“Great location”

Ranked #286 of 467 Hotels in New York City
johnny7792
“Great location”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stayed here 27/12/2012 to 6/01/2013 great stay for new year,hotel is in a fantastic location not far from anywhere in Nyc. Good rooms and pleasant staff,No negatives here not like many reviews you read about the millenium I don't know what some people want out of a holiday.New York is a mind boggling place go if you have the chance go and enjoy!!!!! There are many things too do In New York plan in advance because it is a magical city.

Room Tip: Try for upgrade to higher floors over 30th for fantastic views of city.
5 Thank johnny7792

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (946)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Having booked this for both our birthdays and our engagement to one another, we expected this 4* establishment to be excellent. The pre departure emails from David in reservations and emily the hotels GM were all but negative. They promised a lovely stay and nice rooms.

On arrival, greeted by a warm US charm to which you expect, this was the best bit about the hotel!

Out dated rooms, 1970's bathroom with a splash tub rather than a bath and I'm not large either! A toilet that takes ages to flush and a sink basin under Neath with looks horrid to the naked eye.

Rooms, well to find a plug or kettle. Milk, nah! Coffe mate at its best with keep like tea!

Furniture with scuffs that even if you left your own mark, no one would notice!

So travellers. If your use to 4* rooms like the crown plaza or intercon brands, DO NOT come here!

Well here's to the next 6 days of crap hotel.

• Stayed January 2013
3 Thank Paul W
josephturano, General Manager at Millennium Broadway New York Times Square, responded to this review, October 18, 2016
I am so sorry to hear about your experience at our hotel. I am the new general manager of the hotel and I want to personally apologize and see how we can make the hotel better for future stays. It is only with your feedback that we can improve. For future stays at the Millennium Broadway, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at joseph.turano@mill-usa.com and I will personally ensure your accommodation needs are exceeded.

Regards,
Joseph
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We were here for new years eve, hence we wanted to stay in time square and this was the only hotel left. We paid a lot for this room (way more then it was worth).The staff were very rude on check in. The room smelt of bleach, the sheets were dirty, the bathroom was like something from the 70's. We asked for scales to weigh our lugguage, staff told me to take it down to packaging and they would do it for us. We had to go to the ground floor to go up to the 2nd floor. After having done we discovered they were closed due to New years day. They forgot to mention that bit and then accused us for not realising! Very very rude!

1 Thank Harvey K
EmilyRF, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Millennium Broadway New York Times Square, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
It’s unfortunate to hear that your experience with us did not meet your expectations. We value each of our guests and its never pleasant be informed that a guest had a negative experience. I would like to follow up with your concerns in order to taking action in eliminating this negative experience from impacting future guests. Please feel free to contact me at erodriguez-febles@mill-usa.com with the full name on your reservation and the dates of your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and hope to regain your trust in the future.

Scottsville, Kentucky
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We went to NYC for New Years Eve. I was looking for a hotel close to Times Square that I could afford. Believe me when I tell you I looked at every hotel within the viewing area and Millennium Broadway is the most reasonably priced. It is just one block off of Times Square and priced the cheapest of all the large hotels. In fact, it was less expensive than any hotel I could find. It was comfortable, convenient, warm and had everything we needed. Our room was large, clean had a great bathroom, the bed was comfortable, the tv was good, no noise, the people were nice. What else do you want?

Room Tip: I am sure you can get a better room by paying more money.
2 Thank CaraBethP
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Millennium Broadway. We are pleased to hear that your stay with us was a comfortable and enjoyable experience. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind Regards,
Perth, Australia
Reviewed January 9, 2013

i stayed at the Millenium Broadway Hotel and found it to be a great place to stay if your visiting new york city.I'm from australia so i wasnt sure what to expect but soon after checking in i knew i was staying at a great hotel and during my stay found the help and assistance about different things to be very helpful to say the least , so if your staying in new york definitely have a look at this hotel.

Room Tip: the best advice i can give especially if your going during busy times of the year is book as far ahe...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank johnny2345
Thank you for sharing your 5 star review! We look forward to assisting all of our guests and ensuring they’re provided all the information they need in order to have a memorable experience. We look forward to servicing you as our guest in the near future.

Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Im staying in the hotel now. Could not ask for a better location. They let me check in early at no extra cost and upgraded my room. The staff have all been really helpful and friendly. The theatre lady and I chat every day and she seems genuinely interested in my trip and what I've been doing. The room is a decent size, has fantastic views of time square and is cosy and warm. The bathroom could do with a paint. Other than that everything has been spectacular

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us about your recent stay. We pride ourselves in ensuring all of our guests have a wonderful and memorable experience overall. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed January 9, 2013

You cannot beat the location of this hotel, but do not expect to be "wowed" by it. It may be worth a few extra blocks to find a better hotel. My room was a good size, but the bathroom was not as clean as I would expect for the price. The hotel bar is awful and expensive. It's also a very busy hotel, so if you don't like hustle and bustle (which NYC is all about), you may want to find a smaller boutique hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Please allow me to apologize that your experience was less than excellent. Cleanliness is one of our top priorities. I would like to further discuss and resolve your concerns. Please contact me at erodriguez-febles@mill-usa.com with the full name on your reservation and the dates of your stay.