I was excited by the other reviews and had no disappointment from my trip. I told my friend when we returned home that "I don't think we could have done this trip much better." The first step was an early check-in when we arrived mid-morning. The room is apartment-sized and way above New York standards for room size. The kitchenette was perfect for handling my insulin and supplies and I really appreciated the refrig/freezer. I am so used to having to store them in an ice bucket.
I was not disturbed by any noise while there and enjoyed the view out back to the common garden/terrace. Subway stations were nearby and I enjoyed a lovely meal at Brio, an Italian restaurant at 61st and Lexington Ave (The only gripe there was a charge for 2 iced teas. It was very hot in NYC that day and the hustle-bustle had me parched.) Central Park is nearby and worthy of some time while on your trip.
For a final treat, the valets stored our bags after we checked out and wanted to spend more time in the city before our flight out. They even charged my cell phone and kept it with the other bags (It had died the night before and did not charge properly overnight.) I was so happy to have it returned and fully charged.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tranquil. Thoughtful. Private. Just right for a little alone time in NYC. Discreetly located on the Upper East Side on an intimate, tree-lined street, the Gardens NYC is the picture of Manhattan gentility. It's surrounded by world-class NYC shopping and Manhattan's famed museums, adding grace and charm to its locale. But guests find it's just right for a tranquil retreat. With such great in-room service, you can simply take to your hotel suite and escape for some alone time. Our 129 suites, many larger than New York City apartments, offer generous living space, including full kitchens and large vanities with Hollywood lighting, making them ideal for stays of a day, a week or much, much longer. Hotel Services Fee is $25 plus tax per room, per night and provides you with the following amenities: · $10 daily food and drink credit to our Cupboard or Corner Store* · Daily Wine Hour during Social Sips from 5-6PM · Wireless Internet access for all of your devices · 10% off at Celebrity Chef Geoffrey Zakarian’s The National Bar & Dining Rooms · In-room gourmet coffee and tea offerings · Unlimited package handling and storage prior to and during your stay · Business services, including printing · Local and domestic long distance calls · 24/7 access to our state-of-the-art fitness centers · Access to Affinia bikes (where applicable) · Concierge services *Must be redeemed daily, credit may not be rolled over **Fee is exclusive of service gratuities ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Reservation Counter, HotelPower, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Affinia Gardens Hotel New York City
- Affinia Gardens New York City