Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
2,600 results
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed May 26, 2019 via mobile

The receptionist was very nice and accommodating to us as Elite members. The layout of the hotel is strange where the rooms had the door entry at the extreme left side where the bed is. The closet is small, but understanding this is Manhattan, it did not bother us, since there was a floor-length mirror mounted on the closet door to use. The bathroom had a very low ceiling in the shower area. We’re glad that we had at least one window that does not face directly into another building. The bed was not very comfortable, but the layout of the room was sufficient for Manhattan to fit two Double size beds. Room was dark and designed as classic ornate.

Keep in mind that the elevator does not accommodate many passengers during rush hour check out time or dining period that we had to take elevator going up in order to make it to the ground floor because it was always full.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank EY_GlobeTrekker
TeamMarriott, Manager at New York Marriott East Side, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2019

Dear JY_GlobeTrekker,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand and are glad you received friendly service. With that being said, we are sorry our accommodations did not meet all of your expectations, as well as for the delays you experienced with the elevators. Your feedback is valuable to us and helps us improve the experience for future guests. Thanks again, and we would love to welcome you back the next time you are in the city.

Reviewed May 22, 2019

The experience here was great. I really enjoyed it. The hotel has very good location and is very old New York with the right hints of modern. We checked in with Paulina Brito, a very nice Dominican lady. The service was excellent throughout the hotel and the room was clean, and comfy. Loved it.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank zmercedes
TeamMarriott, Front Office Manager at New York Marriott East Side, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2019

Dear zmercedes,

Thank you for sharing about your stay at New York Marriott East Side. We appreciate the generous remarks about our staff and are glad you enjoyed your comfortable accommodations. We understand the importance of the details that make up a great stay and are happy knowing Paulina's covet for excellence enhanced your visit with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Ron Rivera,

Reviewed May 20, 2019 via mobile

I am a platinum elite member for Marriott. Obviously if I did not like Marriotts I would not reach this level. I don’t complain much about hotels but this one has to be my worst experience of all. The room was not dusted, the room was very small (feels like a broom closet) furniture missing and in bad shape, wall paper coming off the wall, sheets torn. See the torn sheets and dust bunny. I have better videos but don’t know how to post them.

I feel that I get a much better room at the Fairfield in Cambridge, Ohio.

Another interesting point is that this hotel has no room service. Not a big thing but I checked in late and it would be nice if I could order something for the room.

This is not the standard I expect from a Marriott.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank hfrakes
TeamMarriott, Manager at New York Marriott East Side, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2019

Dear hfrakes,

Thank you for your loyalty to our brand. We are very sorry for the various issues in your room and that we did not provide the experience you were expecting from us. Please know we take your concerns seriously and will see where we can make improvements. We truly appreciate your business and hope we have an opportunity to better your experience with us.

Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

The location of this hotel is excellent but it is desperately in need of a refresh of people and rooms.

Check in was unfriendly and I didn’t get an upgrade despite titanium status. It just seemed too hard for them to organize.

Room was ok and internet worked ok. No water bottles in room is totally unacceptable. Bathroom was small but ok. Bed was old and lumpy.

Common areas were horribly overheated.
Elevators are very slow.

Gym is 24 hours but small with limited equipment. 4 treadmills, 3 elliptical and 2 bikes if I recall correctly.

Services needed follow up.

Staff in the lobby bar were good and friendly.

Hotel lies about the rates. They add $25 to the rate that they don’t tell you about when booking. This is not something I expect from Marriott and I complained about it. You can’t just add $25 charge for nothing! For this reason I’ll not use the hotel again unless they become honest about their rates.

Their answer? “All marriotts do it!” That’s not true, I’ve been in 4 in the last 2 weeks and that’s the only one that lied about the rate.

I would probably give 3 stars except for the rate issue.

Avoid.

Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank j889814672
TeamMarriott, Manager at New York Marriott East Side, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2019

Dear j889814672,

It was our pleasure hosting you during your visit to our city. We are very sorry that you were unhappy with multiple aspects of your stay. We regret your dissatisfaction with our destination fee and are disappointed you were unable to take advantage of the benefits that come along with this. Thank you for sharing your concerns, and we will share your comments appropriately. We wish you all the best with your future travels.

Reviewed May 5, 2019 via mobile

This applies to staff as well as service seemed alien to some, especially in the bar. Most pleasant we’re the cleaning staff who I suspect are the lowest paid.
Good size room and a large bathroom which could have had a much bigger bath.
Meeting room good size but really expensive especially for all additional items. Tough for the staff organising meeting as budget not limitless.
Marriott- invest in fabric and training. Stop being greedy and provide better value

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank stephendH5799QP
TeamMarriott, Manager at New York Marriott East Side, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2019

Dear stephendH5799QP,

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. We apologize for the service issues you experienced and are disappointed we fell short of the value you were expecting. We noted your concerns and will be working with our team to ensure we are providing the superior service we are known for. It was our pleasure welcoming you to our hotel, and we do hope to have another opportunity to serve you in the future.