Millennium Broadway New York Times Square
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$318
$296
  • Room Service
The Lucerne Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$322
$219
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
$178
$170
  • Pool
Kimpton Muse Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$267
$247
  • Restaurant
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$134
$322
$269
Homewood
  • Breakfast included
  • Fitness center
Stewart Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$179
  • Room Service
The Kimberly Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$279
$420
Hotelpower.com
  • Breakfast included
5,725 results
All reviewstimes squaregreat locationnew yorkgood morning americasuperior roomcorner roomchrysler buildingconcierge deskcoffee makerhigher floorcentral parkstreet noiserockefeller centerbroadwaynycpremierblock
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We have stayed at the Millennium Broadway for the last 15 years. For our fall (and sometimes spring) vacation trips to NYC, it's the ideal getaway spot! The rooms are spacious, beautifully outfitted, and well-maintained, with beautiful views of the theatre district area. (The hotel is within easy walking distance of all Midtown sights.) The staff is both professional and courteous, going out of their way to make sure our stays are enjoyable and worry-free. We also have appreciated the efforts of Millennium staff to make sure we are aware of, and receive, the best rates available during our stay, and to accommodate our room preferences. When in New York, we simply would not stay anywhere other than the Millennium!

Room Tip: Our favorite upper level "rooms with a view" are on the 44th Street side.
1  Thank DBJHCK2013
EmilyRF, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Millennium Broadway New York Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Thank you for sharing your 5 star experience and being a loyal guest to the Millennium Broadway! We appreciate you sharing your feedback and knowing that are always well accommodated. We seek to provide the most comfortable accommodations and customer service to each of our guests daily. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next NYC trip!

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Only my third review on Trip Advisor... (UK couple - kids left at home with grandparents - yeh!!)

Stayed here between 26th & 30th September. Check-in was efficient but no welcome from the receptionist; we were clearly just another customer in this conveyor-belt of tourism. Shame really, as a cheery welcome would have been nice and doesn't cost a 'dime'.

Couldn't fault the room - which let's be honest - that's what you're there for. Comfortable bed, clean bathroom etc. We were on the 19th floor, which is quite low down from the hotel's perspective - but we didn't hear a single thing from the street. The double-glazing certainly does it's job in that regard.

Yes, the hotel has a great location, being about 40 metres from Times Square.

Service was mixed. As stated within the room information folder, if you'd like a coffee machine within your room, just ask. We did, and advised them a new light bulb was needed for a bedside light. That was arranged almost immediately. Top Marks! ...but when we asked for some more coffee for the machine a couple of days later, we had to ask three times over 24 hours, speaking in person to reception staff, phoning housekeeping, and also speaking to the maid - all of whom failed spectacularly. On the fourth attempt, we got some more coffee, and the receptionist apologised and even smiled - priceless. Should this happen in a 4 star hotel? No. Is this the worst thing to have happened whilst we were in New York? Yes. Do I have a sense of perspective? Yes. Am I writing a review for a 4 star hotel? Yes - therefore it's probably worth mentioning.

Communal area of the Hotel - I'll be frank, it has less atmosphere than an airport departure lounge. I appreciate every square foot of floor-space has to be accounted for, especially when your hotel is located so centrally in one of the world's major cities, but the lobby / ground floor seating area seriously lacks any atmosphere or sense of welcome. There are three sofas tucked away near one of the door entrances, and what the bar lacks in atmosphere it makes up for in overpriced drinks. Whilst I've been to New York several times, and know the natives are (proudly?) renowned for their rudeness, surely this should not be the case in the hospitality industry!!??!!

The barman with the black 80's perm was apparently completely devoid of a personality. I dread to think what the other applicants for his job were like!

To contrast this, you only need to go across the road to O'Lunney's Pub where you'll receive a warm welcome, good service and drinks at reasonable (for mid-town) prices. May I suggest the management of the Millennium Hotel take their public-facing staff across the road for one hour to O'Lunney's Pub, and they may begin to learn what 'customer service' and 'visitor experience' is?

Okay, in short, would I choose to stay here again? I would not object to staying in the Millennium Hotel, but I'd probably try and choose somewhere else, perhaps a smaller independently owned hotel, where the staff are welcoming and actually appreciative of your custom. What are the chances of finding this in Manhattan? Not sure.

Right, now I need to work out whether the whole experience merits a 'three' or a 'four'...hmmm.

Okay, it gets a '3', as it was 'average', but not 'very good'.

Let's not lose sight of the fact that a hotel is somewhere to sleep. If you're spending too much time in your hotel, then you need to ask yourself why did you go to New York?

Room Tip: On checking in, I asked for a corner room, as previous Trip Advisor customers had recommended. Receptionist told me I had a corner room. Excellent! Except it wasn't. Turns out the receptionist has a slight problem with telling the truth. Could I be bothered challenging this? Not after a trans-atlantic flight I'm afraid. Great start Millennium Hotel !
2  Thank BubblesM
Reviewed October 6, 2013

The hotel is in a great location just 1/2 block from Times Square and very close to all the Broadway theaters. The staff was very friendly. The rooms were large for NYC. My room had a view of Times Square with all the flashing lights. The curtains were dark enough to block out the bright lights. Wi-fi service in the room was spotty. The hotel is definitely showing its age. Paint touch-ups are needed everywhere. The bathroom light fixtures needed a good cleaning with lots of dust and black spots, and there was black mold on the fan vent above the shower. There were also rust stains on the floor around the toilet. The mattresses need to be replaced as there were dips/valleys/indentations where many travelers had slept over the years. The pillows were also poor quality. The door to the minibar had come off of its hinges and was wedged into place. All in all, it was not a bad place to stay, but I would probably stay somewhere else next time I'm in NYC.

Room Tip: Corner rooms provide a great view of Times Square
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
EmilyRF, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Millennium Broadway New York Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. While we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay, we do apologize for the concerns you mentioned. We are currently working on many improvements throughout the hotel to ensure it is maintained to high expectations. I would like to ensure that your room is on our list of rooms that we are currently going to be working on. Please contact me at Emily.Rodriguez@millenniumhotels.com with the full name on your reservation, the dates of your stay and your TripAdvisor comment attached. I look forward to hearing from you and ensuring all of your concerns are addressed. We hope to welcome you back in the future and regain your trust.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

From the moment kim welcomed us we new we'd have a great stay. Our 4th time there and this was by far the best. The standard has always been good but this time it was exceptional. All the front room staff were great. Alec in the bar was great and made us feel so welcome. Wish I could name them all. I've stayed in many hotels and never before have I had such polite and friendly house service. I know we all have jobs and that is theirs, but to do it with a smile on your face as customers/strangers pass by is fantastic. Can't wait to get back next year.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
EmilyRF, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Millennium Broadway New York Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Thank you for sharing recent 5 star experience with us. Kim and Alex are great and we appreciate you mentioning their names in recognition of how they assisted making a pleasant impact on during your visit. We are so proud to have them on our team. We seek to provide the friendliest and helpful customer service to all of our guests. We look forward to seeing you again next year.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

We stayed at the Millennium Hotel Broadway because it was so centrally located. It was a block away from our Broadway theater, and just close to everything. We got 3 rooms for our family of 10. Overall, it was an average hotel. The light in the bathroom had issues, and we told the front desk about this twice, but no one fixed it. The hotel rooms seemed to lack electrical outlets, which good business hotels have all over the place. And the pillows were pretty flat, no luxury goose feather pillows that you'd find at a name-brand hotel.

We ate from the breakfast buffet the next morning. The service was great, but the food was ok. I typically like to get a fresh omelet at these types of hotels, but that wasn't an option.

Overall, I had no major complaints with the hotel. I'd stay there again if the price was right.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family