NH New York Jolly Madison Towers
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$195
$172
  • Fitness center
The Bentley Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$202
  • Room Service
InterContinental New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$336
$281
InterContinental
  • Room Service
Parker New York(New York City)
$415
$403
  • Restaurant
Royalton Park Avenue(New York City)
$295
$234
Official Site
  • Pool
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$134
$689
$617
  • Pool
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
$265
$239
  • Room Service
Millennium Hilton New York Downtown(New York City)(Great Value!)
$228
$197
  • Restaurant
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$168
$140
Park Central
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
2,807 results
All reviewsmoonstruck dinerthe empire state buildingtimes squaremadison avegrand centralbryant parkfew blockshotel is in a great locationaround the cornerbig applecorner roommacyssubwayjfkbroadway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We stayed in that hotel only for one night this February 2014. The hotel is very well situated and the breakfast is very good. The rooms are small but if you are in downtown during the day sightseeing you don't have much time to look at your room. The prices are high but I guess that's normal for NYC

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I almost wanted to put 3 stars for this hotel as actually it is very shabby, the reception staff are all grumpy and unfriendly. But, for the price we paid (just under £90.00 a night for 2) and the location it felt like good value in New York.

The rooms are small although wardrobe was a useful space with some drawers inside it. the bathroom was clean and the shower strong. There were several marks and scuffs over the walls and both bedside table lamps had broken shades, the heating was noisy but did work (important as it was freezing outside).

We found the bellboy/concerige really friendly, there were 2, Roy and someone else - they were both really nice to us. The reception staff though were distinctly unfriendly, in fact 1 girl gave a hard time to one of the bellboys in front of other people, quite embarrassing.

However, the location is great, moments from Grand Central Stations - 15 minutes walk from Times Square and Madison Gardens. Really close to 5th Avenue and Broadway so great for shopping. I'd recommend based on location and price but don't pay for Breakfast - go to dinners and shops around and don't expect to have a wonderful greeting or leaving..

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Hotel was really old fashioned and definitely needs updating!

The room was on the 9th floor and was tiny with just enough space to walk around the kingsize bed, but it was very clean. The walls are VERY thin. I mean, we could hear the guests next door to us whole conversations when they were just talking at normal volume.

The bathroom was spotless, no faults there although the toilet kept filling to the top with water and we were always scared it was about to overflow.

The heating system:
We were there from 28th Jan-3rd Feb and it was bitterly cold, however the heating didn't ever seem to find a happy medium.
One moment it was ploughing out ice cold air conditioning to the point we were wearing as many layers inside as we were outside, and then the next minute it would churn out hot air so we would have to quickly peel a few layers off.

Minifridge (as they always are) was very expensive
$4 for a tiny bottle of water, however just around the corner on Madison Ave opposite Dunkin' Donuts there is a little supermarket type shop selling 2L water for less than a dollar so we were just going there for drinks and snacks and using the fridge in the hotel room to cool them.

Breakfast!!
On arrival, it was explained to us that breakfast was included in our price and it was between 7:30-10am.
The first few days we didn't go but one day we had some time to kill in the morning so we just thought we'd try it out.
On the door of the breakfast room, the hostess told us that it actually wasn't included in the price but it was a continental buffet service and was $9. For this price we couldn't complain so we decided to give it a go.
What a bad decision!
The 'buffet' consisted of a few slices of bread/bagels that you toasted in the machine, a couple of dry croissants and some yoghurts and fruit.
You can also ask the chef for bacon and eggs if you wish. I thought I might aswell take the bacon and eggs if I'm already paying for it in the buffet and I had this with a bagel.
My boyfriend had 1 slice of toast and a yoghurt.
Once we had finished they brought over the bill and it was in excess of $60!
We then had gratuity to pay on top, of course!
So for 1 slice of toast and a yoghurt it cost over $30!
Safe to say we didn't go to breakfast at the hotel again!

Staff at the hotel were okay, didn't speak to them much so can't really form a judgement on them but you can't help but notice how everybody you come across is somehow trying to make a dollar off you! (Typical of NY in general though to be fair, not just this hotel)

In walking distance of most touristy things so can't fault the location.

And would come back here again in the future as it was just a base for us to stay at nights as during the day there is so much going on that you're never really in the hotel itself.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 12, 2014

This is my second stay and second review for the hotel. I was travelling again for business and scored another great, albeit, blind deal through hotwire. I was nervous all over again as you don't want to get any of the floors below the 14th but given a little gratuity with the lovely concierge, I was placed on the 15th floor. Full amenities, with in room coffee and tea service as well as a fridge.

The beds were not as comfortable as my last stay, but the room was perfectly clean and the iron was in excellent working condition. I had a kettle that wasn't working but was switched out in a timely manner.

Would stay again - but only on 14th floor and up!

Room Tip: Be good to your concierge - they hold all the power to grant you a so-so room or a great room.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank JaclynMore
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Honestly this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in - it should be called Fawlty Towers!
Staff were the rudest I have ever come across. Everything was charged extra - breakfast would be $23 for continental - ridiculous when you can pop across the road and 2 of you can eat for that price!
Apart from the bathroom, rooms were the shabbiest I have ever seen. We had to change our first room as it had a tiny little window and was dark and depressing. Rooms were stuffy with no controls in each room to allow you to adjust.
Apart from the location I would not recommend this hotel. Pay a tiny bit extra and you can stay at a much better hotel - believe me it's worth it!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple