I know we're all looking for a good deal when we go to NY. And finding a nice priced hotel in this city is hard, but I can't emphasize the need to find another hotel besides this one if you like to feel like you're valued as a guest. I even selected this hotel because of its proximity to my company's office. You would think that with the Millenium brand it would be a better hotel. But, here's how the Millenimum disappointed:
1) This hotel often hosts large groups and I arrived at check-in time for another group. My wait in line was so long and the line behind me was even longer. I felt sorry for all of us. It just made us all grumpy. Also: the main entry way was lined with bags from a previous group. It was just congested. Gave me anxiety to see that many bags in the entrance.
2). The room I was first given - 3606 - had the following issues: the carpet was dirty (yuck) and there would be no way in the world I would walk barefoot in this room. The duvet was lumpy, one of the lamps bulbs was out, the lamp base was filthy with finger prints (see picture I uploaded), there was a blond hair under the comforter when I pulled it back, there were towels from the previous guest still hanging on the bathroom door, and the soap dish was crooked/old. All of these issues I uploaded pictures here in TA - take a look.
3) Bathroom amenities were of poor quality. I would need to wash my hands 3 times with their soap just to feel like my hands were clean. I just ended up using my own soap that I had brought - thank goodness.
I will give credit to the hotel staff for the following reasons:
1) I obviously complained about the status of this room and they attempted to fix it by sending Facilities to fix the lamp, Housekeeping to bring new towels (and forgot to take the old ones). I didn't want this room, needless to say and requested a new room. The manager gave me a voucher for breakfast but added that there are "750 rooms in this hotel and I can't know the condition of every one of them." Ummm, excuse me, but that's not quite the attitude I expected from the manager - his name was Michael, btw.
2) He did move me to a better room however. It was a higher floor (same kind of view) and I really couldn't believe the difference. This newer room had a large window area on two sides, was much bigger, with a larger bathroom, and decorated a lot better. I must have been upgraded a level...but still some lingering issues: dirty carpet and there were cobwebs and stains on the wallpaper near the door.
3) The bed was much better and no lumpy duvet this time - see pics of the upgraded room.
4) Elevators worked well.
Although I did not experience it, my colleagues later told me that this hotel has been known to have bedbugs. The good news about that is that if they did, they were forced to clean it out so it's probably cleaner than some other hotels. However, the hotel snob that I am, I will not stay here again. I want clean walls, working fixtures, clean carpet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New York is the city that never sleeps. In the center of it all, Millennium Broadway Hotel New York is located in the heart of Times Square giving guests a front row seat to all of the endless action and constant excitement. We cater to both leisure and business travelers and is why we are preferred choice for a New York City hotel. We boast a welcoming, multi-lingual cast and crew, 626 thoughtfully appointed rooms, a 24/7 fitness center and complimentary Wi-Fi. In addition, our meeting and event facilities are second to none. Featuring 64,000 sq ft (5,945 sq m) of flexible meeting space, we are the only hotel in the city accredited by the International Association of Conference Centers. Discover our world and experience an iconic visit to NYC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Millennium Broadway New York Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Millennium Hotel New York City
- Millennium Broadway Hotel
- Millenium Hotel Nyc
- Millenium Hotel New York