Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
2,600 results
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 2, 2019 via mobile

This hotel is nice located in the Lexington Ave. Near a lot of interesting touristique places. Room is pretty big. Service is good too. But it need a big refreshment for the room, bath and common part.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank WuDamien
TeamMarriott, Manager at New York Marriott East Side, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2019

Dear WuDamien,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. We are so pleased you had a delightful stay and took advantage of our central location. There are so many things to do in the city, and our location is a great feature. We enjoyed having you as our guest and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed June 30, 2019

This hotel is in a desperate need of an upgrade - with the staff and with the hotel. I travel to NY often and have stayed at several Marriott properties and this by far is the most disappointing. Location is great, centrally located to so much, and easy to get around. The hotel is very dated and needs a renovation. The housekeeping team does a good job at keeping it clean. The staff was very disappointing compared to staff at other NY Marriott properties; very unfriendly. Once I told the bellman that I did not need help with my small suitcase he was very annoyed and would not assist in any way, even when I asked for directions. He just leaned up against the stair and looked at his phone. Like many other reviews, the elevators are small and do take forever, luckily I was on a lower floor so I was able to take advantage of the stairs. The bar is fine, nothing memorable. I wouldn't book another stay at this specific Marriott.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank harris1019
TeamMarriott, Manager at New York Marriott East Side, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2019

Dear harris1019,

We appreciate you choosing our hotel and providing valuable feedback about your stay. While we are glad our location worked well for you, we apologize that you were disappointed with the overall condition of our facilities. We have made note of your comments regarding this and the service you received, and we will share your review with the appropriate individuals. Everyone here is committed to providing our guests with an outstanding experience, and we hope to show you that during a future visit.

Reviewed June 28, 2019 via mobile

While this may not be the newest hotel it does have an excellent level of service and staff. The M Club lounge is fantastic for a quick bite in morning or water/soft drink. The seating is relaxed and comfortable also.

Elevators are small since this older hotel feels very historical but has great room A/C, nice but small bathrooms, and a very helpful and friendly staff.

I will be coming back to this property!

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank chris92009
TeamMarriott, Front Office Manager at New York Marriott East Side, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2019

Dear chris92009,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the New York Marriott East Side. We appreciate the generous remarks and are glad you enjoyed our excellent service. We are even happy to know you had a great time at our The M Club lounge. We look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed June 27, 2019

I have stayed here many times and you can find my 5-star reviews from previous visits however this time we lose a star. Did the management change? Feels like maybe it did with the change in the concierge lounge. The rooms are comfortable, and I slept well. The staff is very accommodating and friendly and maybe I hit them during a particularly busy week, but lounge was bad. Breakfast, which I previously raved about here, was not good. I'm in New York and they use frozen pastries and bagels... and if they weren't, they tasted like it. All the usual grandeur of the food for elites was gone. Dessert was tiny Petit Fours - not worth going for and breakfast lacked in all areas - just wasn't what I was used to getting at this property. The final insult is in NYC I don't expect FOX news and all the TV's - I lost my appetite before I sat down. So - speaking as an elite, they have unfortunately downgraded here.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Alex P
TeamMarriott, Front Office Manager at New York Marriott East Side, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2019

Dear ALEXP241,

Thank you for being loyal to our brand and for reviewing the New York Marriott East Side. We are happy to know you were impressed by our cordial staff and had a comfortable night’s rest. However, we are sorry for failing to meet your expectations with regard to the breakfast. Based on your feedback, we are working with our food and beverage team to address your concerns and identify where we can make improvements. We do hope to have the privilege of hosting you again in the near future.

Reviewed June 26, 2019

The rooms here are standard NYC and the location is standard midtown. I stayed at the hotel years ago and had a nice stay. The room itself this time around was also just fine.

But the only thing we will remember about our stay at this hotel is the incredibly rude and unprofessional check-in experience we had. Even though the desk manager apologized profusely for a rude clerk, and completed our check-in and tried to remedy the situation, it is hard to undo the memory of such rudeness with any gestures. Unbelievable and surreal that people in the 'hospitality' industry can behave in the manner of the desk person at this particular hotel- although not the first such experience in NYC hotels. This particular individual did three other things while checking us in - a phone to the ear- barking to another person on the side, and clicking away on the computer, never looking up, first refusing to answer queries- just too rushed to bother, and later, upon re-query about upgrades, first lying about available upgrades, proven by pulling up the booking abilities, to which he had no answer, and when queried on if he had made an error, responding in sheer aggression. Next, having been embarressed at being caught lying, deciding to punish us by stating we needed to wait till 4 pm for rooms because 'we booked late'- another lie reversed by the desk supervisor/manager who checked computers and had not one, but multiple room choices for us. Statements like "you booked this last minute today, so you don't have any upgrade options" - something that is utterly crazy, the time you book a room has nothing to do with your check-in options and a slew of other - lets call them what they are - lies, left us angry and dumbfounded at why we were so unwelcome. Shame on Marriott even allowing people like this to interact with guests at their hotels. At least there was an excellent manager who was there to cover and apologize for the fool.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Matars_Z
TeamMarriott, Manager at New York Marriott East Side, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2019

Dear Matars_Z,

Thank you for returning to our hotel. We are very sorry for the unpleasant interaction you had while checking in. Although you noted that our management team was able to help remedy the situation, we will use your feedback to make sure we are more consistent in our service delivery. We are grateful for your patience and hope you consider staying with us again. We would welcome the opportunity to restore your confidence in our hotel.