Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
2,600 results
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 7, 2019 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for the weekend, the occasion was a bachelorette party getaway. The room size did accommodate the four of us. However you can tell this location does need some updating the elevator got stuck on 3 another guest was stuck in one, for as busy as this hotel seems to get they really need to fix the elevators, fixing may not be the answer for I'm sure they need a whole new elevator system. The beds we're too soft, if that is for you then it's perfect but I just stayed at the Renaissance and the bed had a good balance. The room was clean didn't have too many noise issue but you can smell whatever is cooking for Saturday morning we awoke to a strong garlic smell I'm sure this is do to the old building and it is still more than likely still using the old ventilation system. The room had two double beds and a sofa bed the sofabed was in a separate area, which is nice. I would have given 4 stars if there was a better bed and also some much needed upgrades. Overall the location is nice staff was great rooms not bad just needs the updates.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Kina Y
TeamMarriott, Front Office Manager at New York Marriott East Side, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are sorry you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay. We strive to maintain high standards, not only in service but also with maintaining the overall look and feel of our hotel. Improvements to various areas are scheduled on a rotating basis, and we will gladly share your feedback with the appropriate individuals as we plan for the future. We do hope you will consider us again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed April 1, 2019

Returned here for a 2 night stay last week. Although the room was looking fairly worn, the bed was very comfortable and everything was clean. We paid for access to the M lounge and enjoyed the great breakfasts there, but were disappointed to learn there were no hors d'oeuvres served at the weekend. (There was a sign outside the lounge telling us this but we were not informed when we booked.) However, really enjoyed a drink at the 525LEX bar. Perfect position to walk to many attractions and shops. Staff very friendly and helpful. Looking forward to staying again!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
TeamMarriott, Front Office Manager at New York Marriott East Side, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2019

Dear 999joanna,

Thank you for sharing about your stay at New York Marriott East Side. We appreciate the generous remarks and are glad you enjoyed our hotel. We understand the importance of the details that make up a great stay and are happy knowing our rooms, staff as well as the location enhanced your visit with us. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed March 31, 2019

The only reason why I don’t rate this place 1 is because the staff has been really nice despite the lack of amenities. I traveled all day, arrived at 10 PM starving in my room, did not see a menu. I called concierge, no concierge. I called the front desk, they tell me there is no room service but I can go to the restaurant downstairs... actually a bar, not a place where you want to go by yourself when you are tired. There is not even a bottle of water, fridge empty. They are supposed to have a shop downstairs opened until 11PM, it was closed at 10.15PM. Not only you have to pay for wifi but it’s not working. I could say a lot about the old brown furnitures and carpet...

• Trip type: Traveled on business
TeamMarriott, Manager at New York Marriott East Side, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2019

Dear Parvatee37,

We want to thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to post your review. We apologize that you were disappointed with our amenities. However, we appreciate you mentioning the great service you received from our team and hope you enjoyed some aspects of your stay. We encourage you to try us again in the near future so we can provide you with a more satisfying experience.

Reviewed March 28, 2019

I enjoyed my stay there this past week. I like how old and famous this place is. I found the rooms to be comfortable and clean with a good desk and internet. I had access to the M lounge on the 2nd floor and the food was quite good there and the staff was great there also. I also ate at the lobby restaurant and had a good late night meal there, with great service.

Check in was smooth too and efficient. I viewed the meeting space and found it to be functional also for mid-sized groups.

The location is great, a Starbucks is a block a way and some great restaurants are near by as is Grand Central Station.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank finesilver
TeamMarriott, Front Office Manager at New York Marriott East Side, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2019

Dear finesilver,

Thank you for choosing New York Marriott East Side. We are glad that you enjoyed the convenience of having so many wonderful restaurants nearby and are delighted you were impressed with our exceptional service. Thank you again for including us in your business travel plans. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed March 24, 2019 via mobile

Picked this hotel as a family get away. I am Plantiumn Elite and stay many nights at Marriotts. This is the worst experience in my many nights at Marriotts. The so called double beds are not even double beds. Two adults can not sleep in them.

They have a so called resort fee which they claim you can use $25 at the bar. You can’t order even two drinks for that. So if you want one drink a day it may cover it. They add a service charge to each thing bought in the bar even if it is only three people. They claim everyone does this in NY. Never seen this in my many nights of travel.

They claim they are full service but no room service which I don’t care about. The rooms are dated and service is very condescending. If this was a nice upscale hotel I would expect that, but this is an old Marriott in an ok location thinking tourists don’t know better.

Went to the concierge‘s lounge and honestly forgot I could only have two people. I normally travel for work without family. So my young daughter who ate very little was charged $35 plus tax of course for mediocre breakfast.

If you pick this hotel be prepared for some nasty surprises at check out and no sleep in the so called “double” beds. And just smug managers when you ask for explanations. There are far better choices in this city.

Trip type: Traveled with family
TeamMarriott, Manager at New York Marriott East Side, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2019

Dear Chitownbigcityfan,

Thank you for being a loyal guest of our brand. We sincerely apologize that you left disappointed and that our services did not exceed your expectations. We have noted the service issues you experienced and will address this with our team. We do hope we have another opportunity to welcome you back for a much more enjoyable stay.