This was my 5th visit to NYC in the past 4 years. I have never stayed in the same hotel each time. I booked this hotel on Expedia and then started reading comments on line after I had completed the booking. Speaking from my somewhat limited experience, I know that one cannot expect a large room in NYC. Neither can one expect a 5 star hotel for $200 a night either. This is NY. In the past I have paid as much as $700 a night and as little as $150. Not sure what the cost of this hotel was because it was part of a package but think it was somewhere around $160 a night.
After reading some of the reviews, I thought I may have made a mistake but I now know that I didn't.
This location is perfect. Ten minute walk to Times Square, 3 minutes to the Empire State Building and it is only 1 block from 5th Avenue.
Our group had 2 rooms booked. They were supposed to each have a King bed. One did and the otherone didn't. The one that didn't though was huge. The one that had the king bed was also very large too. For a mid priced hotel - the rooms were very big, very clean and even had a mini bar, two telephones and 3 hair dryers. (Don't think that 3 hairdryers are normal though) Iron and ironing board were also included as were nice toiletries. Unfortunately there wasn't a coffee maker in the room though but that would be the ONLY thing that wasn't in the room.
You do have to pay for internet access which I hate (but that is common in NYC hotels).
The good and the bad:
Concierge - (Jose and Roy)
Great breakfast place accross the St. (Moonstruck)
Convenience store and liquor store 30 seconds away.
rooms are clean and have been updated. Surpised that the TVs aren't flat screens but then again, if you are going to New York, you probably aren't going there to watch TV.
Lots of cool places to eat near by.
Did I mention Jose and Roy?
Have to pay for internet
No resteraunt in the hotel - but who cares right?
I didn't see all the roms in the hotel but can only comment on the rooms I saw. This is a great place. I wil stay there again when I go there next.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of New York City, the NH New York Jolly Madison Towers combines Italian-inspired elegance with art deco charm and an array of modern comforts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with NHHotels, Cancelon, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your NH New York Jolly Madison Towers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jolly Hotel Nyc
- Hotel Jolly Madison New York
- Jolly Hotel Madison Towers
- Jolly Madison New York
- Jolly Hotel New York
- Jolly Madison Hotel New York