“Brilliant location!”

Ranked #283 of 468 Hotels in New York City
West Melbourne
“Brilliant location!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel can'tput a foot wrong. Great location, only half a block walk and you're in times square. Great friendly staff. Close to subway. Close to broadway shows. Will definatly stay here again. Easy walking distance to waterfront.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room, great views.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Holidayprincess74
EmilyRF, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Millennium Broadway New York Times Square, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for your 5 star comment! I have to agree that our location is great, especially when planning to see Broadway shows as they are all in walking distance from the hotel. Should your travels find you back in New York City, we hope you will choose the Millennium Broadway Hotel.

Kind Regards,
Emily

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (941)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I've just returned from the Millennium Hotel Broadway, which I booked for a last-minute trip to NYC over the MLK holiday weekend. It's location, between two relatively quiet side streets one block from Times Square, is very convenient to the Broadway theaters and to most subway lines, which makes it a good base for visiting the city. I've stayed there before on business and returned because I found it to be a dependable, centrally located hotel with a professional and efficient staff. The hotel was very quiet this weekend, so it might not be the best test, but the check in was quick and pleasant, the concierge answered my questions with exactly the information I needed, and room service was delivered within 15 minutes. I paid more for a superior room in order to have a great NYC view, and I got it.

That being said, there are also some down sides. The most glaring is the lobby, which is just a large open space. If you're meeting someone there, you're going to have to stand while you wait. There are two couches and three chairs hidden around a corner, but the chances of them being available in a hotel with more than 40 floors are pretty slim. And although the furnishings are attractive, the furniture, walls, and many of the bathroom fixtures have become dinged and shabby over time. In short, the Millennium isn't a luxury hotel, but if you want an efficient place convenient to public transportation and can live with some cosmetic flaws, it will work well for you.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank EllenMD
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I was down in New York for six (6) days (Nov 28 -Dec 2), with three of those day spent with my girlfriend.

The Millennium Broadway went over and above to ensure all went well during my "Engagement Weekend".

Phillip the concierge was incredible, making sure champagne & strawberries arrived on time, late checkout ect. Also we were given a corner room with a spectacular view of Times Square.

The location of the hotel is awesome, as you literally walk out into Time Square. New York is truly a walking city, and this hotel is in the middle of everywhere. Also Taxi drives to SoHo or the Village is only $11-20 bucks.

If you are staying in New York for the weekend, you can't do much better than the Millennium Broadway.

Thanks,
John

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank John P
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed January 22, 2013

After a huge issue checking into the hotel (still not sure who was at fault the hotel or the booking agent) where we were essentially left standing in the lobby trying to sort things out for an hour and a half (after 8 hours travel) without being offered tea, coffee or water, I have to say that we had a fantastic trip.

The staff on the front desks are extremely polite and nice to deal with, and we had no issues with the doormen (unlike other peoples complaints). A guy called Angel (i think) helped us with our bags, and was a joy to deal with.

This is my 7th visit to NY & this hotel has the best location of any hotel in NYC in my opinion, and is great value if you make sure you search for online deals. Just off broadway, so you can avoid the craziness of the area, and is walking distance to most tourist attractions NYC has to offer. Taxi's are readily available because of the location.

Our room was huge (although I think we got an upgrade) and was on the 47th floor overlooking times square. The view was amazing, so much so there were times where I didnt want to leave the room. Unlike other negative reviews, our bathroom was sparkling clean, with all toilitries replaced daily.

The bed was one of the most comfy beds I've stayed in in New York.

The gym, although small enough, has equipment for most gym bunnies, and is open 24h which was great.

Breakfast in the hotel is also delicious, if there is a morning you cant bring yourself to get up early enough to make brunch.

I'd definitely stay at Millennium Broadway again, I'm just glad that I didn't let the negative reviews here turn me away.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room facing times square/broadway. But be warned, as broadway is always busy, y...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BubbleDublin
We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. I am pleased to hear that Angel assisted you well, as he is a great asset to our hotel. Though you may have had a rough start I glad we were able to assist you with your reservation and that you enjoyed your stay with us. We enjoying hearing the feedback from our guests so we can focus on improvements and enhance even more in the areas our guests are pleased with. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel during your next visit to New York City.

Best Regards,
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

You can't beat the location, steps from the bustle of Times Square and very close to most subway lines. Checking in and out was a breeze, front desk staff was very accommodating when we had to change rooms (due to a booking error on my part). We had a superior room with 2 double beds. Room was smallish, but the bathroom was spacious and clean. The room was clean but there were a few marks on the wall and some peeling paint on the connecting door, but otherwise it was fine. We had a view into Times Square, on the 25th floor, so noise wasn't a problem, and the curtains sufficiently blocked out the flashing lights from the Square. We'd definitely go back again.

2 Thank Michael S
We appreciate you sharing your 5 star experience! I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We would like to follow up on the paint concerns you did have with the room so we can be sure this is followed up with. If you would like you may contact me at erodriguez-febles@mill-usa.com. I’m glad your overall stay was comfortable and we’d love to welcome you back to our hotel and to New York City.

Best Regards,
PA
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Booked a last second trip to New york last weekend and found this hotel. Couldn't ask for a better location. Right next to time sqaure. Service was great. Rooms were good not great, but in New york your not in the room much. Fitness center had everything you needed for a good workout. Would stay again next time in NEw York

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gambone33
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed as a family here during a family break in New York. Having regularly stayed at Milennium hotels we trusted this one to be of the same standard as the others, don't get me wrong it was a nice break for us but the problem being that the staff slightly let it down, they had other things to do before the customer and it is as if they had let their standards slip. A few firm words from the management should get them back on track.
Perfectly located and as we spent very little time in the hotel there is nothing much to complain, value for money is assured and the sleep quality is fine, a light bulb was out so again housekeeping needs a bit of a kick up the backside.
I would go there again but maybe not so much as my first choice.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family