Square, superb rooms, superb staff. Staff very helpful, wee lassie in housekeeping looked after us very well.Walk outside the hotel, two Irish bars, the craig was sooperb. You cannot find a better hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I spent a week there in early March, and the hotel itself was great. The staff, for the most part, were friendly and helpful. The room had a magical view of Times Square and you're only metres away from it. The room itself was clean, and the staff kept it clean during my stay.
However, they have a policy about moving things around in the fridge. If you do, they view it as having consumed those items and charge you accordingly. One night I accidentally opened the fridge and items fell out. I placed them back but found, when I checked out, that I had been charged for allegedly consuming them. Also, one day while I was in the room, the mini bar attendant moved items out the fridge, took a reading (via computer) and placed the items back in the fridge. As such, although I consumed one bottle of water during my entire stay, I had a mini bar bill of $142. When I queried this at check out, I was given short shrift and told "that's the way we operate". The man at reception then took the receipt and did not give it back.

However, to their credit, when I asked for a copy of the receipt to be emailed to me, I discovered they had refunded the charges, except for the bottle of water.

So, in review, I appreciated their gesture but I would warn guests not to open the fridge door - at any cost. If you need a personal fridge, request one from reception.

Room Tip: Don't open the fridge
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Brian C
Melanie T, Director, Front Office Operations at Millennium Broadway New York Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear Brian C,

Ahhhhh…………the “magical” allure of Times Square. It truly is magical as where else can you find outdoor bleachers but the only event showing is Times Square itself; a place that is so bright all the time that the only hint of night has to be obtained by you checking your wrist watch. Yes it is something to see and we are right in the thick of it!

Now on to the mini-bar….yes the mini-bar. She is highly sensitive and items lifted and/or removed will be posted to your account. Each item in the mini-bar is directly over a sensor for your convenience so that we may re-fill without you having to request items re-stocked. From time to time, an erroneous change may be posted to your account but we will verify ASAP so as not to hold you up at all. We apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

No one can do magical just once, so when coming again to the enchanted city of New York, please reach out me and let’s see what magic I can work.

Director, Front Office

Reviewed March 13, 2014

This hotel feels a bit dated and is in need of some smartening up, however our stay here was very enjoyable on the whole. I would recommend requesting a room as high as possible; we stayed on the 46th floor and the amazing view down onto Broadway more than made up for the general shabbiness.

Our only real complaint was the housekeeping. On one morning the cleaner tried to enter the room while ignoring the Do Not Disturb sign on the door, and one afternoon we arrived back the room to find an soggy apple core lying on the bathroom floor. I suppose the cleaner was enjoying a healthy snack on the job and missed the bin!

Despite this, overall the hotel is excellent value given the convenient location for sightseeing and the impressive views from the upper floors. However, don’t expect 4* service. Also the bar was a rip off.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear RotherhitheTraveller,

“Impressive, but?” We completely understand, and we are working on updating our facilities. We see what you see and our actively improving on guest rooms and our public space areas.

As for the comment regarding housekeeping those are two big “no-no’s” which will be addressed and shared with our Director of Housekeeping whom feels very strongly about operating a quality housekeeping department which acknowledges guest requests and cleans room per the high standards set forth by Millennium Hotels.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and next time, reach out to me directly when time to set foot again in New York. It would be my pleasure to personally assist you and make certain that you get a high floor with a view that you previously enjoyed.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Awesome location, a few seconds from Times Square. The hotel has a huge lobby which gives you entrance to 2 different blocks which is very convenient.

Staff were always friendly right up until we left.

The rooms were nice and clean and perfect for what we needed. I would definitely go back if we go to NYC again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Akitmistry,

Thank you so much for such an upbeat and positive review. We are quite fond of our lobby as well. The bright lights and the newly renovated Front Desk give the lobby a more welcoming appeal and offer quite a New York vibe. Being able to walk from 44th through to 45th Street without having to exit the lobby is just an added bonus and with weather like this it is most comforting.

We want to thank you for choosing the Millennium Broadway Hotel New York as with so many choices in Gotham it’s easy to get lost in the crowd. But here at the Broadway, we love what we do and we carry that energy over to our customers.

So again, many thanks and we look forward to seeing you again real soon.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

We arrive on a Friday night in New York. Check in was very quick, was impressed at the clean and well lite entrance. We went with friends and our rooms we next to each other. The rooms were very clean . The decor was very nice. Our room was on the upper floors so the view was nice. The room was very spacious. Having a nice room near time square and not to expensive was perfect before we left for our cruise. I would stay there again we I return to New York.

Room Tip: No coffee in room for the morning
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Elaine c
Melanie T, Director, Front Office Operations at Millennium Broadway New York Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2014

Dear Elaine c,

A speedy check in; great view; and spacious room? I’ll say we achieved a trifecta with you!

We know how important it is that if travelling together with friends you may need to be on the same floor or close to one another. We review every single arrival on a daily basis to make certain we can accommodate as many guests’ requests as possible. If it means something to you then it means something to us.

Nice to know that you would choose us all over again and next time let me help. Just reach out to me directly and I will assist with your next booking.

Thank you for choosing the Millennium Broadway Hotel New York and we look forward to your next visit in the near future.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

It's hard to go wrong with this hotel. A half block from Times Square and within minutes of every show you might want to see, this hotel is as professional and well-located as you might want in midtown. I stayed there for a conference.

I arrived at 1:30 pm and they literally could not get me in my room until after 4pm, the "official" check-in time. However the room was large and on a high floor so very nice and fairly quiet in the end. Service and staff responsiveness at the desk, concierge and housekeeping were right in line with what I'd expect.

There were no perks of any kind, and the doorman was completely unable to get me a taxi at shift change time, but I suppose it's not his fault. This is just a good solid mid-range hotel for the price. My only complaint? -- the first night, the alarm clock went off at 2:30 a.m. Why, oh why, don't they train housekeeping to check and double check this before putting new guests in the room????

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank b-squared555

Dear b-squared555,

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay at the Millennium Broadway Hotel New York.

Happy to hear that the accommodations were to your liking. Spectacular views of Times Square and large rooms are what separate us from the rest of the pack.

Although check in time is 4:00pm, I can assure you that if there is a room available per your request we will accommodate an early check in. We want you happy. You can always give us a call to advise us that you would like an early check in and I can assure you that we will do the best we can.

Thank you for choosing the Millennium Broadway Hotel New York. Coming again soon? Please reach out to me directly so that I can assist in any special requests you may have.