“Good value for midtown manhattan.”

NH New York Jolly Madison Towers
Ranked #384 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Mattoon, Illinois, United States
“Good value for midtown manhattan.”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

I got a good rate (good for manhattan) for this hotel on hotwire. After reading all of the poor reviews I was skeptical. We didn't have any problems during our 5 day stay. The hotel is in an excellent location. The rooms are clean and larger than most in midtown. Yes, this hotel could use and update. However, it is clean and safe! We didn't travel to Manhattan to hang out in the hotel!

There are plenty of breakfast options near the hotel. The 20 dollars for continental breakfast is absurd.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Laura M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed May 21, 2014

This hotel has everything, great views, the best location and we experienced great customer service through out our stay.

Views - You can look out the window and see the hustle and bustle of the New York streets going on around you. Which is exactly what we wanted to experience. We had our window open the whole time there. If you would prefer to look rather then hear, just close it! The windows have good double glazing and you can barely hear anything.

Location - right by lots of subway stations which can take you anywhere. 10 min walk to time square, Empire State Building, broadway, Bryant park and 5 min walk from local bars and Irish pubs.. To name just some of the attractions you are a stone throw away from.

Service - we experienced great customer service throughout our stay at the hotel over 5 days. Every request we made they were more then happy to help with. Also have us directions to places we wanted to go and ensured our needs where attended to without the need for us to ask. Such as Bell boy approaching us as we left the lift to ask if we needed some where to store our luggage before our journey home later that day, did we need him to flag us a taxi and lots of other little things which when time is precious really help you to enjoy your holiday.

Our hotel room was always clean and tidy, hoovered, made bed, cleaned bathroom etc.. with fresh towels everyday!

Would reccomend the hotel to anyone and for the price of the room it really is top notch! Snap it up if there is a room available! You won't regret it!

• Stayed May 2014
Salsomaggiore Terme, Italy
Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

Three nights in hotel, perfect location (the only positive point) but too hold, the room was very small and the windows facing the inner courtyard. The TV (old fashion) didn't work, I have asked 3 time in three days for a technician but he didn't show up. For sure needs a renovation.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these New York City hotels

Treviso, Italy
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I stayed for business 3 nights in this hotel in midtown Manhattan.

My overall experience has not been bad. It's strongest point is its location very convenient.

At check in staff was professional and quick enven if not chaming at all. I was surprised that none gave me an help with the 2 big bags I had, after an overseas flight I would appreciated it.

The room is tidy, modern, clean and quiet. Free WiFi was good enough. The bathroom was huge and recently renovated, a real plau of the room.

I didn't tried breakfast or any other service of the hotel, Breakfast at 18USD was too much when you have many option right outside of the hotel door.

Of course price was too high but a good solution in Manhattan cannot be cheap.

At the end I can suggest this hotel and I think that I will come back.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Akron, Ohio, United States
Reviewed May 18, 2014

When I found a room for $230.00 a night in a great location in Manhattan I was skeptical. But I booked it anyway and I think I just found my new place in NYC. Was it a fabulous hotel? No. But our room was clean, the bathroom modern and the staff was very kind to us. The bar was actually kind of hip. Very dark and very Mad Men. The bartender was very attentive to my wife when she stopped in for a glass of wine and she told me when she came to the room what a perfect gentleman he was and what a lovely time she had. It is a short walk to Grand Central and the Empire State Bldg. So yes, if you are on a budget I would recommend the Jolly. Besides, it's kind of cool to say to a cab driver, "take me to the Jolly".

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Steve R
Odenton, Maryland
Reviewed May 14, 2014

The most appealing thing about this hotel is the location. It's right in the middle of Manhattan. Walking distance from everything. It is clean and the service is good. The rooms are a decent size. The decor is really old. The furniture is old. The bathrooms are updated and clean. They keep things clean. It wasn't the best but we didn't need that. Dont expect a pool or restaurant lobby. It was a clean place to stay while we visited New York. Decidedly average. Oh and most importantly, I didn't see any bugs while I was there.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank talia c
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 12, 2014

We do many events in NYC at different hotels and locations; however, we may have found the right fit with Jolly Madison. The rooms for our event were perfect with ample room for breakfast, lunch, and networking breaks. The staff members were incredibly helpful and they were as detailed with the setup as we were (which is a first). They were also available throughout the day in case anything was needed. Overall, it was a great experience working with them and we look forward to coming back again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business