“What a pleasant surprise”

Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel
Ranked #73 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
“What a pleasant surprise”
Reviewed August 23, 2010

Stayed at the Affinia Garden Hotel and was so pleasantly surprised at how very professional and courteous the staff was and was extremely happy with the accomodations....not intimidating at all but a very classy place none the less...and it is pet friendly and has rooms with patios...which is a rare thing in NYC. I will be back again and again

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
New Mexico
Reviewed August 16, 2010

I am an enthusiastic repeat customer of Affinia Gardens on E. 64 St. in Manhattan. Initially it was the location that appealed to me most, but over time I have come to appreciate the service ethic of the hotel's housekeeping and front desk staff members. People like Jenniffer Pazmino at the front desk went out of their way to ensure that my stay was comfortable and pleasant.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
ASpektor, General Manager at Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this review, August 19, 2010
Dear YellowDogDemocrat,

My name is Alex Spektor and I am the General Manager of the Affinia Gardens. We are thrilled to know that you are a big fan of our hotel. Our staff is committed to deliver this unique, personal service that you have been experiencing when staying with us. Thank you for your wonderful comments and we look forward to see you soon here at the Affinia Gardens!

Best Regards,
Alex Spektor
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 8, 2010

Very comfortable friendly hotel. The decor was lovely and the bed in the room was magnificent. Along with the accomodations the front desk staff (especially Jackie and Shefi) were phenominal. they took care of pretty much everything I asked for. I highly recomend staying there.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Kincardine-on-forth
Reviewed August 6, 2010

Lovely hotel, with friendly staff, just a few strides away from 59th street subway, so pretty central. In a really nice neighbourhood, close to some really nice restaurants and of course Bloomingdales. We stayed for 10 days, used fitness room etc, and could not fault this hotel. Rooms much bigger than others in NYC we have stayed in; kitchen a bonus!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
ASpektor, General Manager at Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this review, August 9, 2010
Dear TheRennies,

Thank for a great review of the tranquil Affinia Gardens Hotel! My name is Alex Spektor and I am the General Manager of the hotel. We enjoyed reading your review and glad that we were able to deliver our authentic Affinia service. We look forward to welcome you back in the very near future!

Sincerely
Ojai, California
Reviewed July 26, 2010

I just returned from a week at the Affinia Gardens. Upon arrival I was told I was going to be upgraded to a one bedroom instead of a junior suite as I had booked. When they came back with the key, along with the manager, they explained that the upgrade was only for one night and I would have to move the next day to the junior suite. The reason I was told for this was that Goldman Sachs was in residence and would be there for 3 months my reservation that I had booked 5 months ago held no validity. I asked to be kept in the same room so as not to have to come back in the middle of the day running around New York to move things, no rooms were available. I was escorted to the one bedroom "upgrade" and we had 15 minutes to decide what we would do for dinner and were on our way out the door and the manager called and said they were going to move us to a junior suite as soon as they got it cleaned up. This was at 7:00pm. We went to dinner and let them move our things, when we arrived back to the hotel after dinner we found that our room was on the ground floor, in the back of the hotel, across the hall from the public bathroom and gym room and two doors down from the elevator. We had noise ALL NIGHT LONG from the bathroom door slamming, from the elevator ringing every time someone walked by and the cleaning crew opening up there closet and starting cleaning before 7 am each morning. The response to my complaint about this very annoying situation was they had no other rooms available.

The breakfast that they charge $10 for is delivered in a plastic sack, it consists of a small box of cereal, milk in a styrofoam cup, yogurt in a plastic disposable container, a sweet roll and a choice of a banana, apple or orange.

The location is wonderful, the front desk staff is helpful, the bell man knew nothing about the hotel or the area, the gym is a little room with a few pieces of equipment, not at all as advertised.

I would only recommend this hotel if the guest was informed truthfully about all of this.

• Stayed July 2010
1 Thank OjaiDiane
Neuilly-sur-Seine, France
Reviewed July 24, 2010

As always, the Affinia suites are spacious for NYC, and reasonably clean and up-to-date.
However, we had problems with the service:
Despite having reserved a crib and highchair two months in advance, it was only two days into our stay that we got a highchair, and three days into our stay that we got a crib!
Also, their room-service/restaurant delivery service is just a scam - if you get food from one of their recommended restaurants, you have to pay an extra $5, even though delivery is free if you contact the restaurants directly!
Also, the internet connection is very pricey.
Don't use the valet service - there are three parking garages less than 200 yards away, if you park the car yourself, you avoid the $50 fee.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
ASpektor, General Manager at Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this review, August 3, 2010
Dear Mirirab,

Thank you for your time to complete a review. My name is Alex Spektor, I am the General Manager of the Affinia Gardens Hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for us failing to provide you with the amenities you have requested for this stay. While this is highly unusual for our hotel, rest assured this has received the highest attention of our staff to ensure that we prevent this from happening in the future.
We look forward to welcome you back to the Affinia Gardens soon and I assure you will not be disappointed!
Dundee
Reviewed June 24, 2010

Affinia Gardens is perfectly situated for visitors wanting to experience life on the Upper East Side - its within easy walking distance for all the major shopping streets as well as Central Park, the Met, MOMA and many more. The hotel itself was ideal as it offered a comfortable and spacious base with extremely welcoming and helpful staff who offered a number of great recommendations including Alice's Tea Cup tea room for breakfast.

The hotel does not have a breakfast room or restaurant therefore is for suitable for visitors who intend to eat out during their trip and with so many excellent eating places near by I would recommend doing this. I was also given the opportunity to view the available rooms before selecting which one I wanted.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sid87
ASpektor, General Manager at Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this review, June 28, 2010
Dear Sid87,

My name is Alex Spektor and i am the General Manager of the Affinia Gardens. We truly appreciate your valuable comments about our hotel and the area. I will be sure to share your review with our team. Although we do not have a restaurant, we do partner with 4 different restaurants on UES who can deliver room service to your suite and you can charge it directly to your room bill.
We look forward for your return stay at the Affinia Gardens Soon!