“Got a decent deal on travelzoo”

Millennium Broadway New York Times Square
Ranked #286 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Seattle, Washington
“Got a decent deal on travelzoo”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Was attending a conference for three days. At the time, travelzoo was advertising a midweek special for $175/night (which was cheaper than the conference rate at the Marriott). Great deal for a decent room and fantastic location. I would rated this a 4 except for the fact the hotel (without telling me) put a $900 hold on my credit card which affected other portions of the trip.

Reception area is dark marble and gold (classic). Lobby bar is decent although very little lobby seating other than the bar (and those couches are quite worn). We had a room on the 17th floor on the south side of the building. Peekaboo view of the Times Square ball but other than that, just looking at the building across the street.

Bedding was linens and a single duvet (extra blankets/pillows in the closet). Bed was *very* firm (to the point of affecting my sleep). I usually find firm beds comfortable but not this one. Room was stuffy when we arrived and air conditioning was very slow to cool so every night when we got back to the room, we would open the windows for about half an hour (and it was in the 40s outside so that tells you how stuffy it was).

For manhattan, room had a good amount of space. TV was awkwardly placed so it could only be seen well from one bed. Furnishings were all in good shape and the bathroom was decent sized with a nice long counter. No outlets on the nightstand lamp, only easily accessible outlets were on the desk lamp (always a pet peeve of mine....I shouldn't have to get up out of bed to answer my phone while it's charging).

Staff were various levels of friendly but mostly appropriate (except for two housekeeping staff who couldn't bother with a 'good morning' and spent several minutes complaining to each other about the number of rooms they were assigned...you're in the hospitality industry, keep it in the break room).

The location is FANTASTIC. Half a block from Times Square and block from the Times Square subway stop (which must have a dozen lines....very convenient location). Two nights we headed over to TKTS to get show tickets. Spent one afternoon at the 9/11 memorial (weekday during the winter you don't need the advance tickets...we just showed up and they had tickets available). Another afternoon @ Chelsea market and walked the Highline.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (946)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed February 24, 2013

This hotel was amazing, although a little expensive. Walking distance to lovely restaurants and theater districts. Hotel reception staff were also very lovely and catered to my every need.... did not want to go :)

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank mearejj
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We stayed here twice and love the location and the hotel. The rooms are quiet and the beds are comfortable. I think the rooms are spacious for NYC and you can walk to almost anywhere from here. Cab to Central Park is about $10 so the location is really great. The staff was very nice - I really only needed them for keeping my bags before/after check in/out. They were very nice. Check in/out was smooth. I have stayed at other hotels iln NYC, but was glad to get back to this one. I'm really, really happy with this place. I travel with my daughter and she loves this hotel too.

Room Tip: Both times I stayed here, I could not hear street noise at all and barely any hallway noise. I'...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Tracy M
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I stayed at the Millennium Hotel recently on a overnight business trip to New York. It is very conveniently located at Times Square, and the service at check-in was warm and friendly. But it's tired. Everything looks worn, from the lobby to the elevators to the room.

My room was an adequate size with a pretty comfortable bed. The most annoying aspect of the room was that the wind whistled under the door in a constant whine. There was no way I could have slept with the noise, but I was so exhausted from a long day that I didn't want to bother changing rooms. I just stuffed pillows all along the crack under the door and it muffled the sound sufficiently, but really--that is some poor engineering.

The second most annoying aspect of the room was that there was one available plug in the entire bedroom. Not one available outlet--one available plug. And it was a long way from any useful piece of furniture. So no hope of plugging in my laptop and using it at the desk--too far from the lone plug. No hope of plugging in my dying cell phone by the bed so I could use its alarm--too far from the lone plug. It's not that hard to get lamps that also have plugs in the base--practically all hotels have them now--so it's curious to me that this hotel has not caught up with the fact that we all travel with multiple devices that need charging these days. Even a power strip somewhere in the room would have helped. At least there was one outlet in the bathroom...

It's not a BAD hotel, but you can do much better for the same price in the same neighborhood.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TripsPlease
CT
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We stayed at the Millennium Broadway on a Saturday night in February. The hotel has a great location and is within walking distance of Grand Central Terminal, Times Square and the Broadway Theaters.

The staff was friendly and accommodating and checked in our bags while we waited for our room to be ready. The room was large by NYC standards and clean, but in definite need of some updating. I would say this is a good place to stay if you are able to get a good rate, but certainly not a luxury hotel.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a room that overlooks Times Square!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank yellowpony
Syracuse
Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

This was my second stay at this hotel. I am a preferred guest at another hotel brand but I would likely stay here again. The location is perfect for those who want to go to shows and check out Times Square. One of my favorite things is how the hotel exits both on 45th and 46th and there are bars and restaurants on each side. Staff was nice especially the guy who held our bags. (Greg ?). Only issue was that when we were able to check in the room door was slightly opened but no one was around so we went in thinking the door didn't shut. A few minutes later the maid came and said this room is not ready. When I told her we were checked in she was very annoyed and called someone to say that someone checked us into a room that wasn't ready. The room just needed a comforter so she left and brought it back.

• Stayed February 2013
Bridgewater, New Jersey
Reviewed February 21, 2013

purchased online as a surprise hotel...they reveal the name after you are charged and read the reviews and expected the worst. check in was pleasant and done in less than 10 mins. and this at 4;30 pm on valentines day. up to the room on 38th floor and very pleased...large bed,two leather chairs by window and room to move around. The bathroom was a tad small but clean. We will stay again here,The lobby was clean and love the cozy bar inside as we met friends for drinks...very attentive service. Did i mention that this was VALENTINES DAY so was expecting crowds and wait times.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple