“Convenient hotel”

Millennium Broadway New York Times Square
Ranked #303 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights at the Millennium Hotel Broadway for a quick transit stop. The hotel is basic in its furnishings but I think is good value if you're looking for a place to drop your bags while you get out and sight see or shop in the big city. The best part about the hotel is its location - about a 2 min walk from Times Square, its perfect for someone who has not been to NYC before. The breakfast which was included in the tariff was good, and check in/out was quick and hassle free. Unfortunately internet use is not complimentary which would have been better. Would recommend for travellers who don't want to slum it but who would rather spend their money on things other then where they sleep.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank penny7800
Write a ReviewReviews (5,573)

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel years ago. Maybe I'm getting gold, but it impresses me now as a place that's great for theatre-goers and stimulation junkies, but not for any other purpose. My most recent stay was September 18. Rooms now seem dated. Lamp was wobbly and needed its shade replaced. Windows looked out over massive aircon system and roof. Space was average, considering how little you get of it in New York. But I wasn't keen on walking around in bare feet. Just seems like the housekeeping was not entirely pristine. Maybe the rooms on higher floors are nicer? I had no need to be on floor 38 as I've done high rise living already. One good point is the knowledgeable concierge. And one reception person was quite engaging. But the noise, congestion and now construction occuring right outside the door is a bit overwhelming. No need for Red Bull in this area. Overall the cost of the room seems out of line with what this hotel delivers.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank lisainthestates
EmilyRF, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Millennium Broadway New York Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

It’s unfortunate to hear that your experience with us was anything less than an excellent one. We value each of our guests and do our best to address all concerns. We have been working together with a new management team to make many improvements throughout the hotel. I would like to follow up on your concerns with our team. Please contact me at Emily.Rodriguez@millenniumhotels.com with the full name on your reservation, the dates of your stay and your TripAdvisor comment attached. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

When I arrived later in the evening, there was a long line for check in. There were about 7 people ahead of me and only two staff. However, it moved fast and I was checked in in about 12 minutes. The room was very spacious for New York. The bathroom was big with lots of counter space, and the towels were very nice. However, the shower has seen better days and the toilet seat was dis colored. There were no outlets by the bed, which is a must these days to both charge your device and use it as a clock. I also could not find the hotel's wifi - again not acceptable for a business class hotel.

One weird thing: the bottom sheets on both beds were severely creased. I've never seen anything like it. It didn't really affect my sleep, but it curious how those sheets got so creased and why they were even put on the bed. I would think in many hotels that would not pass inspection.

All in all, the Millennium Broadway is one of many average business class hotels in NY -- nothing special but not bad.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Julie C

Please allow me to apologize that your recent stay with us did not live up to your expectations. I would like to follow up on your concerns and ensure they are addressed. Please contact me at Emily.Rodriguez@millenniumhotels.com with the full name on your reservation, the dates of your stay and your TripAdvisor comment attached. I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

The location was perfect for hanging out in Times Square. The lobby was very simple, but the room was very clean. The front desk folks were awesome from check-in to check-out! I would recommend this hotel to others if location is important.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Tanaga
Reviewed September 22, 2013

You know when booking a hotel in Times Square that you are going to pay through the nose for the convenience and the right to say you stayed in Times Square. For the cost of this place, spend a little extra (you're already shelling out a ton anyway) and stay somewhere with a name you can trust.

Full disclosure: we did wait til last minute (due to undetermined schedules) and ended up staying here because it had availability without tripling the already sky-high prices. Also, we did Priceline.com "immediate deal" (so we still paid a price they suggested as opposed to a bid we submitted) the hotel and got it slightly cheaper, but I am basing this review on the actual cost you would pay if booking through the hotel website.

I gave this place a 2 simply to emphasize you can get better value elsewhere. By rights our experience was probably a 3. The staff was super friendly and accommodating with everything from check-in to check-out, holding our bags while we toured the city before our room was ready, and getting us extra towels. Again my complaint is the value.

While we selected that we had 3 guests, we were given a very small room with a queen size bed, and told we could purchase a roll-away for $35 a night...I slept on the floor instead. Again I realize this room assignment may have a lot to do with Priceline.com, but I would have been upset with myself had I booked outright and been given this room; I would call it the Microtel of Times Square NYC.

The hotel more than serves its purpose if you are just looking for a place to sleep at the end of the day and freshen up in the morning. But for that kind of money you should get an experience. I can tell you from experience there are two other Times Square hotels that certainly give you that at this price point.

For the price of this place,

Room Tip: Whenever/wherever in Times Square, always request as high a room as you can, and if possible of cour...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kyle A

It’s unfortunate to hear that your stay did not live up to your expectations. We appreciate hearing that our stay did their best in accommodating your needs and requests during your stay. Unfortunately when booking a room with Priceline it does not specify the number of people or room type guarantee. There are additional costs in order to upgrade room or bed types. When booking with our website the room or bed type reserved is guaranteed. We hope that you will give us a second chance the next time you’re in NYC!

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Every year for business my brother and I come from the Bahamas to New York and we usually stay at this hotel and we are generally happy. Our last trip in July 2013 was especially impressive as the lady at the front desk checked us in with the utmost professionalism. We were regulars and we were handled in that manner... like VIPs... great to see you again.... welcome back.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your 5 star experience with us! We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back during your many more future visits to New York City.

Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

This was my second time staying at the hotel. I had purchased off Hotwire both times. The first time was not great, but this last time was terrible. I would not ever go back. I have never had consistent terrible sleeps. The beds are rock solid and the pillows are very thin and heavy. They are very worn out and old.
I had even called down for new softer pillows and they only brought up more of the same. The price may have been good, but not worth compromising sleep and the trip over. I was ready to leave before the trip was over due to pure exhaustion.

• Stayed: September 2013

Please allow me to apologize that your recent stay with us was not a comfortable and enjoyable experience. This is not what we want for our guests and would like to ensure everyone is well taken care of throughout their stay. I would like to follow up on the concerns you mentioned and anything else you feel we could improve on. Please feel free to contact me at Emily.Rodriguez@millenniumhotels.com. Please include the full name on the reservation, the dates of your stay and your TripAdvisor comment attached. I look forward to hearing from you soon.