“Large, high-end hotel and service”

New York Marriott Downtown
Ranked #204 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Large, high-end hotel and service”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Great location being right next to the World Trade Center. Beautiful lobby, two nice restaurant (that are not owned by Marriott apparently since they are very reasonably priced), and great service.

Rooms are actually good sized for downtown New York. Concierge room is very well updated, food is solid, and service is great.

Overall very nice - but this hotel is getting very close to time for a renovation. Definitely good place to stay though!

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to a suite - look for a room number ending in 08.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Mark C, Front Office Manager at New York Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you for your nice comments about our rooms and restaurant. Our lobby and meeting spaces just completed a renovation. Our rooms are coming next! Hope to see you again soon.
Mark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I absolutely love this hotel! They have great rooms with amazing views of the city and the water. You are steps away from the financial district and the hotel has that small unique chic feeling. The staff is wonderful and I am happy to call it my home away from home when I visit.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
We are so happy you love our hotel. We are thrilled you consider the New York Marriott Downtown your home away from home. Thank you for the wonderful comments about our staff. See you again very soon!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 13, 2013

This is a great location if you need to be downtown for business or visiting Ground Zero, Lady Liberty, Ellis Island as it is a short walk to all areas.
I was there on business and made the reservations for a guaranteed King bed. I go to check in and they have a trainee waiting on me who took forever getting keys and locating everything. There should have been someone working with him to help him. No big deal but then I get to my room and it is 2 doubles. No what I requested so I ask for front desk, get a person who tells me she will check on king bed and call me back. Call never comes. At this point, I am tired and keep it. But for the price of close to 500 a night I expect more. The room is usual NYC room, on the smaller side, clean, efficient with flatscreen tv and good selection of channels. Bathroom was clean with good shower. Staff (outside of front desk) was good and there is a good burger restaurant on site.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Mark C, Front Office Manager at New York Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
J0hnPM10
Thank you for the great comments about our location and room cleanliness. Please accept my sincere apologies with your check in experience and our new trainee. We value you as a loyal Marriott customer and want to make sure on your next visit you receive your correct room type. and excellent service. Please give me a call at 212-385-4900 and I would be happy to assist.

Front Office Manager
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

It's a great location downtown, few steps from World Trade Center, ferries to Liberty Island and Wall Street. It sure that you are not in the nightlife of Broadway and close to the shopping center of the 5th avenue but finally they are all at few minutes in metro.
Lobby is not really warm welcome and make you feeling good but room are fine.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your nice comments about our rooms and restaurant. We are very fortunate to be close to the 1, R, 4, 5, A, C ,and E lines which will get you almost anywhere in need to go. See you again soon.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I've stayed at the New York Marriott Downtown this May for business purpose and enjoyed my stay.

The staff was so friendly and helpful and the hotel lobby is gorgeous. The rooms were clean and modern - a little small, but isn't everything in New York small and cramped? We didn't spend much time in our room so the small closet and lack of drawers didn't bother us. Every evening a complimentary snack was served in the lobby. Sometimes it was appetizers from the hotel's restaurants and another time it was ice cream. We did experience a little noise from the construction at night, but we just laughed it off and agreed that New York is the city that never sleeps!

The location of the hotel is great. Super nice hotel in the financial district. 2 blocks away from the nearest subway and 1 block away from wall street, the hudson river with a view of the statue of liberty, and 1 block away from the 9/11 memorial. Great location. Only a 10 minute subway ride to Times Square and Central Park. About 25 minutes to the Bronx and 15 minutes to Brooklyn. Great staff and hotel!

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Mark C, Front Office Manager at New York Marriott Downtown, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you for your comments. It’s true, we were completing construction for our re-do in May! Thanks for laughing off the noise. That made me laugh! Thanks for your patience. But now the lobby is gorgeous!
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I stayed here for a long weekend. I was running the NYC Marathon. The hotel is located walking distance to 3 subway lines. It is next door to the 9/11 Memorial store. The rooms are big for a NYC hotel and the staff are very helpful. And the view of the Hudson was amazing.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Wow I am always impressed with someone who runs the NYC Marathon! Hope you had a great run. The weather was perfect. Your comments are very much appreciated. It’s true we do have big rooms for a NYC hotel. Hope you return to us for the run next year!
Darlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We stayed here for a mixture of business (husband) and pleasure (me) and the hotel was ideally located for access to Wall St and thereabouts although it was quite a hike uptown. There was a lovely man outside the hotel who flagged a taxi for me whenever I needed one though. The hotel is right by the 9/11 memorial so it was quite easy navigate to and the staff were (mainly) really friendly and helpful (More about that later). Room was large and quiet with two double beds and a view of the Statue of Liberty from our room. I'd thought the area may be a little bit "work in progress" but this didn't seem to be the case any more than any other area we went to. My one niggle was that the staff in the diner were a bit haphazard. They didn't seem too interested in us and took ages to take and bring our orders. We only ate breakfast in there once and that experience was enough to put us off for the rest of the trip which was a shame because the pancakes were great. There are loads of places to eat roundabout though and an onsite Starbucks which was a stroke of genius in my opinion.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
It’s true the hotel is in great location for those that want to work and those that want to play. Thank you for your honesty about the staff in the restaurant. I have past your comments onto the restaurant manager and he is taking them very seriously. I love having Starbucks here as well!