“Great location”

Ranked #283 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Richmond, Virginia
“Great location”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Short two and a half days sister's trip to nyc, we got into Penn Station at around 12:pm and once we arrived at the hotel, the Manager on duty Melanie was kind enough to allow us to check in early(thanks Melanie, sorry didn't get a last name).The room itself was spacious by New York standards, two full beds,but in my opinion the room could certainly accommodate queen beds, something for Management to consider during any renovation phases.The location of the hotel is great for the theater crowd, Time Square right at your door step, lots of shopping and places to eat.Our stay did include breakfast,breakfast was your usual suspects eggs, bacon,and pastries, all we needed to keep us going with all the walking and sight seeing.The best part of breakfast however was Nadia Smith(Hostess at restaurant Charlotte) and also the reason for the 4 star rating, Nadia @ the staff's service was outstanding, go team Nadia!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank hen747
EmilyRF, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Millennium Broadway New York Times Square, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us and our staff. We are proud to have Melanie and Nadia part of our team. Service is truly important and we’re pleased to hear that you have outstanding service. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next NYC visit.

Emily

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (951)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
PA
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Had a wonderful stay, Front Desk is very friendly and helpful too, our room was nice, clean and the view was amazing. We booked a show through concierge and he was so nice to us. Thank you ALL for a Nice stay.

• Stayed July 2013
We appreciate you sharing your 5 star experience with us. We hope that you will choose the Millennium Broadway Hotel during your future New York City visit.

Kind Regards.
Massachusetts
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I've waited almost a year to write this because this is usually a nice place and subsequent experiences were good. However this was a very upsetting experience. I was on a business trip. Every person we came in contact with, from the front desk to the restaurant was snotty and rude. On top of it, when I went to my room, it had not been cleaned since the last occupant. It was a disaster area with blankets and towels strewn all over the room. I called the front desk, told them I was going out to eat and could they send someone up to clean. I stopped at the desk on my way out to make sure it would get cleaned. It was so gross I didn't even want to leave my suitcase there so left it in my co-worker's room. I returned at about 10:30 at night to find the cleaning person in my room first cleaning the room. It's been good since then, but the rudeness and bad service on this visit almost kept us form staying there again! Our client is right near there so we tried it again and it was much better.

Room Tip: usually a decent place
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Please allow me to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your recent stay with us. This is not the way we run our hotel. I would like to follow-up with you concerns to ensure it is addressed with the appropriate departments. Please contact me at erodriguez-febles@mill-usa.com with the full name on the reservation, the dates of your stay and the TripAdvisor comment attached. I look forward to hearing from you.

Mt. Arlington
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Room size fine, decent bathroom, good location for sightseeing etc. The list of cons far surpasses the three pros. Had to hunt for ice-bucket which was conveniently located in the top of the closet. Bucket was dirty. Ice was not on every floor. Had to call down for location. Entrance light to room was not working. Lamp on bedside table did not have a on/off switch, requiring us to screw and unscrew the lightbulb for illumination. The large-screen tv did not work and completely obliterated the mirror. Though ample junk food and beverage were available on the sensor-plan there was not so much as a coffee-pot or a tray on the dresser. Pillows were like white-sheeted brillo-pads, the only phone was inconveniently placed on the dresser, and bathroom products were scarce and inadequate for a nights stay. (Is it too much to ask for a shower-cap at a four-star hotel) AND THAT WAS JUST THE FIRST ROOM. After having maintenance twice in the first few hours we packed our bags and requested to be moved to another room, left for the day only to return 8 hours later to find our room unchanged and not cleaned. We were then moved and within one hour were standing ankle-deep in a shower with a clogged drain. Apparently ironing and trying to blow-dry one's hair are verboten as we found out after blowing a fuse. While waiting for our friendly maintenance man to arrive we thought a cocktail would take the edge off. Called down to front desk for ice location on the new floor. Front desk insisted on sending housekeeping up with a fresh bucket of ice. After waiting a half hour we returned to the 21st floor to get ice where we knew it to be from the previous hunt. The housekeeping dept showed up minutes before our departure with the ice (over an hour after we had requested it). TV volume on tvs in both rooms would not go beyond a whisper...very frustrating. Fitness center was cramped. Staff was rude, unfriendly and seemed to lack any incentive to please. Never Again. Very disappointing for a Kimpton product.

Room Tip: Second room on 36th floor significantly quieter than 21st floor
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank LivWaters
EmilyRF, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Millennium Broadway New York Times Square, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Please allow me to apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced with us. You mentioned it was a disappointing experience for a Kimpton product however we are not part of the Kimpton properties. I’m not sure if you are reviewing the correct hotel however I would like to follow up on your concerns. Please contact me at erodriguez-febles@mill-usa.com with the full name on your reservation, the dates of your stay and your TripAdvisor comment attached. I look forward to hearing from your and addressing all of your concerns.

Best Regards,
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in the hotel for two nights and lived it. The rooms were very classy and had large comfy beds. Friendly and helpful staff throughout. It is located right next to Times Square which was ideal for our group however, it is 24/7 and probably would recommend somewhere in Greenwich village if you want a quieter area.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for your 5 star comment! We appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We are definitely in the middle of all the action Times Square has to offer. Hope you will consider the Millennium Broadway Hotel should your travels find you back in New York City.

Washington, DC
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Millennium Broadway for two nights. The purpose of my trip was to see a lot of theatre, and the location of the hotel is perfect with this goal in mind. I had a corner room with great views of the action below and lots of bright lights.

However, the hotel needs some major renovations. My room smelled musty upon opening the door. There were dark stains on the carpet and on the ceiling in the bathroom which made me wonder what I was breathing.

The staff was fine but no one went out of their way to make me feel abundantly welcome.

There are no coffee machines in the room nor mini bars - but lots of places right outside.

Again, the location is great but there are lots of other hotels within walking distance of Broadway that I would choose next time. Small details matter to me.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank dmc10
Please allow me to apologize that your stay was anything less than a 5 star experience. Coffee machines are available at request by contacting our Housekeeping Department. All rooms are equipped with a mini bar therefore I apologize if your room did not have one. I am concerned about the comments you mentioned regarding your room and your customer service experience. Please contact me at erodriguez-febles@mill-usa.com with the full name on the reservation, the dates of your stay and the TripAdvisor comment attached. I hope to hear from your soon and look forward to following up on your concerns.

Best Regards,
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed July 18, 2013

For more than 10 years, our "go bombers, go big blue team" supports the Revlon Run/Walk for Womens' Cancers, and each year we are superbly welcomed back to the Millennium Hotel. What better place to be for a walk that begins in Times Square! And, there are no better accommodations and guest services that I, as trip manager, could provide. Special KUDOS to Ms. Brenda Worrell, leisure guest manager, & Michele Yip, reservation manager, for their personal service and "always there for you" attitudes. I could not better provide for my team members than a stay here - spacious rooms, excellent amenities, and so many friendly faces. Both the bell staff and Charlotte wait staff have become "friends" over the years. I highly recommend this hotel for group stays - we will always return!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your 5 star experience with us! Brenda and Michelle are great and we’re lucky to have them. We always seek to provide the best service possible to all of our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Millennium Broadway during your future NYC visits.