“Great hidden gem”

GreenLeadersGold level
Ocean, New Jersey
“Great hidden gem”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

We stayed at the Affinia Gardens May 9-11. It was our first time there and everyone made us feel welcome. We loved having a full kitchen, due to my food restrictins ( allergies). The supermarket was walking distance. Quiet block, but you could walk to the subway to go uptown to museums or downtown to Times Square. The staff was very helpful, whether it was directions, or where to find a place for brunch. We felt very well taken care of. The jr. suite was wonderful. I would go again, if I ever needed to stay in that part of city.

Room Tip: Get a room in the back, if you want extra quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Meryl M
A_Gardens, General Manager at Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear Meryl M,

Thank you for a gem of a review that you have left for all to see on your stay at the Affinia Gardens. It is important for our first time guests to capture all that we have to offer. Our amazing staff and convenient location are what really set us apart from other hotels in NYC. I am happy that you were able to feel welcomed during your stay; As all guests should feel like they are walking into their own home. I would like to have the opportunity to meet you and your family next time you plan to stay here on the Upper East Side.

Eddie Timmons

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Affinia was a wonderful retreat for our family. We all received VIP treatment - including the puppy! Deanna Coudounas was a great hostess and the staff was attentive and efficient. They took care of all the details, making our stay very special! The junior suite was clean and very spacious - everything you might need in the kitchen, a comfortable living space, dreamy beds and immaculate bath. The Upper East Side residential district is an excellent location. Thanks, Affinia for a fantastic stay!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear InternationalNYC,

It was such a pleasure to read your review on your recent stay here at Affinia Gardens. I am thrilled that you felt like you received VIP treatment. This is something that we like all of our guests to experience as we treat everyone as our VIP, especially your pets! Deanna was thrilled to read your comments about her. I have commended her for making such an impact on your stay.
InternationalNYC, we appreciate your business and I would love to meet you nest time you decide to stay with us.

Kind regards,

Reviewed May 5, 2014

We call the Affinia Gardens our city home. The doorman, Caprice, always goes above and beyond. It is perfect for our family of four with two young children. Walking distance to central park, the zoo, shopping, groceries, everything you need. Yet, as soon as the doors shut, the Affinia really does offer the quiet and comforts you crave after a day of exploring the city. We've stayed at a handful of NYC hotels and we now only come back to the Affinia every year.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
A_Gardens, General Manager at Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear MeganButtersRae,

I appreciate you taking the time to leave your thoughts about your most recent stay. I was so happy to hear that you and your family had a great experience here at Affinia Gardens. Our amazing staff including the doorman and Caprice really see our guests as family and want you to feel that comfort when you enter. Thank you for seeing us as your home away from home.

I hope to meet you on your next trip into town.

Kind regards,

Perth, Australia
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Does the idea of a large apartment in a quiet neighbourhood, but still close to all the sights of NY, appeal to you? Then this definitely is the place. Only a few minutes from the subway, (buy a 7-day MTA pass for $30) with the Food Emporium nearby for all your food requirements, plenty of restaurants for a meal out if you want a change from the Emporium's ready-to-eat meals, a large room with a comfortable bed and lounge area and a good size bathroom. I'm not sure why folks would pay more money to stay downtown. As others have indicated, try and obtain a rear room facing over the gardens as it's very peaceful. They will also organise a car to JFK airport at a reasonable price. I would have liked to see free WiFi in the rooms.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WalkersWA
Dear WalkersWA,

Thank you for taking the time out to write about your most recent stay here at Affinia Gardens. It was so refreshing to read your review as if it was an advertisement add. We really are that quiet refuge with the tree lined streets and the no honking laws of the Upper East Side. I am thrilled that you felt the essence of what Affinia Gardens is all about; Serenity!

I hope I have the pleasure on hosting your next vacation here in New York.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I was very impressed with the hotel staff. Once I did my booking, I received a personal email from one of the staff (Deanna) offering any help to make my stay the best as possible. Once there, I met her. All of them (including the doorman) were always with a smile to help us to go around and help with our needs. The bedroom is very spacious, clean and the kitchen is well equipped. It also has a very good location. Near supermarkets, shops, museums and Central Park. I will definitely come again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
A_Gardens, Manager at Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear Maria Beatriz B,

Thank you for leaving a review here on trip advisor. I see my team made quite the impression even before check in. What we realize here at Affinia Gardens is that a guest's stay does not begin at check in, however as soon as that reservation is being made. We are happy that our accommodating rooms, great location and team were able to cater to all of you and your family's needs.

I hope to welcome you back soon on your next trip to NYC!

Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Ideally located for midtown manhattan - on the quiet east side - feels like a small hotel. Extremely comfortable and convenient suite. We have stayed here at least seven times over several years. Our absolute favorite in NY. And very pleasant staff. We want to thank Deanna Merlo Coudounas for her help with reservation, Pedro at the front desk, and the very accommodating Krys Kol with moving luggage and grabbing cabs.

Room Tip: Rear of the hotel facing E. 65th St.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear maentwrog,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review of your most recent stay here at Affinia Gardens. It's always a pleasure to see guests come back over the years; it just confirms that our unique hotel and amazing staff such as Deanna, Pedro and Krys are worth coming back for more!
It was such a pleasure to read your review. I hope on your next trip into town, I have the opportunity of meeting you.

Looe, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 26, 2014

My daughter and I were delighted with the hotel. We had a one-bedroom suite - comfortable beds and quiet rooms situated at the back of the building. The hotel is well situated for Central Park, excellent restaurants, Bloomingdales and of course the Metro. All of the staff were helpful and attentive, especially Pedro, Caprice, Sal and Kris (thank you for patching up my case so that I could get it home!). We had a wonderful week exploring New York, and Affinia Gardens was the perfect base for us. My only suggestion would be that the suite's coffee machine needed upgrading: it really wasn't fit for the purpose. However, we're already planning a return trip to New York, and would definitely want to stay in Affinia Gardens.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Kathryn C
A_Gardens, General Manager at Gardens NYC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Kathryn C,

I appreciate you taking the time to write about your wonderful stay here at Affinia Gardens. I am ecstatic to learn that you and your daughter had a great holiday here in New York. Our plush comfortable beds are like laying on clouds and can actually be purchased on our website at affinia.com. Besides our large rooms, perfectly location to upper east side shopping, metro and restaurants is our amazing team here at Affinia Gardens. Our front desk agents will literally go above and beyond for our guests which is something you can't just get anywhere in NYC.

Thank you again for your gracious comments and would love to meet you when you stay with us in the future.