“Somewhat Disappointed” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #276 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Cranston, Rhode Island
“Somewhat Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

Just returned from a stay at the Millennium and quite honestly was not all that pleased. I felt my room was not that clean for starters. I had read some good reviews yet have to disagree. I do not usually give a bad review if anyone has read any of my previous posts but I expected much better from this hotel. The location is perfect and I could not ask for more as it is in the heart of the theatre district, and the heart of Times Square. Easy walk to everything. The view from my corner room was very nice with the Empire State Building out one side.
The staff was nice and friendly and the food at the Charlotte Restaurant was very good. Only complaint here is the fact that upon receiving the bill there were charges on it that we're not ours. Make sure to always check. While pleasant enough not worthy of more than 3 stars.

Room Tip: Any room has a great view. That is a big plus! My room was spacious and sunny! Being on the 26th flo...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
EmilyRF, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Millennium Broadway New York Times Square, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Please allow me to apologize that you were not overall pleased during your stay with us. We value all of our guest feedback and work towards addressing all concerns with our department managers so that we can assure future guests do not experience the same situation. I would like to further investigate your concerns. Please contact me at Emily.Rodriguez@millenniumhotels.com

Emily

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (909)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

Awesome hotel! I got upgraded upon arrival, made my honeymoon and first trip to NY fantastic. Everything was excellent: location, rates, staff... even the room service! my room was cleaned daily, they have very honest and professional workers. Could not fault this hotel

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank a-y-marina
EmilyRF, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Millennium Broadway New York Times Square, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you for sharing your 5 star experience with us. It’s awesome to know that your experience with us made your honeymoon and first trip to New York a fantastic and memorable experience! All of our managers and staff work together as a team to ensure that all of our guest are satisfied and enjoy their experience with us. We hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

I went to New York City for a week, and had a package deal which included this hotel. I didn't expect much. But everybody was so nice, I just had to hop on here and write a review. From the guys out front who get the cabs and help with luggage, to the lady who cleaned my room, everybody treated me well. The room was exceptionally quiet, and I talked to people who stayed elsewhere, and such was not the case.

Breakfast was the only meal I ate at hotel, and I liked it, I'd get continental with a big carafe of coffee. People there also were nice. I can't think of thing wrong to say. Great location, about 1/2 block off of Times Square. Main thing I did was learn to ride the subway--got a week pass for $30--and so I went everywhere...last day, went down to World Trade Center to pay my respects there, and then back to hotel for last night.

But I plan to keep staying at The Millenium Hotel Broadway. It was just what I was looking for, and made my trip to New York way better than expected. Perfect location.

Room Tip: My room just happened to be on the side opposite Times Square--the east side--and it was nice and qu...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We’re pleased to hear you had an enjoyable experience with us and we have shared your comments with our managers and staff. We seek to provide exceptional customer service to our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel during your next visit to New York City.

Pikesville, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Of all the hotels I have stayed at in New York the Millennium Broadway is the one I have stayed at the most and I still love it! I booked it on Priceline and was shocked and happy to fine out it was the hotel they picked for me. The hotel has been updated since I last stayed there and it was nice than and is still nice. While was there only one night I had a ticket to see Motown the Musical also a must see. The room was big and the bathroom was clean. No sign of bedbug one of the reason I have avoided New York Over all the Millennium is like home for me when I am in the city.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Keishakirkland4u
EmilyRF, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Millennium Broadway New York Times Square, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for sharing your 5 star review with us! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us during your last visit and even more so during your most recent visit which felt like home for you while staying in New York City. We enjoy hearing all feedback from our guests and make an effort to share it with our team. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Best Regards,
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

Our stay was for three nights, everything was great, the room was clean and comfortable, every staff member we dealt with was extremely helpful and professional , the location was great and being half block away from Broadway meant a quit night's sleep while still in the middle of the action.
We like to send a special thanks to Ms. E Rodriguez, and all the doormen, (Eddie) was very helpful. Thank you all for making our stay a positive experience.
We would definitely stay at Broadway Millennium on our next visit to NYC.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Dcolas
Dear Mr. Colas,
Thank you for sharing your 5 star experience with us. We have shared your experience with our management team and staff who are pleased to hear you had such a wonderful experience. We enjoy servicing our guests and ensuring they have a memorable experience. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

I stayed 6 nigths, NY is an expensive hotel city, I think that was a good hotel and have a fantastic location on Times Square. I recomend this hotel the room is clean and bathroom is good. The staff is friendly and when I request a second refrigerator they put in the another day.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our staff assisted you well. We hope to welcome you back the next time you’re in New York City!

Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

I went to NYC for work, the hotel that my company uses was full, so my company book us at the millennium... we got there and they wanted to charge us for the rooms (rooms were prepaid).. they make us wait 45 min for the rooms. ( they should just give us the rooms and resolve the issue later..
we finally got our rooms.. i found few hairs in the bathtub and towel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank kiko-Kanada
Please accept my sincere apologies that your stay with us was anything less than an enjoyable experience. We value each of our guests and it’s never pleasant to be informed that a guest had a negative experience. We apologize for the confusion regarding the reservation charges. Sometimes when there is an error we hold the amount on the credit card until we are able to correct any system error between us and the travel agent. Unfortunately we need a credit card in order to check-in any guest into our system. I would like to follow up on you concerns with the bathroom. Please contact me at Emily.Rodriguez@millenniumhotels.com with the full name on your reservation, the dates of your stay and your TripAdvisor comment attached. I look forward to hearing from you.