If you are looking for a hotel right in Times Square this is a great hotel. It'd get a 5 stars for location if that's where you want to stay. The staff at the front desk were friendly at check-in and check-out. The restaurant staff was also friendly. Although I was surprised that there were no express check-out options. I'm used to hotels leaving the bill under the door with express check-out options through the phone or T.V. and I wasn't given that option. I did get an early check-in at around 11:00 a.m. so that was a plus and the room was really large for NYC.
Now the bad parts - I was on a higher floor and one full wall was windows so it was a good view but it was really hard to keep the room warm. I'm typically hot natured and usually don't even like to put the heat on when I sleep so I can get all cozy in the bed under the comforter. I think at one point I had the heat up to 76 degrees and still felt cold. The bed was a king but it was hard as a rock and only had a sheet and duvet. Typically that'd be fine but the duvet was about as thin as the sheet. To be fair I did find a blanket in the closet my last morning there so that might have helped.
The room and bathroom both felt like they needed a good cleaning. The wallpaper had streaks down it like people spilled something at one point and cleaned it up but the streaks were still there. The grout in the tub needed a good scrubbing as there were some mold spots in a few places. There were old stains on the carpet. It's not like the room needed a total remodel just a new bed and a good scrubbing. Even the door looked like people pushed it open with their feet and it needed to be wiped down but nobody had in 3 years.
In the elevator from the floor to about 3 feet up were stained and scratched. Again, it looked like they just needed someone with attention to detail to get in there and scrub it clean.
The room was pretty quiet for the size of the hotel.
If I had paid $150 or less for this room I'd say it was an average hotel - even with the bad parts. But paying over $200 (even for Times Square) I expect a little more comfort and attention to detail when it comes to cleanliness. I stayed at another Times Square hotel just two weeks before that was the same price but twice as comfortable and had just as good a location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New York is the city that never sleeps. In the center of it all, Millennium Broadway Hotel New York is located in the heart of Times Square giving guests a front row seat to all of the endless action and constant excitement. We cater to both leisure and business travelers and is why we are preferred choice for a New York City hotel. We boast a welcoming, multi-lingual cast and crew, 626 thoughtfully appointed rooms, a 24/7 fitness center and complimentary Wi-Fi. In addition, our meeting and event facilities are second to none. Featuring 64,000 sq ft (5,945 sq m) of flexible meeting space, we are the only hotel in the city accredited by the International Association of Conference Centers. Discover our world and experience an iconic visit to NYC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Millennium Broadway New York Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Millennium Hotel New York City
- Millennium Broadway Hotel
- Millenium Hotel Nyc
- Millenium Hotel New York