New York Marriott East Side
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$149
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$145
$134
  • Room Service
The Watson Hotel(New York City)
$128
$369
$316
SmithHotels.com
  • Restaurant
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$171
  • Bar/Lounge
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
$137
$110
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
NYLO New York City(New York City)(Great Value!)
$265
$212
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$225
$123
Park Central
  • Fitness center
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$249
$80
  • Breakfast included
2,308 results
All reviewsthe concierge loungem clubgreat locationnew yorktimes squarelexington avenuerockefeller centergrand central stationcorner roomfew blocksstreet noisewould stay here againchrysler buildinghigh floorbell stafffitness centerearly check
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 24, 2007

Me and a friend stayed at this hotel on a visit to New York to celebrate St Patrick's Day. I've stayed in a lot of hotels in the city, but this had to be the worst one. We were in a room on the 11th floor but could hear lots of traffic noise from the street below. There was also a problem with the radiator in the room, the pipes were making a tapping noise regularly. When we complained the staff just said it was because the hotel was old. Surely Marriott fix problems in old properties as well as their more modern ones? I don't stay at Marriott hotels anymore because of their response to my complaint.

Stayed: March 2006
Reviewed January 24, 2007

I was in NYC for a business trip, and decided on the Marriott East Side because of its location to work, restaurants, and city sights. I also wanted full service amenities.

The room was a nice size for NYC standards, and it was clean and well kept. I requested a "quiet" room away from the street noise on Lexington Ave. While I was not bothered by street noise, the noise from the heater woke me up several times during the night on the last two nights of my stay. The temperature in the city had dropped dramatically, and I like to have a warm, toasty room. It was explained to me by the hotel engineer, that the pipes make that noise because the building is an old. There was nothing that he could do about the noise. The noise was not a problem for my co-worker, who was in a different room, because she does not like to be too warm. So, if your preference is for a toasty room, you may have issues with the heater noise.

I went into the Shelton Grille for breakfast one morning, and they failed to deliver what I ordered. After waiting for 20 minutes, I had to leave for work. The waiter was very apologetic, and insisted on giving me my order to go. It was also complimentary.

The entire hotel staff (except the gift shop cashier) was very helpful and polite. The Concierge had great restaurant and activity suggestions.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed January 6, 2007

This hotel is old. But it didn't seem particularly worn, it felt historic and nothing noticeable to me.

We had two rooms on the 12th floor. One had a bigger bathroom and one had a bigger bedroom (by maybe inches) The bathroom was clean, had nice bath&body lotions and shampoos. plenty of towels.

our windows faced the side street not lexington soo it wasn't as noisy.

beds were doubles and were comforable.

Conciegere was a great help.

Location was amazing.

We wanted late night desert and they kept the kitchen open just for us.

Two things:

1. my dad did not like the square pillows and the other pillows were way too soft and were not fluffy... perhaps something i nthe middle of the two

2. The remote to the TV didn't work and no one came to do anything about it. It really didn't matter we were not in our room watching tv but it was nice to get the weather report and see some of the score late at night when we got back to the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed December 20, 2006

Spent Dec 16 & 17 at this hotel, not a NYC expert but found the location to be excellent. 2 Adults and 3 kids camped out in the room but we were not there for the room experience. Service was great, Location great, easy on/off FDR, $$$$ for parking but this is NYC. Less than a 30 minute walk to almost any MidTown location. Took the S line between Times Sq & Grd Central which was convenient.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank NH95
Reviewed December 10, 2006

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. We did not like it very much.

The hotel is kind of old. The room we had was big (in compare t o other hotel rooms in NY) but still old. The same with the bathroom: big but old.

The lifts in this hotel are horror ! Sometimes you have to wait for minutes till the come to your floor !!!

The location of the hotel is ok. Very close to 5th Ave. But thats about it.

We also stayed at THE SOHO GRAND hotel in Soho, and we loved it.

If you want to stay in this area of the Marriott i think I would go to the W-HOTEL right next door. I have not stayed there but I looked much nicer

• Stayed: August 2005, traveled as a couple