“The worst hotel in Manhattan”

Millennium Broadway New York Times Square
Ranked #279 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Nassau, New Providence Island
“The worst hotel in Manhattan”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

This was quite honestly a waste of money. The hotel sells itself as a 4 star hotel. Quite honestly the proper authorities should reconsider this and downgrade them to a two star.
Their rooms are filthy. AC vents are so disgusting that the dirt was piled into it causing my allergies to go haywire.
We were "upgraded" upon arrival. However, the upgraded room was dirty and the bed so hard that even the housekeeper agreed that we had to be moved.
The new room was not much better, however it was slightly bigger and appreciated the effort on their behalf.
Staff were not friendly. Never greeted...not once. Constantly had to call housekeeping for things like soap, toilet paper, kleenex, etc. Beds were rock hard.
My advice, spend the extra bucks and go to a proper 4 star hotel. Avoid Millennium at all costs.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank blurestaurant
EmilyRF, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Millennium Broadway New York Times Square, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Please allow me to apologize that your stay was anything less than excellent. I assure you this is not the standard that is held in our hotel in regards to customer service or the condition of the room. Please contact me directly at erodriguez-febles@mill-usa.com with the full name on your reservation, the dates of your stay and your TripAdvisor comment attached. I look forward to further investigating your concerns and ensuring this is not a repeat concern for future guests. I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,
Emily

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (920)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

Very nice staff, I do agree with another reviewer that there weren't enough blankets, but I already had extra layers and turned up the heat a little in the room so we did fine. (my daughter likes to be cooler at night anyway). There was a sheet and a thin duvet, but if I had wanted more covers likely the front desk would have helped. We had initially booked with trip advisor using the "name your own price" and got our rooms here, but then realized belatedly the room was only going to be a double bed and that is it, which was not in any way the hotel's fault, they did their very best and were able to at least switch us to a Queen room---which is all I could really ask. In future I would not use priceline for Manhattan. It worked fine in the past for Las Vegas, those hotels can easily switch to bigger rooms, but that could not happen over spring break in NY.

Room Tip: Don't use priceline for Manhattan. And get the size room you need.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Brewster, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

We were very pleased with the location, services, and overall amenities of this hotel right near Times Square. Although we were just steps away from all the action, the room was quiet and well appointed. We would have given this hotel a 5 if there had been soap in the room when we arrived and the maid had picked up the "personal item" left by a prior guest. It certainly could have been an unusual circumstance and only for this room, so we wouldn't hesitate returning.

1 Thank Debbie A
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We appreciate whenever our guests can share their experience. Though we are pleased to hear you had an enjoyable stay, I do apologize that there was soap missing in the room and an item left behind from a previous guest. Please be assured that we will be sharing your comments with the staff to ensure this does not occur again with future guests. We look forward to welcoming you back on a return visit.

Kind Regards,
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

Upfront service is OK but not back-end service. I first talked to frond desk about AA (American Airline) reward program and seemed they have no idea about it. But they confirmed when checked-in. Two months past and no mile posted on my AA Acct. I called customer svc and left messages (unlikely to reach back-end svc) and emailed them too. But I have never got any response. I called general manager with message and ended up with the same - no feedback. You see, they are interested in service for direct money making but not the service for loyalty. This is one of the biggest mistakes to run long-term business.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Amoy,

Once again I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. As mentioned I reached out to you on behalf of the General Manager and our Front Office was able to get in contact with American Airlines Loyalty to ensure your points were provided to you on their behalf. Should you have any questions at all please do not hesitate to contact me at erodriguez-febles@mill-usa.com

Kind Regards,
london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

The best thing about this hotel is its location. It is IN Times Square. We just got back from here and couldn't believe how amazing the location was! We could go back to the hotel a few times during the day to drop off bags/use toilets just because it was that easy! We never even needed to take a taxi. Definitely better than the hotel I stayed at three years ago when I went to NYC.

The room we were given was on 31st floor, view was of partially of Times Square,but the windows were large floor to ceiling. Given we weren't in the room much we didn't really mind about the décor. The hotel definitely does need updating but if you can get a good rate for this hotel I would recommend it purely for its location. It is not the best but definitely not the worst. We had a very large room and the bed was really comfortable. As described by other reviews I don't understand why the hotel doesn't put covers on the duvets to make it more hygienic and make it look better.

We didn't have much contact with the staff other than check-in and out, which was easy, quick and hassle free so can't really comment on how good they were.

Overall this was a great trip and the location of the hotel made it so easy. If you are going to be spending a lot of time in your room then don't book this hotel but if you are going to be out as most people should be in this amazing city then I would recommend this hotel.

Canada and Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights. good value for such a central spot. easy to get to from the airports via taxi and also subway.
This hotel is absolutely perfect for a central stayover in NY. Walk to the theatres, times square, the subway and to 'The Rock'. Staff pleasant and the bedroom clean and well kept.
For free wifi, there is a starbucks next door so drop down and get your morning coffee and download your emails.