“Millennium Broadway”

Millennium Broadway New York Times Square
Ranked #303 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I was travelling with my husband and daughter and we had a very unfortunate incident at the hotel. I won't get into details, but I felt satisfied that the hotel rectified their mistake appropriately and to my satisfaction. I would reccomend this hotel to families, but only if they are prepared to reserve 2 adjoining rooms (as the rooms are small). The location was perfect, and I appreciated the quiet side street location as opposed to opening up directly to Times Square. We ate breakfast in the hotel most mornings, it was ok, nothing special. I would HIGHLY reccomend the "Times Square Deli" across the street for lunch or dinner. Their sandwiches delicious and enormous!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
EmilyRF, Executive Assistant to the General Manager at Millennium Broadway New York Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and other travelers. It’s unfortunate that you experienced some difficulties during your stay at the hotel; however the fact that we were able to rectify your concerns to your satisfaction is very good to hear. We do our best to meet all of our guest’s needs, but sometimes we can fall short and how we handle it is very important. I’m glad that we were able to redeem your trust during your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Emily

Write a ReviewReviews (5,583)

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Must preface my review by stating I chose this hotel in April 2010 because of a "red hot" deal ($159/night) from TravelZoo. Have not seen this deal again and usual price is over $350 so doubtful I'll be staying again. That being said, it's a lovely high-rise hotel at Times Square, though once inside heard no noise. Had a beautiful room 30-something floors up with gorgeous NYC view. Excellent service and staff and, of course, within short walk of virtually everything - all theaters, restaurants, shops, etc. Across the street from Virgil's BBQ (Neil Patrick Harris was dining there!!), Osteria al Doge - a great Italian restautant - and just down the street from Sardi's and the Algonquin Hotel, a great place for a drink. Easy walk to Rockefeller Center and Grand Central Terminal. Would definitely stay again if "good deal" came up.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Just steps from Times Square, Rockefeller Center and Broadway theater. We got an upgrade to the Premier Tower due to lack of space and it was great. They had free in room Internet and breakfast included, which the other rooms doesn't. If we haven't been upgraded, paying Internet was really expensive. Service is really basic, front desk agents and specially concierge doesn't like to help you as a tourist. You actually need to beg for information.

Stayed: October 2012

Thank you for the 5 star review! I pleased to hear that your enjoyed the extra benefits to being upgrade to The Premier Hotel. While The Premier provides upgraded services/ amenities we also expect high customer service standards from all the staff members. Please be assured that your comments will be shared with the managers and staff to ensure that we provide 5 star services all around. We hope you will consider The Millennium Broadway or The Premier Hotel for your future New York City travels.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

On the plus side, this hotel location is great! You are right there on Times Square for the action. The lobby is clean and attractive; doormen were helpful; some of the other staff could care less.

We were greatly disappointed in the cleanliness of the room. While it did appear that it had been adequately cleaned, upon closer inspection--yuck! The dresser area was very dusty. The bathroom really put us off. Although it had been "cleaned" it was not a thorough job. The counters had accumulated dirt and debris in the corners; the counter had been wiped but still had dirt on it. The floor had a chunk of??? (Disgustingly it appeared to be blood or feces.) The cloth shower curtain was gross (Had stains of blood or vomit on it--if it had already been washed and the stains did not come out--it should have been taken out of use.) We did ask that this be replaced and they responded immediately.

For the price you pay, I had expected much more.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank happytravelerusa9

Please allow me to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. I assure you this is not the standard that we hold our hotel or our staff to. Service and cleanliness is a top priority and I am disappointed to hear that we feel short of your expectations. I would like to address your concerns to the appropriate department leaders. I look forward to speaking to your further about your experience. Please contact me at erodriguez-febles@mill-usa.com.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

For this to be a 4 star hotel, I HATED my stay. Never in my many years of traveling have I been so disappointed in a hotel. First upon checking in, the representative charged my credit card twice which I understood that mistakes do happen and I accepted his apology and proceeded to my room. Once there, the beds had wrinkled sheets and were not secured on the bed. The room smelled as if it had a water leak and the water dried in the carpets/other interior. Also the tiles in the bathroom had mildew around them. Totally dissatisfied, I first called the front desk and was told that they would have everything taken care of right away. I left the hotel and came back a few hours later and it still had the same smell, same mildew, but new sheets without a comforter on the beds. I went down to the front desk and was assured that it would be fixed again by the manager on duty. This of course didnt happen. I ended up checking my bags and leaving the hotel because I refused to stay in such a bad environment. I also disputed the charge with my credit card company because I also refuse to pay for a room thats unnacceptable. Needless to say, 4 star or 1 star, I would never stay there again nor do I recommend it to anyone else.

Room Tip: Dont stay here!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Jay K

I am deeply disappointed to hear about your experience during your stay with us. I apologize for your experience and would like to further investigate your concerns. Please contact me with your room number and the dates of your stay so that I may further assist in resolving your concerns. You may contact me at erodriguez-febles@mill-usa.com

Best Regards,

Reviewed October 13, 2012

We had 2 rooms Sept. 27, and 28. Arrived at the hotel with the smoke alarm going off, and the hotel did not bother to tell us what was going on, moments later the fire dept.arrived in masses. After about 2 hours of waiting in the lobby with no information we decided to store our luggage and do a little site seeing. We arrived back at the hotel around 6:00pm. rooms still were not ready, went to dinner and returned around 9:30pm and finally were able to get into our filthy dirty rooms. After call guest services we were told house keeping had left for the day, no better the 2nd day. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL, STAFF WAS NOT AT ALL HELPFUL AND AGAIN SO DIRTY AND OUTDATED IN OUR ROOMS. BESIDES A GOOD LOCATION, NOT WORTH THE MONEY!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Paula H
josephturano, General Manager at Millennium Broadway New York Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2016

I am so sorry to hear about your experience at our hotel. I am the new general manager of the hotel and I want to personally apologize and see how we can make the hotel better for future stays. It is only with your feedback that we can improve. For future stays at the Millennium Broadway, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at joseph.turano@mill-usa.com and I will personally ensure your accommodation needs are exceeded.

Regards,
Joseph

Reviewed October 12, 2012

We decided at last minute to stay in NYC because we were real tired from our travels and still had yet to hop on the train to upstate NY. The lobby is inviting and upscale feel. Taxis generally readily available in front. In-room dining carries upscale display, white cloths and silver plate covers along with all necessary condiments. Down comforters for warmth. Staff incredibly friendly yet professional. We were on the 28th floor on a corner, we could see a corner of Broadway from our room as well as the other side of our building, the reflections of the buildings presents beautiful views, we could even open the windows abit for fresh air. Our only complaint was a lack of towels in the bathroom, no floor mat for the tub, and a light burnt out. Mini-bar available in room, however beaware of the cost and the shelf sensors. $5.50 for one can of soda. Keep in mind the city doesnt sleep and you can find a store open for beverages. Because of its location, it can be expensive, standard costs for being 1/2 block from Times Square.

Room Tip: If desk staff tell you there are no more rooms available, use the reservations phone in lobby to get...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
EmilyRF, Excutive Assistant to the General Manager at Millennium Broadway New York Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am pleased to hear that we were able to accommodate you during your one night stay in the city and that you found our staff to be friendly and professional. Please accept my apologies that you were not provided with all the amenities in your room. Please be assured that the appropriate department managers have been informed and we will ensure that this is not a recurring event. Though you live in upstate New York, we hope to welcome you back again when you decide to visit the city.