Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
2,600 results
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 30, 2019

I traveled with a group, so I can't rate the value. I can say that the staff was wonderful, accommodating, friendly and quick to answer questions about the area. The property was clean and the room more spacious than I expected for NYC, but it is a bit outdated. Definitely in need of a remodel. It is in a very convenient location.

Room tip: I'm not quite sure about choosing a good room. I was traveling with a group.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
TeamMarriott, Front Office Manager at New York Marriott East Side, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2019

Dear Traci H,

Thank you for choosing New York Marriott East Side and for the kind review. We appreciate you recognizing our associates for the wonderful service they delivered during your stay. We are also glad that you liked your spacious room and our convenient location. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you and your group back the next time you all are in New York City!

Reviewed April 23, 2019

Beautiful old building with interesting history and architecture to match. Walkable to many tourist attractions.

Check-in was chaotic. There were several large groups checking in around the same time, and the hotel staff was not prepared to handle a large volume. After waiting in a completely unorganized line, the staff person continued his phone call as I was standing there. When he got off, there was a "Welcome."

Elevators are extremely small. The door opening is small and makes squeezing in with a lot of luggage difficult.

Our room (#606 junior suite) was outdated and in need of modernization. Windows looked out to brick walls, with very little sunlight coming in. The toilet flushed very slowly, and the water ran constantly. I called maintenance to fix it - they didn't. A $2 rubber seal would have fixed it.

The elevators were slow and crowded - if they worked. The elevator got stuck on two different occasions, and that's if you were lucky enough to get on one. We ended up walking down the six flights rather than waste our day waiting. At checkout, we waited and waited and ended up carrying our luggage and other shopping bags down the stairs. When I conveyed my annoyance with the front desk, their response was, "Sorry, we're completely booked." Isn't it your primary business goal to be able to book all your rooms?

I'm a life-long Marriott/Starwood member (Platinum), and I've always enjoyed my stays at their properties. This however, is one that I would not go back to.

1  Thank David N
TeamMarriott, Manager at New York Marriott East Side, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2019

Dear David,

Thank you for your loyalty to our brand. We appreciate your specific comments and apologize for the maintenance and service issues you encountered. We truly take pride in our guest experience and the feedback we receive, good or bad, helps us improve. It was our pleasure having you as our guest, and we wish you safe travels.

Reviewed April 23, 2019

Stayed for 1 night in transit. Really bad quality room, needs complete renovation, furniture and carpets really worn out. A previous post aircon is old and noisy. There was a problem finding my reservation and waited 10 mins at check in for them to resolve “ a computer problem”. For waiting I was “upgraded” to a room with a view. Pathetic view of rooftops of adjacent buuildings. To be fair the room rate was cheaper than other similar properties and originally I put this too it’s less central location a few blocks fro attractions. Room rate was still high and the resort charge ridiculous for a city hotel, but most nyc hotels add this charge, so just make sure you spend it,

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Wiliamdxb,

Thank you for sharing your evaluation. We apologize for anything other than a completely satisfying stay, and we appreciate the feedback. Your comments regarding your room will be shared with our team, and we will use them for future improvements. We hope you will give us another opportunity to prove we can do better.

Reviewed April 23, 2019 via mobile

I am a Marriott Platinum Elite member. Which means I stay in many Marriotts. This is a stone cold rip off. Start with the mandatory $25 a day food and beverage charge. Fine if you can actually use it. But the options are terrible. AND there is a $20 a day laundry charge not mentioned anywhere until you arrive. And then they try to charge 50% surcharge on laundry. Upgraded suite was worn out. No sign of the feather pillows on my Marriott profile. Etc. etc. Front desk has serious attitude problem. Elevators need to be replaced. Etc. etc. I will never stay there again. Marriott chain should be ashamed of itself.

Trip type: Traveled with family
TeamMarriott, Manager at New York Marriott East Side, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2019

Dear Wanderer574721,

Thank you for being a loyal Marriott Bonvoy member and sharing your concerns with us. We are disappointed that our hotel fell below your expectations and that you were unhappy with our destination fee. These fees are listed on our website, so you have this information prior to staying with us, but we will share your comments appropriately. We enjoyed serving you and wish you safe travels.

Reviewed April 19, 2019 via mobile

This is one of my favorite hotels in Manhattan, but it is getting old. The air conditioning, too noisy and the rooms and carpeting are not in good state. Super friendly staff; Paulina and Denis at the front desk, the best!! I'll wait until remodeling to come back. Anyways location is the best.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
TeamMarriott, General Manager at New York Marriott East Side, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2019

Dear Julisa123,

We are honored to be one of your favorite New York City hotels and appreciate you taking the time to give feedback. It was a pleasure to read that we continue to impress you with our personable service and will be sure to share your kind remarks with Paulina and Denis. However, we are sorry you were disappointed with the overall appearance of our hotel. Improvements to various areas are scheduled on a rotating basis, and we will gladly share your feedback with our development team. Thank you for your loyalty to our hotel, and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.