Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
2,600 results
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed February 20, 2019

Old dated Marriott. What is very annoying is the $25 "daily resort fee" I was notified about during check in. Seriously - just raise your rates by $25 a night. Don't tell me I can spend it in the bar or restaurant - I am in NYC for day and night meetings like most of the other guests, don't force me to go to your bar or restaurant just to get my $25 back.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
TeamMarriott, Manager at New York Marriott East Side, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2019

Dear c0rich2,

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. We apologize that our destination fee was not clearly communicated to your prior to your arrival. Please know this information is listed on our website. With that being said, we will be more diligent in our efforts to let guests know about this fee. It was our pleasure serving you, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed February 19, 2019 via mobile

The hotel was very average. The check in staff were nice but the hotel is dated. The rooms need a refresher. The Club Lounge was nice. The hotel tags on extra fees which had no benefit to me. Why not just charge for food bought? I am not sure I would go back.

Date of stay: January 2019
3  Thank lolitanj2
TeamMarriott, Front Office Manager at New York Marriott East Side, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2019

Dear lolitanj2,

Thank you for being our guest at New York Marriott East Side. It is good to know that you liked our front-desk service, but we appreciate your comments regarding the need to update. We have taken note of this to plan for future updates and for freshening up our facilities. Please give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed February 19, 2019

Let me start by saying that checking in on a Friday evening was a very slow process. You will also be charged $25 a day as a destination fee. Wi fi in room is slow. I didn't meet any overly friendly staff. No one seemed readily available to help. You pretty much get by the entire stay unnoticed. The room was small and furniture very dated. My husband & I, both were very itchy at night. I hope that it wasn't bed bugs. The hotel was not terrible but it also wasn't very good. It is descent for the price. I would not stay here again.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear PalmtreesOceanbreeze,

Thank you for choosing our hotel during your visit to the city. We hope you will accept our apologies for the service issues you experienced, as well as for your disappointment regarding the condition of your room. We will use your comments to improve the areas you outlined. We hope to have another chance to provide you with the outstanding experience you should receive every time you are our guest.

Reviewed February 14, 2019

i'm shocked by the positive reviews of this hotel. I'm a frequent traveler (50+ nights per year) and would not recommend this property to anyone unless they are looking for a decent bed in a decent location. I fully agree with other reviews that mentioned the horrid in-room coffee, lack of room service, and limited hours of lobby bar/restaurant, the primary reason for my 1-star review was the deceptive service charge practices in the lobby bar/restaurant. I have never had a 15% service charge included in every check -- regardless of the number of people served -- without being alerted. As a former waitress, i happily overtip -- but i was furious when i realized that i had tipped 25% on a check where i had already been charged 15% (this was for 2 drinks, not a party of 6+ where included service is standard). when I spoke with the server about my concern, i was told that it's standard Marriott policy and they have no control. Not only is that patently untrue (unless they changed policy last week and i didn't notice), it does not explain why the servers don't explicitly tell customers that a modest service charge is already included. Sorry, but they are intentionally deceiving customers and management needs to address this issue.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
TeamMarriott, Manager at New York Marriott East Side, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2019

Dear Amy G,

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns. We are disappointed you left unhappy and apologize that the 15% gratuity was not clearly communicated to you. Please know this is listed on our menus, so guests are aware. With that being said, we know the small details add up and make a major impact on your overall impression. We would love another opportunity to regain your confidence.

Reviewed February 13, 2019 via mobile

Stayed 6 nights to celebrate sons 21 st birthday. Check in really smooth and allocated a twin room on 15 th floor. Room really spacious with good amenities,fridge,iron and board,coffee making facilities. No hairdryer though. Beds really comfortable.
Having been to New York many times in the last year I didn’t have much trouble at all navigating the local attractions. However a special mention must go to JC on the concierge desk who highlighted attractions further afield and directed us on the best way to get there. She recommended that we purchase a 7 day travel pass which included the trains and buses and this definitely saved us money with the metro station just one block away. No question was too silly and no request was too trivial. JC made our trip so easy and if there is an award for employee of the month she should be at the top of the list!!
The bar and food service was good with competitive pricing and friendly staff. We were allowed an extra hour for check out at no additional cost so worth asking.
If you are looking for a comfortable base in midtown then I would not hesitate to recommend.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank hscameron
TeamMarriott, Front Office Manager at New York Marriott East Side, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2019

Dear hscameron,

We are delighted you had an outstanding stay at New York Marriott East Side and that you loved all aspects of our hotel, particularly the devoted service provided by our friendly staff. Your comments will be shared with the associate you mentioned. Thank you for recommending us to future travelers and for choosing us for your son's birthday celebration. We look forward to hosting you again soon.