“The ultimate NYC experience”

Millennium Broadway New York Times Square
Ranked #279 of 467 Hotels in New York City
“The ultimate NYC experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

I stayed 5 days with family at the Millenium Broadway. It is the perfect spot to be when you are in the city for sightseeing and experiencing Manhattan. It is right on Times Square ( see it during the day and at night). From Midtown it is easy to get anywhere in Manhattan, also because there are many subway stations around. In the same street you will find Restaurants and Bars or even a Deli for a cheap breakfast. The staff was very nice as well and the rooms are clean! Personally, i think the Only negative point would be the wifi which is quite expensive considering that you can get it for free at every kiosk these days.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (919)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Gloucester, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

We were checked in by a young man who was obviously just on autopilot. He didn't give us directions to the room, or offer to get anyone to help with the luggage. Upon arrival to the room (on the 29th floor in the corner) we found a very dated room. Stains on the carpet, stained peeling wallpaper in the bathroom. I found a stain on the duvet cover, there were no facecloths and the water did not drain from the shower. I called the front desk and they did fix all of these things (not the carpet or wallpaper of course) very quickly. Oh, I forgot to mention, a few minutes after we were in the room a manger let himself in and was very surprised to see us and said "oh, I thought this room was empty, do you need anything?" This was unsettling to me. On the positive side, the location can't be beat, and as far as the price goes, I had a groupon. If I had paid full price I would have felt ripped off. The man checking us out was nice, and the person who valet parked our car was also pleasant. The room was very quiet, which surprised me. Would I stay here again? Only if I had another cheap deal.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
EmilyRF, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Millennium Broadway New York Times Square, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Please allow me to apologize that had anything less than a 5 star experience. I would like to follow up on you concerns. Please contact me directly at erodriguez-febles@mill-usa.com with the full name on the reservation, the dates of your stay and your comment attached. I look forward to speaking with you.

Kind Regards,
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

Lots of comments here about being dated - there are signs of wear but nothing that would ruin your stay.
If you want spectacular views and a great location you cant go wrong here.
Be aware the club rooms are in a separate 21 floor tower, i checked a room on 20th fl but the views and not good, rooms are nothing special.
I asked to go into the main tower and got a corner room on 50th floor, times square view. Staff were really helpful.
I will be back!

Room Tip: Upper floor essential, seemed to be a lot of group bookings on the lower floors. Slightly cheaper ro...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

Perfect location and great service. You can leave your bags before you check in and after you check out at no extra charge.
The only thing that you should be careful is not using the ticket service. I paid extra 100$ fee for good seats and got a regular one at the back of the hall.

• Stayed April 2013
Davidson, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

I have stayed nearly everywhere in Time Square and here is my opinion on the Millenium. If you are looking for a low price option in the heart of Time Square and you are willing to put up with a hotel in GREAT need of a facelift, tiny rooms, uncomfortable beds, no lobby (hallway basically), and minimal amentities then this will be for you.
Here is my big issue. The online sites will rate this hotel as a 4 star because it meets all of the amentity requirements I guess. I would NOT consider this a 4 star quality hotel. There are 3 star or less rated hotels in Time Square that are MUCH nicer options for just a little more money or nearly the same money. Do not get sucked into this hotel because of its star rating.

I booked mine on priceline and just so you know, if you put 4 star into priceline for Time Square you might as well bank on getting this hotel everytime. So avoid using priceline bidding or express deals in Time square with a 4 star or less rating because the Millenium is nearly a guarantee to be what you get.

The room was basic, with mold on the tile, peeling wall paper, as big as a closet, only a sheet on the bed, the controller did not work. We did have a great view of Time Square though. I will say that was a nice perk.

The lobby is a hallway from one side of the hotel to the other. There is a restaurant connected to the hotel called The Charlotte. Very friendly people, but again, in bad need of an update. Being called Millenium must refer to the last Millenium in decor and quality.

The concierge folks were very helpful and very nice!!

The location is right off of Broadway and is right in the heart of Time Square.

Tips:
- If you are not willing to wait in the TKS half price line, then get your theatre tickets fromt the box office. DO NOT get the from the concierge unless you have way more money then time.
- Do not do bus tour unless you have all day to sight see only and you do not mind staying on the bus while it makes its way around the entire city if you are ready to get back. It goes in the loop whether you are ready to get back or not. I do not reccomend it unless you have plenty of time and not on a schedule.
- The hotel charged me an internet fee when I did not sign up for it. Check your bill very carefully upon check-out.
- They have "Two Towers" they say now. They tried to put us in another "Tower", but it was almost like a completely other hotel called The Premier. I have no idea who that is or what it is in relation to the Millenium, but the whole things seemed shady and when they sent me next door it was a lady at a make shift desk with a lap-top.

Over all, if you are looking for a low cost option in Time Square and nothing else in the same price range is available, then this will do. Not more then just somewhere to lay your head and probably wish you would have spent a little more money to stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Ask for a King Bed. We booked a King and ended up with a single Queen bed.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Brianm99
I apologize for the inconveniences you experience with your room. The Premier Hotel is an extension of the Millennium Hotel. It is our sister property. The front desk are the Premier Concierge staff. I would like to further investigate your concerns. Can you please provide me at erodriguez-febles@mill-usa.com with the full name on your reservation, the dates of your stay and your TripAdvisor comment attached? I look forward to speaking with you.

Best Regards,
Guildford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

We've just come back from spending 4 nights at the Millennium Broadway and I have to say it was a fabulous experience.

The welcome from all staff was friendly and they couldn't do enough for us. Gloria on Concierge was amazing and helped me arrange some surprise birthday balloons to be sent to our room before we arrived. We exchange several friendly emails before our visit and she was a delight to speak to.

We had a room on the 39th floor which had a stunning view of Times Square and so was high enough to just about be able to hear the sounds of the street below but not so they were in any way intrusive. The bedroom was extremely clean, including the bathroom. It was cleaned properly everyday. I have to admit if you looked for it you could see signs of wear and tear but nothing awful.

The lifts weren't a problem for us but we were out all day. Check out was fine, we had to wait a little but that's to be expected when everyone has the sale checkout time.

The location is amazing and very convenient. Our 18 and 21 year olds loved the fact that we were on top of the action and were close enough walk to the Times Square in under a minute. We easily walked to Central Park and also to the Empire State Building and Fifth Avenue - fab! It is also close to many different cafes for breakfast.

I must just add that I am SO surprised at some of the recent comments. I almost double-checked to see if the reviewers were talking about the same hotel.

Maybe we were just extremely lucky but I don't think so, it's just a great hotel. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as high as possible on the North side so you get a good view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sfoster F
Thank you for sharing your 5 star experience with use! We are so glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and the location. Gloria is great! We’re pleased to hear you had such a wonderful experience. W e hope to welcome you back during your next visit to New York City!

Kind Regards,
Tel Aviv
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

The Millennium Broadway stands tall with an impressive exterior. Definitely located in the heart of Times Square, as they advertise. However, is their service also from the heart…?

Hotel Millennium, a chain of hotels in various locations in the world and, surprisingly, also with various standards…

The vibe is like you are in a metro station, with all the fuss and noise. This also depends on the time of the day.
Using the elevator can sometimes take 5 min. If you are lucky it will not stop in a few floors on the way up or down, as by this time you have a bunch of people waiting, just like you…

The bed is not comfortable, and the mattress has the body shape of the previous guest.
No cover for the blanket, the pillows are terrible and feel very cheap. I woke up in the morning with neck pain.
Sticker of clothing price on the furniture, probable of one of the previous board guest. The housekeeping didn't feel it is necessary to remove it, as there is no way she didn't see it…
Room was not clean, and there was wrapping of a chocolate bar on the carpet near the bed.
It looked like nobody paid any attention to how the room looks like, before accommodating the next guest.

The bathroom looked like a bathroom of a good youth hostel. The bathtub selector was broken.
In some places the tiles were black between, in result of humidity. The bath tub did not look inviting, was worn out and faded, and lost its shine many years ago. The thought of me sitting in it didn't even cross my mind. The general appearance of the bathroom was very basic and plain. The soap was a good one and had a nice aroma of bamboo and lemon grass.

The phone on the table was not connected and the wire was out hanging behind the table. The clock showed the time 12.00 constantly and the TV was a nice 42" Samsung, but showed only white snow. I called housekeeping, who sent a mechanic to fix the problem. There wasn't even a pen on the table…4 star is it…?

Curtain bar was disintegrated, and located on the edge of the window. The furniture looked warn out and a bit tired..
I had to manage with only 3 hangers in the closet, and there was no bag for the laundry – something that is mostly a standard also in 3 star hotels by definition..

Doors bagging all the time, from my neighbors, and from housekeeping…if they don’t bang the doors, they will still wake you up while talking very loudly in the corridor.
If you don't put the do not disturb sign on time, you will be woken up in the most irritating sound of the housekeeping woman banging on your door rapidly with her master room key.
That is if you didn’t hear her yell "housekeeping"! as she passes from one room to the other, while she knocks loudly on the door with the key.

At any given time you will find room service remains in the corridors, and they will stay there for many hours! I remember leaving the room and coming back several times, and still see the same glasses lying on the floor near my neighbor’s door. Didn't anyone from the hotel staff really notice it in that corridor for so long??

The vibe around the front desk is an unpleasant one. The staff is very politically correct and are trying to give you the feel of them being professional, with a very artificial semi smile accompanied by a serious look. If they dare to pass beyond that semi smile, it will only be for a second, before they feel that they have crossed the line. In general, I was given the feeling that they do not wish to be disturbed.

If your room is being paid by your company, then forget it, you are doomed….as you will get a room that is a smoking room even if you are a non-smoker, or a room designated for handicap people, even if you didn't ask for it…. Any attempt of you trying to get another room is pointless, as it will result in the "apology”, accompanied by the worn out and lame excuse that the hotel is "fully booked", and this is what is available at that time. My advice: don’t even bother.

The Millennium Broadway will not be my first option for staying in Manhattan. It is incomparable with the one in Kuala Lumpur for example…

Room Tip: If you don't smoke, mention it. Make sure you don't get a room for designated for people wi...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Please allow me to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. Our elevators are inspected regularly and unfortunately due to the number of floors we have in the hotel and the amount of guests arriving communicating in and out during certain times of the day it can tend to be a bit of a longer wait than other times. We do hold high standards of our staff and the maintenance of the hotel however I apologize your experience was anything less than an excellent one. I would like to personally follow-up on the concerns you mentioned. Please contact me at erodriguez-febles.com with the full name on your reservation, the dates of your stay and your TripAdvisor comment attached. I look forward to speaking with you and further investigating your concerns.

Best Regards,